Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD to demand answers at pre-match rally on Saturday (ed. POSTPONED )

Comments

• Options

The football family refers to all whatever club you support. A club run properly from top to bottom....

There is a process going on. Any protest now is negative and counterproductive to the main aim to unite the club.

Oh dear.
  • Options
    Nug said:

The football family refers to all whatever club you support. A club run properly from top to bottom....

There is a process going on. Any protest now is negative and counterproductive to the main aim to unite the club.

I'd say selling some of our better players in an already depleted squad when we are 6th with no intention of replacing them is negative and counterproductive.
    I'm afraid @Smokin Ice joined the forum in 2008 and has made 7 posts in that time. I'm not sure he really has a clue what's been going on.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    jams said:

I don’t agree with smokin ice at all but a lack of posts over the years isn’t a reason to disagree

It isn't the reason I disagree. But I think the anti CARD brigade join the forum just to have the occasional pop.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

To deal with the false “spiteful individuals” narrative, 13 people representing the various elements of the coalition met last night for two hours to consider what action to take. This was a plan worked up collectively at the meeting. There was no dissent in the room.

The CARD statement was shared and agreed this morning by a wider group including about half a dozen people who couldn’t be there last night.

This is how CARD works, and has always worked.

So there would be absolutely no chance of a couple of individuals planting a seed, making suggestions and the others running with it?
    If you understood the personalities of the people round the table - all of whom have put many hours of their time into CARD over the last couple of years - you’d understand how wrong that is. It’s not just about turning up at occasional protests.

The breadth of the group is the reason it isn’t prone to narrow agendas or reckless initiatives.
  • Options
    No.. you are right James. But it is a forum for Charlton fans right.. I have an opinion which may not be agreeable to you, all or a few. But it's an opinion based what has been said. On the contrary to your assumption been following CAFC for 35 years. Oh well still anti a protest but there you go..
  • Options
    smoki n ice .35 years takes us back to 1982/83.Did you agree with the protests that led to a return to the valley in 92 or did you feel like mr friar that there was no choice but to share wth crystal palace.be honest now[if you dare].
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks killerandflash. Not anti card James Seed. Timken read why Charlton thread,, it all there.
  • Options
    The Club won't be united until the current owner has sold up.

I think it's reasonable that the Clubs customers are updated honestly about the current position of the sales process and the ongoing management of the Clubs functions.
  • Options
    I would have thought that as the only director of the club likely to be at the game on Saturday, a impromptu visit to the Directors box a la Brighton would have had more effect. Murray is a lying scumbag and I wouldn’t, want to listen to his shit even if he did come out.
  • Options
    I doubt RM will address the gathering but I’m 100% behind it. It’s just another proactive, considered piece of action by CARD to remind RD he bought the wrong club, and he’s a cancer that needs to be removed. For me, regardless of whether or not RM does or doesn’t address us/give us an insight into what’s going on or whether or not funds will be made available to KR to buy players, I just think it serves as a good reminder the club is ours and we shouldn’t rest until RD is gone.

Re: RM, I still have a lot of respect for what he achieved, but after all this is done and dusted, I think he should cease to have such a profile at the club and just focus on being a fan. I don’t see what he has to gain personally (other than watching over his money) from sticking around in a figurehead capacity
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I doubt RM will address the gathering but I’m 100% behind it. It’s just another proactive, considered piece of action by CARD to remind RD he bought the wrong club, and he’s a cancer that needs to be removed. For me, regardless of whether or not RM does or doesn’t address us/give us an insight into what’s going on or whether or not funds will be made available to KR to buy players, I just think it serves as a good reminder the club is ours and we shouldn’t rest until RD is gone.

Re: RM, I still have a lot of respect for what he achieved, but after all this is done and dusted, I think he should cease to have such a profile at the club and just focus on being a fan. I don’t see what he has to gain personally (other than watching over his money) from sticking around in a figurehead capacity

It's an ego thing.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

To deal with the false “spiteful individuals” narrative, 13 people representing the various elements of the coalition met last night for two hours to consider what action to take. This was a plan worked up collectively at the meeting. There was no dissent in the room.

The CARD statement was shared and agreed this morning by a wider group including about half a dozen people who couldn’t be there last night.

So there would be absolutely no chance of a couple of individuals planting a seed, making suggestions and the others running with it?
    If you understood the personalities of the people round the table - all of whom have put many hours of their time into CARD over the last couple of years - you’d understand how wrong that is. It’s not just about turning up at occasional protests.

The breadth of the group is the reason it isn’t prone to narrow agendas or reckless initiatives.
    Well I can only take your word for it but this idea seems to have missed the mark. I don't remember so many on here questioning CARD's proposed actions so much and it hasn't even been stickied.

Can you explain what the point of this exercise is and if it's a long term play how does it fit in?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No.. you are right James. But it is a forum for Charlton fans right.. I have an opinion which may not be agreeable to you, all or a few. But it's an opinion based what has been said. On the contrary to your assumption been following CAFC for 35 years. Oh well still anti a protest but there you go..

