Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

an so it ever was

edited January 2018 in General Charlton
Its just Charlton isnt it ?

Decades we signed free transfers , has beens and cast offs. In more recent times the chancers and video con artists nicking a living.

70,000 capacity while the toilets were holes with slate sides and no roofs.The club "shop" a shed

EVERYONE "i used to go to Charlton but now they are shit"

Relegation fights -- relegation

Winding up orders

No home ground

Exiled and treated like vermin

The decades of piss take

The Cup humiliations

its still OUR club and as said many many times " fuck you im Charlton"

Thankfull for the friendships that have lasted LIFETIMES and the few sunny days

Ill be at Donny --- because old mates are going. Never been about the so called footballers conning a living or the likes of RD/ Burger Boy and the Poodles or Tom from Eltham.

Never ever been easy but thats Charlton

Comments

• Think I will make the effort for the Doncaster game
  • The North Upper smoking cubicles are a great improvement on the old days,mind, so....swings and roundabouts?
  • I'm still boycotting until the peanut man comes back.
  • Well said GH.
  • All part and parcel of being a football fan, plenty of clubs worse than ours, all being well after a change of ownership onwards and very upwards, we were spoilt rotten under Curbishlsy, better times ahead - glass half full.
  • I'm still boycotting until the peanut man comes back.

Yoohoo :wink:
  • The cry 'Peanuts, tanner a bag' is one of my earliest memories of supporting the Addicks.
  • The cry 'Peanuts, tanner a bag' is one of my earliest memories of supporting the Addicks.

Along with

3.30 winners and your half times

Along with

3.30 winners and ‘all’ your half times........to be precise blackpool.
  • Sponsored links:

Along with

I stand corrected (
  • Well said that man

Along with " Fu#king hell Charlton are shit !!"
  • I can't count the amount of times i've nearly burst a blood vessel when my mates that support Chelsea/Arsenal etc. ask me what league we are in....

Along with

I disagree, it was "All yer 3.30 winners an yer half-times"
  • EVERYONE "i used to go to Charlton but now they are shit"

The amount of times I hear from big club fans when I admit to being a Charlton fan 'I used to go to the valley a lot in the premier league" pisses me off - admittedly I had season tickets then, but still...

Why are you not there now?
    Oh you're Man U, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham or even Newcastle fans?...
    Oh that makes perfect sense... So where do you go now?

Oh you just don't go anymore? How very {...unique...}

Once I am in a better position financially, I intend to return and force my little one into being a Charlton fan, she'll know that you don't choose it... you're born/tricked into it. (She'll only be forced whilst she doesn't complain about it!)