Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD to demand answers at pre-match rally on Saturday (ed. POSTPONED )

Comments

• Options
    Fair play to RM on this one. Will be interesting to read his comments
  • Options
    Yes, the comments are going to be very interesting and I dearly hope they provide us with positive news. It is better to conduct this sort of conversation with a couple of representatives and we all know that this is all CARD wanted all along. I think those that were saying it was a waste of time when the protest was called may need to reconsider their stance.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    YTS1978 said:

Fair play to RM on this one. Will be depressing to read his platitudinous bullshit.

Alternative version.

Edit: To save anyone writing 'The bloke can't win. He agrees to a meeting and you still slag him off', yes I am pleased he's meeting CAST. I'm just not very optimistic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Absolutely no doubt that Murray has been forced to meet with fans because of the planned protest.
    Card doing the right thing to now postpone said protest.
    Now all we can do is hope Murray has something positive to say.
    Won't be holding my breath though.

Not much chance of that but well played CARD
  • Options

Yes, the comments are going to be very interesting and I dearly hope they provide us with positive news. It is better to conduct this sort of conversation with a couple of representatives and we all know that this is all CARD wanted all along. I think those that were saying it was a waste of time when the protest was called may need to reconsider their stance.

Firstly there is no guarantee that the meeting will be anything more than a waste of time on the basis that Murray is, almost certainly, not in a position to provide 'satisfactory' answers. He certainly cannot 'guarantee' that money from the sale of Konsa will be reinvested in the squad.

Secondly we, none of us, know if Murray would have agreed to meet with the Supporters' Trust if they's just asked nicely, opposed to threatening protests and actions, both here and in Belgium, and 'taking gloves off'.

For the record I never said it was a waste of time, but it is not, necessarily, the case that the threat of a protest (now called a Rally) made Murray agree to a meeting when he wouldn't have done so if he'd just been asked.

However I am more than happy with the outcome, and grateful to all those that are, actually, doing something for the benefit of our club. Unlike me (and others) who just sit at the side offering unwanted (and possibly unhelpful) advice and comments. Just because I have a different view of how we go about it doesn't mean that I don't want what's best for the club and I'm 100% sure that so do all the members of CARD.
    Even 'unsatisfactory' answers are answers.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Forgive cynicism after the past four years, but wonder if Murray is under orders ( and we know these days he is Duchatalet's puppet) to meet with CARD with the very aim of halting the demonstration. Struggle to see that the owner, whose inability to communicate is well known, has suddenly decided to open up, especially when he can't even be bothered to talk to the manager.

Not good if he is trying to sell the club if it's against a backdrop of renewed protests. That said, if the end result is he buggers off (and takes Murray with him) then it's all worthwhile.
  • Options
    I hope, that Richard gives something of subsence in this meeting.

Whilst calling a protest has achieved the desired result in getting him out of hiding doesn’t cancelling the protest actually hamper one of the aims?

Namely it’s the last home game before the window shuts, if the response from Murray is sub par there’s no room to manoeuvre?
  • Options

mogodon said:

Forgive cynicism after the past four years, but wonder if Murray is under orders ( and we know these days he is Duchatalet's puppet) to meet with CARD with the very aim of halting the demonstration. Struggle to see that the owner, whose inability to communicate is well known, has suddenly decided to open up, especially when he can't even be bothered to talk to the manager.

Not good if he is trying to sell the club if it's against a backdrop of renewed protests. That said, if the end result is he buggers off (and takes Murray with him) then it's all worthwhile.

Of course, although I doubt if it's anything to do with RD. But if he meets CAST and doesn't provide any answers he will realise that won't be the end of the matter. On the other hand, I don't think you can ask someone to engage with fans and the refuse to participate when they do, even if it's tactical.
    I beg to differ @Airman Brown after all the owner has been a lot more hands on since her Ladyship was "Headhunted" ;)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

mogodon said:

Of course, although I doubt if it's anything to do with RD. But if he meets CAST and doesn't provide any answers he will realise that won't be the end of the matter. On the other hand, I don't think you can ask someone to engage with fans and the refuse to participate when they do, even if it's tactical.
    I beg to differ @Airman Brown after all the owner has been a lot more hands on since her Ladyship was "Headhunted" ;)
    Not according to Robinson today. He says he's had one email and one text.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:

I hope, that Richard gives something of subsence in this meeting.

Whilst calling a protest has achieved the desired result in getting him out of hiding doesn’t cancelling the protest actually hamper one of the aims?

Namely it’s the last home game before the window shuts, if the response from Murray is sub par there’s no room to manoeuvre?

If Murray had something of substance to say, surely it would be released as a press statement? I'd be pleasantly surprised but staggered if he actually said anything new in the meeting.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Does this mean the bouncy castle in the car park will be back - I do hope so

Nope, she went to Sheff. Wednesday. I don’t think she’ll be back.
  • Options

Firstly there is no guarantee that the meeting will be anything more than a waste of time on the basis that Murray is, almost certainly, not in a position to provide 'satisfactory' answers. He certainly cannot 'guarantee' that money from the sale of Konsa will be reinvested in the squad.

Secondly we, none of us, know if Murray would have agreed to meet with the Supporters' Trust if they's just asked nicely, opposed to threatening protests and actions, both here and in Belgium, and 'taking gloves off'.

For the record I never said it was a waste of time, but it is not, necessarily, the case that the threat of a protest (now called a Rally) made Murray agree to a meeting when he wouldn't have done so if he'd just been asked.

However I am more than happy with the outcome, and grateful to all those that are, actually, doing something for the benefit of our club. Unlike me (and others) who just sit at the side offering unwanted (and possibly unhelpful) advice and comments. Just because I have a different view of how we go about it doesn't mean that I don't want what's best for the club and I'm 100% sure that so do all the members of CARD.
    Had he been asked in a nice letter or e-mail I'm not convinced the meeting would have been organised so quickly for a few days time.

It could have been set up for a few weeks time after the transfer window has closed. If RD goes on to sell a few more key players without replacements (even on loan) it would be too late to challenge/question it.
  • Options

T_C_E said:

mogodon said:

Not according to Robinson today. He says he's had one email and one text.
    Always available to sells players it seems ... Tosser
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Does this mean the bouncy castle in the car park will be back - I do hope so

Only if you plan to lie down......
  • Options
    Uboat said:

YTS1978 said:

Fair play to RM on this one. Will be depressing to read his platitudinous bullshit.

Alternative version.

Edit: To save anyone writing 'The bloke can't win. He agrees to a meeting and you still slag him off', yes I am pleased he's meeting CAST. I'm just not very optimistic.
    @Uboat very good