Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson praises Murray and suggests possible takeover update

Comments

• I learnt a long time ago that what Robinson says is far less important than why he says it. This evening's Murray arse-licking speaks volumes, as does him dishing the dirt on Duchatlet refusing a part-ex deal on Holmes. The survival instinct has well and truly kicked-in.

I’m clearly a big fan of Robinson but i can’t argue with that either
    I still struggle to know if you're being sarcastic in supporting Robinson.

However I have to agree with the above and I genuinely do support him.

I think before the injuries set in, whilst we had quality we were playing tidy football that was penetrative and though the football is not as tidy we are still penetrating sides, we just miss the final touch of quality.
  • Anybody who thinks that Richard Murray , past , present or future is a good thing for our club is deluded. This man has sat and watched our club get torn apart by an owner and his incompetent sidekick and has said nothing . Absolutely nothing. He is a disgrace and quite frankly I do not know how he sleeps at night.
    He has no morals , He has no dignity and he has no right to be a part of the future of Charlton Athletic.
    This is the club we love , the club he claims to support yet for four years he has kept his mouth firmly shut while this club has been systematically destroyed.
    Richard Murray , do us all a favour and walk away now because if you think anybody trusts you any more you are far more deluded than anyone could imagine.

Before the Forest home game(the first major car park protest) I said to Murray that the Belgians had undone all the good work he had done over the years. His words back to me were "Yes I know, but unless you have 50 million pounds".

With that admittance, he should be ashamed of standing with them.

No doubt there will be the, 'it would have been worse if he had not been working from within' load of boll@x.
  • I am pretty ambivalent re Robbo......I tend not to listen to his press conferences and media stuff.......likes to waffle a lot and often talks in drawn out and laborious sound bites, often going round in confused circles!
    He’s certainly not a bad manager and under the circumstances has done a reasonable enough job considering the incredible injury crisis and trying to deal with the horrendous Belgians.
    Found himself having to do a hell of a lot of ducking and diving, especially these last few months.
    Evidently he’s well liked at Sparrows Lane........I wouldn’t be adverse to see him given the chance to prove himself with a decent budget and without the shitty baggage he’s had to lug around.

I'm in agreement with this.

I have some sympathy with @AFKABartram sentiment as being one undoubtedly against any manager RD brought in. To me it was basis, just another out of work manager doing their dirty work, especially when he was singing RD & KM's praises thinking we are all naive and gullible.

I do believe he really wants to be here and make the club a success although part of his latest outbursts seem self preservation at all costs. Give him a chance? Yes I would.
  • Anybody who thinks that Richard Murray , past , present or future is a good thing for our club is deluded. This man has sat and watched our club get torn apart by an owner and his incompetent sidekick and has said nothing . Absolutely nothing. He is a disgrace and quite frankly I do not know how he sleeps at night.
    He has no morals , He has no dignity and he has no right to be a part of the future of Charlton Athletic.
    This is the club we love , the club he claims to support yet for four years he has kept his mouth firmly shut while this club has been systematically destroyed.
    Richard Murray , do us all a favour and walk away now because if you think anybody trusts you any more you are far more deluded than anyone could imagine.

Before the Forest home game(the first major car park protest) I said to Murray that the Belgians had undone all the good work he had done over the years. His words back to me were "Yes I know, but unless you have 50 million pounds".

With that admittance, he should be ashamed of standing with them.

No doubt there will be the, 'it would have been worse if he had not been working from within' load of boll@x.
    Yes I said that a while back, "best to stay onside so I can keep an eye on what is going on" so what exactly did that achieve murray ?
  • I can live with Richard Murrey and Carl Robinson.

Karl outburst , must mean (I hope) that the take over is close.

I do trust Roland, he will hang out for much he can get.

I am really scared that he will hang on to the freehold of the valley.

I want him off, lock stock and barrel.

However the level of debts may leave millions of charges attached to the freehold of the Valley.

I will never go to a match at the Valley, with Roland holding on to the Freehold.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't see a takeover happening this week, we may get an update of sorts but I think any talk of definitive news was more about possible inward transfers (free signings or more blooming loans).
  • edited January 2018
    cfgs said:

I can't see a takeover happening this week, we may get an update of sorts but I think any talk of definitive news was more about possible inward transfers (free signings or more blooming loans).

It’s pretty hard to know anything for sure though isn’t it? Sounds like bloody chaos.
  • JamesSeed said:

cfgs said:

I can't see a takeover happening this week, we may get an update of sorts but I think any talk of definitive news was more about possible inward transfers (free signings or more blooming loans).

It’s pretty hard to know anything for sure though isn’t it? Sounds like bloody chaos.
    It has been chaos ever since Roly HUHd his way into the club.
  • On the bit about Murray putting in his own money. Wasn't it suggested a few weeks ago that Murray may have agreed to pay Bests wages in order to make sure he was brought in.
  • On the bit about Murray putting in his own money. Wasn't it suggested a few weeks ago that Murray may have agreed to pay Bests wages in order to make sure he was brought in.

