Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alex Willis

Comments

• Kent Live saying Everton sniffing around...

Are we now the scouse area feeder club?
  • RD probably doing a BOGOF with Konsa.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Kent Live saying Everton sniffing around...

Are we now the scouse area feeder club?

Kent live article has absolutely no quotes from anyone or anything and most of it is simply copied from an article that was posted by Alex's old club 2 years ago.
  • I know of a lad who used to regularly score 70+ goals a season for Arsenal junior sides until he went to secondary school where his dad took him out of the Arsenal Academy to concentrate on an education. Don’t know if he’s gone back into pro football
  • Apparently Everton are sniffing
  • Alex Willis has been used to making headlines in his fledgling career.

The Charlton Athletic teenager has now scored a staggering 500 goals for Charlton from the age of eight up to U23.

And now it is rumoured Everton are interested in signing the player, such is the impact he has had in the game at such a young age.

Willis scored one of the goals as Charlton U18s fell to Reading 4-3 on Tuesday night (January 16) in the FA Youth Cup.
  • How old is he?
  • How old is he?

He started out at Faversham Strike Force FC, joining the Kent-based Strike Force in February 2005, aged five. He scored more than 250 goals in his short time with the club.
  • IF there’s no substance to the Everton rumour then someone at the club should give Kent live a call....
    Really irresponsible journalism both in the current climate at the club and for the lad’s state of mind and future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:

Apparently Everton are sniffing

Has Lookman said to his coach at Everton, "Hey, there's a terrific youngster coming through the Academy at Charlton, I remember.
    Has scored 500 goals since he was in the Under8s. They'll let him go cheap."

Quick Tweet to Willis, "Yo, Alex ... I put a word in. They're coming to get yer!"

• I like him because he scores goals and is statto enough to count them and have a cardigan made.

:smiley:

• "The report adds that Charlton will obviously want to keep hold of arguably the jewel in their crown and has suggested that Willis could even get his chance in the first-team in the near future"

Jewel in the crown? Until Charlton tweeted about his 500 goals, how many of us had even heard of him?
  • My 5 year old grandson beat his 3 year old brother 10-3 in the front room so he's on the way to his 500 goals....
  • Based on the Kent Live article which itself was based on a joke on Twitter, but correct me if I'm wrong.
  • _MrDick said:

I know of a lad who used to regularly score 70+ goals a season for Arsenal junior sides until he went to secondary school where his dad took him out of the Arsenal Academy to concentrate on an education. Don’t know if he’s gone back into pro football

Find that unlikely. Most probably released, as it is not difficult to balance football and education at that age. The difficulties arise as they get older.
  • @DOC64 Are you suggesting he's a liar or couldn't get back into football?
  • Most importantly, how tall is he?
  • _MrDick said:

I know of a lad who used to regularly score 70+ goals a season for Arsenal junior sides until he went to secondary school where his dad took him out of the Arsenal Academy to concentrate on an education. Don’t know if he’s gone back into pro football

If i was good enough to score 70+ goals a season for Arsenal's youth teams i don't think i'd have bothered turning up for school ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

@DOC64 Are you suggesting he's a liar or couldn't get back into football?

Not doubting @_MrDick at all as he is only going by what he has been told.

A lot of parents though won't readily admit if their boy has been released.

Arsenal are very stringent about taking boys forward to 11a side football and release a lot of boys prior to that stage. For example Arsenal will put their boys on a full size pitch at a young age in order to specifically test their athleticism. Those that don't deal with it tend to get released.

We are talking about Arsenal here who offer a lot of support in relation to education. Removing a boy specifically because they are starting Secondary school doesn't really make sense. That is my point
  • DOC64 said:

_MrDick said:

Find that unlikely. Most probably released, as it is not difficult to balance football and education at that age. The difficulties arise as they get older and Ricky introduces them to crack (Allegedly).
    You missed a bit.
  • There was a bloke in an Everton football coat walking around the ground at Welling on Tuesday evening for the F A Youth Cup game. Damian Matthew also Everton's London Scout I am told (it wasn't Damian.).
  • 1 goal 1 assist today 4-3 against Coventry with it pouring in snow could of broken my camera it was that bad hoping for a miracle or quick fix
  • Steve Walsh went to Everton as part of the rebuilding process there so it’s no surprise we are on his radar his scouting network is huge
  • edited February 2018
    Cant defend at the moment though can they? - What our Defenders like at that level at the moment, are scorelines harsh and we do actually have some good young Defenders coming through still?