Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match thread: Bury v Charlton | Sat 13 Jan 2018

Comments

• Forgive my apathy/memory loss, but why is Ahearne-Grant not in the squad?
  • sammy391 said:

Forster-Caskey. Proper Charlton. FACT.

What, becasue he’s been told to sit on the bench despite being injured/unfit to make it look less tinpot?
    For a couple of hours, I'd rather focus on the players who want to be with us than that sh*t show that's going on behind the scenes.

COYR
  • Any chance that KR is fibbing/using psychology* with the oppo and Solly and JFC really are fit enough to be on the bench?

*Not sure what type of psychology though!
  • edited January 2018
    JamesSeed said:

I'm mystified by the decision to go with that bench.

If Solly and Forster-Caskey are not fit, having them on a five man bench is petty and, quite possibly, damaging. Even if forced to select from the U23s, we need to have both a full and fit bench (while hoping to avoid throwing unready players into the fray).

Frankly, if this is Robinson's decision, he should go. It's the sort of petulance I'd expect from a 10 year old. He is, IMHO, today deliberately sacrificing our team's chances of a win on the altar of his own ego, leaving us with an inadequate matchday squad (so, in terms of player selection, not too far removed from the self-regarding idiocy of Duchatelet since 2014).

Solly and Forster-Caskey insisted on coming to the match as an act of solidarity apparently.
    [edit - sorry, old news]
    I accept, and applaud, that, but, if they are unfit, they will hardly have insisted on being on the bench.
  • Forgive my apathy/memory loss, but why is Ahearne-Grant not in the squad?

Hamstring injury.

• I'm missing the start as I'm not home yet. We'll score, then I'll watch us lose 2-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Here come the two sides.... COYA!!!!!!! #cafc
  • Charlton get us underway (0-0) #BuryFC #UTS
  • Any news on Charlton players injured in the warm up ?
  • Agh can't get ifollow to work despite being in Netherlands!

Solly and JF-C, walked out onto the pitch and strained muscles :smiley:
  • edited January 2018

Any news on Charlton players injured sold in the warm up ?

• 4' Mavididi wins the first corner of the afternoon... #cafc
  • Afternoon all early thanks Ross and come on Charlton.
  • 5' Bury eventually clear. #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• 4' Corner to Charlton, cleared by Hanson who sets Ismail away on a counter attack but Bunn loses possession (0-0) #BuryFC #UTS

No but the Scouser has realized the error of his ways and added Sue Parkes and Seb Lewis to the bench...
  • Oakster said:

Any news on Charlton players injured in the warm up ?

No but the Scouser has realized the error of his ways and added Sue Parkes and Seb Lewis to the bench...
    Sab passed the height test ?
  • 6' Bury win their first corner... #cafc
  • 7' ...claimed well by Amos. #cafc
  • 7' Corner to Bury... Amos collects the cross with ease (0-0) #BuryFC #UTS
  • edited January 2018
    We’ve managed to concede a corner from the half way line with one pass.
  • 8' Dasilva sends in a deep cross, but it's too high for Magennis who flicks it out for a goal-kick. #cafc
  • Sue Parkes on her way to Norwich, top tucker there.
  • seth plum said:

I did my back this morning sorting my neighbours lovely cat, and I am in fucking agony despite the co-codamol.

If you're able, lie on the floor with your knees bent and your hands palms down on your lower stomach. Support the back of your skull with a couple of paperbacks remembering to totally relax your neck as the books are now doing the job of supporting your head.
    A good slug of whisky or some such really is for medicinal purposes in this instance, and is fine with co-codomal regardless of what the bumph on the packet says.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!