It was a guess on my part though. No evidence.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I learnt a long time ago that what Robinson says is far less important than why he says it. This evening's Murray arse-licking speaks volumes, as does him dishing the dirt on Duchatlet refusing a part-ex deal on Holmes. The survival instinct has well and truly kicked-in.

I still struggle to know if you're being sarcastic in supporting Robinson

Why would I be sarcastic?

I don’t think I can be any clearer. I think he is a decent manager (not the greatest but decent) who cops a lot of unnecessary stick from fans who made their mind up they didn’t like him from the start, or can’t see anything other than being linked with the regime. Bloke can’t win.
    It's the interweb and tone cannot be read, it can only be assumed.... With many of our posters being extremely sarcastic it can be hard to tell at times!

I do think he's worth keeping on, until at least May, then decide on who leads us into the new season.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

I learnt a long time ago that what Robinson says is far less important than why he says it. This evening's Murray arse-licking speaks volumes, as does him dishing the dirt on Duchatlet refusing a part-ex deal on Holmes. The survival instinct has well and truly kicked-in.

I don’t think I can be any clearer. I think he is a decent manager (not the greatest but decent) who cops a lot of unnecessary stick from fans who made their mind up they didn’t like him from the start, or can’t see anything other than being linked with the regime. Bloke can’t win.
    It's the interweb and tone cannot be read, it can only be assumed.... With many of our posters being extremely sarcastic it can be hard to tell at times!

I do think he's worth keeping on, until at least May, then decide on who leads us into the new season.
    if a new owner came in this week would you trust him with a budget in this window? Also would you let him spend anything unless you were definitely going to let him continue next season? I'm not a fan of his and I don't think he can lead us out of this League. Injuries have not helped, I'll admit that, but his intransigence when it comes to 4-5-1, the inability to change formation during a game and some questionable 'purchases' lead me to think that. The fact that he also can't keep his gob shut and makes statements that he then later contradicts or back tracks on don't endear him to me either.

• edited January 2018

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

if a new owner came in this week would you trust him with a budget in this window? Also would you let him spend anything unless you were definitely going to let him continue next season? I'm not a fan of his and I don't think he can lead us out of this League. Injuries have not helped, I'll admit that, but his intransigence when it comes to 4-5-1, the inability to change formation during a game and some questionable 'purchases' lead me to think that. The fact that he also can't keep his gob shut and makes statements that he then later contradicts or back tracks on don't endear him to me either.

Yes I would give him a budget this season.

Yes I would let him spend some money, letting him know failure to at least make the playoffs will result in a P.45.

I think in the summer it was very much his decision on a few signings, but I also believe players such as Dodoo were forced onto him as recommendations instead of the players he actually wanted.

What I believe and would do, really doesn't matter though... New owners will be funding their own choices.

JamesSeed said:

On the bit about Murray putting in his own money. Wasn't it suggested a few weeks ago that Murray may have agreed to pay Bests wages in order to make sure he was brought in.

I'm frankly shocked Airman.
    Trying to sell more copies of VOTV again ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

Fake news media (airman) trying to bring down your favourite football owner (Roland) of all time. Sad.
  • I’m pretty confused. We are still hearing from trusted sources that there remain several parties interested in buying the club.

Rumour that it could go through as early as this coming weekend and some sort of announcement by the club midweek.

I can’t help thinking that we are still some way off any conclusion. Surely if one party were that close the others would have dropped out.

My guess is that if the club announce anything it’s just going to be that talks are ongoing and that’s it. It’s either done or it isn’t.

Again a guess but I think we are still weeks away.
  • JamesSeed said:

"RM has been great for our club in so many ways and has put his own money in when needed."

- unless this is an intentional wind-up, some people just don't get it. Duchatelet hasn't put a bean in until he settles the debt mountain he's piled-up. If someone else pays that, as he hopes, he will not have put a penny in and he has turned us into a proper League One club with the prospect of League Two at some point.

Post was about RM not RD.
    Oops, sorry!
  • I read the " we might do something early next week" comment , as we might get a player in (probs Carruthers)
  • CH4RLTON said:

I read the " we might do something early next week" comment , as we might get a player in (probs Carruthers)

No, it was referring to the takeover & KR saying that he thinks someone (probably RM) will say more about the takeover early this week.

I think it was more the fact that KR doesn't know what's going on & wants someone higher up to clarify things rather than for him to have to answer questions on it all the time.
  • CH4RLTON said:

I read the " we might do something early next week" comment , as we might get a player in (probs Carruthers)

No, it was referring to the takeover & KR saying that he thinks someone (probably RM) will say more about the takeover early this week.

I think it was more the fact that KR doesn't know what's going on & wants someone higher up to clarify things rather than for him to have to answer questions on it all the time.
    and he's right. He should bat all questions about the takeover back to RM and leave it at that.

• The longer Murray keeps silent, then his catchphrase looks redundant and old news.
  • cfgs said:

JamesSeed said:

cfgs said:

It has been chaos ever since Roly HUHd his way into the club.
    Sounds like it was chaos under the previous regieme too. Maybe it's just our natural state and 1998-2008 was just an anomaly ?
  • Well it's nearly bloody 2 o'clock.

I demand to be told absolutely sod all about the takeover that's not going to happen NOW!!!!!!!