Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland rejects Carruthers deal

124»

Comments

• More to the point, the question should be, do we really need Carruthers ??. Another midfielder, who can play wide or as a number 10. We have plenty of those & unlike Holmes his goalscoring record is not very good. What we all agree we need is a striker. Listening to the post match interview KR says that he has been allowed to spend Ricky's wages (if he goes of course). To me that sounds like another loan or a freebie, but as long as we strengthen where we most need it then not getting Carruthers in p/ex isn't an issue.

I agree we need another striker.

We got Mavididi in but he's currently replacing Holmes on the right hand side.

Another player who can play wide right frees up Stephy. That could be Curruthers.

We also have KAG, who's showing some form, to come back.

• edited January 2018
    I doubt McLeish is going to be our new manager and not exactly excited if he did become our new manager but if he did, then he would be a rare Charlton manager(I can only think of two others) who could boast a major English trophy on their record.

If that makes his record poor then some fans must have extremely high standards.
  • edited January 2018
    Ben18 said:

Carruthers wouldn't have been a like for like Holmes replacement

He's more of an energetic central midfielder, like Jordan Cousins

Which is probably what we need the most Isn’t it?
    In midfield I mean. A striker is what we really need.
  • More to the point, the question should be, do we really need Carruthers ??. Another midfielder, who can play wide or as a number 10. We have plenty of those & unlike Holmes his goalscoring record is not very good. What we all agree we need is a striker. Listening to the post match interview KR says that he has been allowed to spend Ricky's wages (if he goes of course). To me that sounds like another loan or a freebie, but as long as we strengthen where we most need it then not getting Carruthers in p/ex isn't an issue.

Had Robinson pencilled in Carruthers as squad replacement for Billy Clarke?

• Roland is just fully in dereliction of his duty now. He's actively damaging the squad just to draw as much money as possible from the club before he goes. Surely if this sale doesn't go through soon there's a point where the Football League have to step in. He's asset stripping, plain and simple. I'm not holding my breath on the FL giving a shit though

I don’t like what he’s doing but he has put in over £50m and it is his business. He, through the loan from his other company, put the money up to buy Holmes when he signed for us. What do you, really, expect the Football League to do?

If the money was owed to HMRC and the c. £500k being taken out was earmarked to pay for operations on children would you want the Football League to be able refuse the money to be used to repay debt?

Roland is scum and his mistakes and his attitude have done lasting damage to our club but let’s try to be a little realistic, otherwise we will start to sound like what he and Katrien have been describing the fans as.
  • I see carruthers being more of a long term replacement for when Kashi leaves in the summer. He's not a number 10 or winger.
  • edited January 2018

Roland is just fully in dereliction of his duty now. He's actively damaging the squad just to draw as much money as possible from the club before he goes. Surely if this sale doesn't go through soon there's a point where the Football League have to step in. He's asset stripping, plain and simple. I'm not holding my breath on the FL giving a shit though

I don’t like what he’s doing but he has put in over £50m and it is his business. He, through the loan from his other company, put the money up to buy Holmes when he signed for us. What do you, really, expect the Football League to do?

If the money was owed to HMRC and the c. £500k being taken out was earmarked to pay for operations on children would you want the Football League to be able refuse the money to be used to repay debt?

Roland is scum and his mistakes and his attitude have done lasting damage to our club but let’s try to be a little realistic, otherwise we will start to sound like what he and Katrien have been describing the fans as.
    I don’t think he has put in over £50m. As we’ve discussed ad nauseam, he took over the spivs’ debt and acquired the assets and liabilities for £18.6m - based on the accounts. He didn’t put that money into Charlton - he gave it to them. It could be argued the spivs did put it in, but that’s not quite the same thing. He didn’t, arguably, put in the interest he has charged on the debt (say £5m).

I’d suggest based on known figures and reasonable assumptions he has actually loaned £35m-£40m.

I know that’s not your point but let’s be careful not to overstate things. He’s put in less than the old board collectively - and (unlike them, £7m notwithstanding) he wants it back with interest in return.
  • I see carruthers being more of a long term replacement for when Kashi leaves in the summer. He's not a number 10 or winger.

According to KR (in the post Bury interview) he can play wide, in the middle or as a no 10. We may need someone to replace Holmes, we could do with a creative midfielder, but above all else we need someone to score goals........... and that is usually a striker.
  • edited January 2018
    Fair enough. Maybe I should have said that the club owes his other company £50m.

The Football League (and the FA) take a lot of sick from fans but it’s not the governing bodies that have run up, literally, hundereds of millions of pounds of debt. Nor is in the jurisdiction of the FL or the FA to dictate to business owners how much of their business’s assets they are allowed to sell to reduce that debt, or to pi$$ up the wall, for that matter.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    Wages might be better spent on loaning Cousins who barely plays for QPR. Can cover a number of positions.
  • Wages might be better spent on loaning Cousins who barely plays for QPR. Can cover a number of positions.

I bet Cousins would love to come back on loan.
  • Wages might be better spent on loaning Cousins who barely plays for QPR. Can cover a number of positions.

I think he would be keen just to play football after injury hit 25 games in 2 1/2 years since leaving us.
  • Fuck me this thread is depressing.

Just sell the club you senile old cnut so we can all move on

Unfortunately......senile he isn’t!
  • edited January 2018

Wages might be better spent on loaning Cousins who barely plays for QPR. Can cover a number of positions.

Maybe Lookman too. He has appeared in only 6 league matches this year, starting just one.
  • Oggy Red said:

Despicable old scrote.

Why can't he just sell up with a bit of dignity.

London news online should hire you as their headline writer.
  • edited January 2018

When he came in he sold our best player Kermorgant, and hopefully he’s leaving he does the same thing with Holmes, the guy has done us absolutely no favours for the last 4 years, be gone and never darken the valley doors again.

He has hardly darkened the Valley doors much since he bought us. We were told he watches us on a live stream, but that was blown out of the water last season.

As for SP BTW, can we no longer make assumptions about Hitler because we never met him? Is this woman for real. Is it really possible to be that ignorant? Seemingly so.
  • When he came in he sold our best player Kermorgant, and hopefully he’s leaving he does the same thing with Holmes, the guy has done us absolutely no favours for the last 4 years, be gone and never darken the valley doors again.

He has hardly darkened the Valley doors much since he bought us. We were told he watches us on a live stream, but that was blown out of the water last season.

As for SP BTW, can we no longer make assumptions about Hitler because we never met him? Is this woman for real. Is it really possible to be that ignorant? Seemingly so.
    Her view is very much about being grateful for what we have and having faith that he would get it right eventually. With the wrong owner we might not have a club in the future. Fans weren't prepared to give RD enough time.