Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD to demand answers at pre-match rally on Saturday (ed. POSTPONED )

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    Having Richard Wiseman involved is a good thing, I doubt much will come of this, but getting the meeting in the manner CARD achieved it shows how shoddy we as a fan Base are treated
  • Options

cafc-west said:

Card action has flushed out a meeting with RM, so well done CARD.

If Roland has an opportunity to sell players, he will. Fans are expecting Konsa to be sold for 4 million, with £300,00 for Holmes who has already been sold.

According this forum he is losing £500,000 per month. That £6 million per year.

Selling players will cut his losses, down from £6 million to £2.7 million.

It makes good business sense.

The more he hangs on to the club the more he will lose money.

Now CARD should consider asking fans not to buy next year season tickets.

This may provoke Roland into selling the club as he will faced with catastrophic losses.

Perhaps he will then sell the club before the end of this season.

This proposed action may have the desired effect.

Please discuss

He's not losing £500k per month. As I understand it, he is loaning the club £500k (or whatever the actual figure is) from his parent company each month and the club are then paying interest on the loan to his company - hence the debt continually growing.
    That's part of the problem - it quickly reaches a point where there is no way of getting the loans back unless the club is successful. Seeing as he has realised he can't make that happen (because his ideas are crap, but he blames everybody else), he is losing money whatever way you look at it. I mean, who is going to pay £55m for the club when he only paid £18m!!!! It has lost thousands of fans, has less playing assets and is an average club in a lower division than when it cost £18m!
    Roland going to sell konsa and hope the last 8 players gain promotion via the play offs.
    He will then sell for more than the 27 mil offered but not the 55 mill.
    Then in his eyes and probably mine the nutters not done that bad
  • Options
    edited January 2018

RM is trying to cosy himself up to the new owners by being the link to fans.
    Sadly, he has been tainted by the RD years and needs to take a back seat.
    There is nothing he can say at the meeting except - we are in discussions with bidders and are powerless to stop RD selling whoever he wants, whenever he wants.

£400K for Ricky is going to bring my "Yann upset" all back again.
    The Belgian must go - ASAP, before he can do any more damage.
    Then we need a clean sweep of all the old guard, incl RM, that nonsense security guard bloke, and all those Rolandites with laptops and excel spreadsheets.

Not sure about KR though...........maybe let him have the full season?

He hasn't been tainted by Belgians, he's backed them to the tilt and has had nothing but distain for us fans and utter disregard for the best interests of Charlton, he's done this all off his own back.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

BDL said:

Addickted said:

BDL said:

Addickted said:

Does this mean the bouncy castle in the car park will be back - I do hope so

Only if you plan to lie down......
    Three stone down my slap headed Ebsfleet fan so catching up with you.

Mind you if I had a hairstyle like yours that would probably add another stone.
    Touchy!
    Is that meant to be touché or touchy?

I know communicating isn't your strongest point. :smiley:
    Touch - eeee
  • Options
    Well I will be looking for a sense from him as to whether we are looking at days, weeks, months or nobody knows! I think if he is able to convince us it is very likely to happen, even in a month or two, it will calm things down. Obviously there is a secondary concern about an opportunity being wasted this season but there isn't much we can do about it - when the window has closed, it has closed.

My worry is Duchatelet is unrealistic - he has been unrealistic from day one after all - so if he wants too much money to get back what he has paid in - I can't see how he will ever sell the club. If Murray convinces me that is not his approach, that would be something.
  • Options
    Great to hear that.

Apologies to all of you who have worked so hard with great ideas and implemented them to draw attention to CAFC's plight to a wider audience.

Still can't believe how far Charlton have fallen with arguably it's wealthiest owner.

Looking forward to a new and happier era asap...
  • Options

I've decided that since a statement has been made I will stay in the working men's club and play cards like an old working man.

Cribbage?
  • Options

I've decided that since a statement has been made I will stay in the working men's club and play cards like an old working man.

Cribbage?
    Fan tan but cribbage is the real working man's game.

• Options
    Had a secondment at uni for 3 months where the company organised a room for me to stay in a Enfield in a proper 1950s house. The guy who’s house it was was went over the road to the working men’s club 5 nights a week and played crib, I went too.

By the end of the three months I could just about win a best of 5 once in a blue moon.

Great game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Proof that players and management can't deal with any form of protest.

Oh....

Wait...
    Surely you didn't mean to flag this @Redskin
    I didn't.
  • Options
    CARD said:

The Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD) welcomes the fact that our statement on Tuesday has forced Addicks director Richard Murray to seek a meeting with elected representatives of the Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust (CAST) on Saturday.

CAST is an important part of our coalition and we believe that its chair and vice chair can be relied upon to ask the necessary questions about the club’s current situation. Of course, it remains to be seen whether any satisfactory answers are provided.

This meeting is a direct outcome of our statement and in the light of it we are postponing our rally from Saturday, since it makes no sense to ask Richard Murray to hold both a private meeting and a public one on the same day. Clearly, what is discussed in private must be shared publicly afterwards.

CARD’s aim this week has been to get answers and positive outcomes for Charlton fans. We do not stage protests for their own sake, and we believe a postponement is the reasonable and responsible approach to take in this case, although as ever we realise there will be a range of views about that.

We will make a further statement about our next move when we have reviewed any information that comes out of the meeting.

Seems smart.
  • Options
    Forcing Murray to speak on Saturday is a start, although it is hard to take seriously anything that comes out of his mouth these days.

The most important act for any new owner in my opinion is to get Murray out the door, immediately. Charlton will never be able to move on and recover with Murray still here.
  • Options
    In this week’s Big Match Preview podcast

• Options
    I hope the @Henry Irving question gets answered - "What's your exit plan?"
  • Options
    Get stuck in today, lads
  • Options
    I wish Richard Wiseman and Steve Clarke a constructive and productive conversation with Richard Murray today. I will be delighted if they learn anything of substance, but think it is unlikely. If nothing else, I hope Murray takes from the meeting the reality that supporters have no confidence in him after his failure for the past 4 years to fulfil his self-appointed role as go-between, and that patience is paper-thin.

CAFC is currently rudderless, with an absentee owner who seemingly has no interest in the club beyond what money he can salvage from the wreck he has created. Roland is clearly ignorant of the realities of the football industry, and appears set to duplicate the disastrous asset-reducing decisions he made when he first bought the club. The phrase “penny wise, pound foolish” appears tailor-made for RD’s approach to running, and now selling, the club.

Can Richard Murray do anything to reduce the long term damage? I have my doubts. Why is RM hanging around being Roland’s human shield? Interest in CAFC? Or self-interest?
  • Options
    If the Trust is reading, one question I would have is whether any of the interested parties are property people...

Was at work yesterday when a contact of mine who I would describe as a big hitter in the property world said to me “Charlton are being sold” - he is a fan of a big4 team who has never shown interest in Charlton before. So I resisted the temptation of saying “thanks Colin” and said yes, it is well known amongst fans. He said he had heard through a contact of his that it is a property play.

I have no idea who told him and therefore whether it is credible as a rumour but he would not have simply made it up as he is just not interested enough in us or me to do that!