Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match thread: Bury v Charlton | Sat 13 Jan 2018

Comments

• Options

So, while we wait for a football match to break out here are some intetesting facts about Bury a suburb in Greater Mancunia.

The Bury Transport Museum looks good but it has stiff competion from the Fusiler Museum down the road.

BTW , if any travelling addicks fancy jumping in a lake by 17.00, we have a choice of the following reservoirs, Tureton and Entwhistle, Wayoh and Jumbles....

Decent market up there to.
  • Options
    Almost impossible to play football on this pitch. We should win still.
  • Options
    HALF-TIME | Bury 0 Charlton 0

The Addicks have had the better of the first period, but it remains goalless here at the break. #cafc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTbocKSXUAAA_49.jpg
  • Options
    Here's a not very interesting anecdote about Bury v Charlton last year. I was working in Manchester during that weekend and being so close yet so far from Bury was quite frustrating.
    Anyway in the evening we went out in Salford and I was served in the bar by a Charlton fan. I got a free drink.

Later on that night I told a Manc bird that she sounded Scouse. That didn't go down well :joy:

• Options
    Back on topic, it sounds like we should win and we just need a bit of luck in front of goal. Fingers crossed.
  • Options

Sounds like a repeat of the Plymouth and Gillingham away games

Yep. can't take our chances when on top & then the opposition score from their only real chance.
  • Options
    And after a goaless first half, the score is 0-0.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Almost impossible to play football on this pitch. We should win still.

Do hope you're right.
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

Back on topic, it sounds like we should win and we just need a bit of luck in front of goal. Fingers crossed.

Bit of luck\decent fucking striker. Take your pick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At least we haven't dropped any league places yet!
  • Options
    Pitch poor.
    Reeves trying hard. Doesn’t like a tackle.
    Josh should of scored.
    They nearly scored an own goal.
    Kashi class.
  • Options

Old habits die hard. At my daughter's wedding reception sneaking a peek, is it worth it..?

It’s your Daughters big day. Just go in and sit in the corner. She might not even notice you are there.
  • Options
    0-0 HT, I'd say we were slightly the least worst
  • Options
    As it's HT, I'm mystified as to why my post advising Seth on his bad back received two LOLs...
  • Options

And after a goaless first half, the score is 0-0.

You could also say it 'remains a stalemate'
  • Options

Old habits die hard. At my daughter's wedding reception sneaking a peek, is it worth it..?

It’s your Daughters big day. Just go in and sit in the corner. She might not even notice you are there.
    Dont think she'll appreciate finding him in the corner of the Hotel room when she goes to consumate her marriage
  • Options
    A big afternoon for Fanny.....

Took me nearly 42 mins but eventually managed to follow Paddy's instructions and now have the match live !

( Probably paid £500 for it though....)

COYA !!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Half time stats make it sound like it’s an exciting game. It isn’t.
  • Options
    This is utterly depressing. It's so bad. Magennis is awful. They're all shocking actually. Long ball after long ball. Fuck off Roland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Magdennis needs to learn to put them away. Take him off for rhf or anyone please sounds standard we are having the chances and not putting away yawn
  • Options

This is utterly depressing. It's so bad. Magennis is awful. They're all shocking actually. Long ball after long ball. Fuck off Roland.

Give it to Holmes on the wi.....oh dear :wink:
  • Options

I'm mystified by the decision to go with that bench.

If Solly and Forster-Caskey are not fit, having them on a five man bench is petty and, quite possibly, damaging. Even if forced to select from the U23s, we need to have both a full and fit bench (while hoping to avoid throwing unready players into the fray).

Frankly, if this is Robinson's decision, he should go. It's the sort of petulance I'd expect from a 10 year old. He is, IMHO, today deliberately sacrificing our team's chances of a win on the altar of his own ego, leaving us with an inadequate matchday squad (so, in terms of player selection, not too far removed from the self-regarding idiocy of Duchatelet since 2014).

Yes if he is a man he should go public and say what he has to say rather than using silly devices.
  • Options
    Here come the Addicks for the second 45...

COME ON YOUUU REDSSS! #cafc
  • Options
    The sides are back out for the second half! No changes for either side! (0-0) #BuryFC #UTS
  • Options
    Think the camera person has had a swift pint at ht!
  • Options
    46' Bury get the second half started... #cafc
  • Options

The pitch is almost unplayable. And we're at least trying to attack with Mavididi on the ground
  • Options

I’m calling the Police, you should be ashamed of yourself!
    Ask them to bring a forklift
  • Options
    ross1 said:

The sides are back out for the second half! No changes for either side! (0-0) #BuryFC #UTS

Only because we haven’t got anybody to change.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!