Ok you're anti 'a' protest, not anti protest. Wasn't sure from your posts. But you can be anti protest if you want. And of course you may have been on here many times over the last four years, reading all the posts about Duchatelet's ownership , and just chosen not to comment.
    It'd be good to hear your reasons against holding a protest on Saturday. We'd all love to 'unite the club' but inaction could to lead to there being no club to follow. We've watched the lifeblood draining out of it for four years.
  • Options
    As I said above, I fully support the protests but don't expect any answers from Murray, he doesn't have any.

The Belgian scrote-bag is the guy with the answers and I think we already know what they are.

He'd sell the tea-lady for a tenner if he had the chance to get some of his cash back.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

If i was Richard Murray I would come out and address you all, in fact I will write Mr Murray’s speech for him.

Thanks for turning up and showing interest in our great club. We are in the process of due diligence with a number of consortiums and have signed confidentiality agreements with them, therefore we cannot coment on the takeover or anything concerning the running of the club or it financial transactions at this time.

Good afternoon and enjoy the game.

& I feel this is what will happen, whether murray comes out or a flunky to apologise that he is tied up in a meeting & can't make it, the word is we can't talk about what is happening etc etc bullshit bullshit. Having said that I'll still be there if I can change plans.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Well I can only take your word for it but this idea seems to have missed the mark. I don't remember so many on here questioning CARD's proposed actions so much and it hasn't even been stickied.

Can you explain what the point of this exercise is and if it's a long term play how does it fit in?
    Yet it has attracted 116 likes, which is vastly more than any critical comment made about it.

For the reasons I’ve already set out, I don’t and won’t speak for others involved in CARD. It’s fair comment that people can’t be expected to judge other people who haven’t identified themselves, but I think the idea CARD is a narrow group needs to be knocked down.

It’s very unlikely that any statement would achieve universal support and of course in drawing up any plan you look at its shortcomings and weigh them up. But you might adopt it in spite of these.

My view is that a situation in which RD sells Konsa, possibly others, puts nothing back in and then continues to own the club as the season dribbles away is unacceptable. If that is the position then we may not be able to stop it but we should certainly not accept it. I don’t think Karl Robinson accepts it either.

Richard Murray chose to be Duchatelet’s spokesperson and recently has chosen to take on an active role within the club. He’s not an employee - he can’t be ordered to do so. As such I really don’t see why he shouldn’t be asked again for the statement that Robinson was pretty obviously trying to force him to make with his comments last Saturday.

Do you really think Robinson was under the impression RM planned to make a statement?
    My feelings about Murray have been made clear for the last two + years. Its one of the reasons I havent warmed to the approach announced today. It;s far too late imo.

Can I ask why Card has taken so long to target the man? Or did they feel it was much better to have him on the inside pissing out?
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Yet it has attracted 116 likes, which is vastly more than any critical comment made about it.

For the reasons I’ve already set out, I don’t and won’t speak for others involved in CARD. It’s fair comment that people can’t be expected to judge other people who haven’t identified themselves, but I think the idea CARD is a narrow group needs to be knocked down.

It’s very unlikely that any statement would achieve universal support and of course in drawing up any plan you look at its shortcomings and weigh them up. But you might adopt it in spite of these.

My view is that a situation in which RD sells Konsa, possibly others, puts nothing back in and then continues to own the club as the season dribbles away is unacceptable. If that is the position then we may not be able to stop it but we should certainly not accept it. I don’t think Karl Robinson accepts it either.

Richard Murray chose to be Duchatelet’s spokesperson and recently has chosen to take on an active role within the club. He’s not an employee - he can’t be ordered to do so. As such I really don’t see why he shouldn’t be asked again for the statement that Robinson was pretty obviously trying to force him to make with his comments last Saturday.

Do you really think Robinson was under the impression RM planned to make a statement?
    I stated that I don't remember so many on here not in full support. Go back to other initiatives and how many negative comments were there from long term posters and going by your metric of success how many likes did it get?

Regardless, you haven't really answered my questions though. You'd do well as a politician.

And just to add CARD haven't asked Murray for a statement, they've demanded guarantees. The two are quite different.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

As usual Airman sums it up for me in a nutshell. It's not about if the protest will achieve anything, but letting EVERYONE (that's RD & RM, but mostly the media & the EFL) that we CARE about our club & we are not prepared just to sit idly by whilst the owner asset strips the club before our very eyes. The very least thing we can do is to show them up. The pigs, beach balls, coffin & the taxis all got media coverage & hopefully this will too.
    But will standing outside the West Stand asking Richard Murray for answers that he is not in a position to provide deliver those aims?
  • Options
    The other thing to consider is that he hasn't, as yet, sold Konsa or Aribo, only Ricky Holmes, who apparently wanted to leave anyway.
    So is the action planned a little premature? (Not that I believe that he won't sell them, or anything else that isn't nailed down, given half a chance).
    Just a question of perception from the outside world.