Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Massive financial loss for Duchatelet

2»

Comments

• Options

Hopefully one day soon, he’ll be the richest man in his local care home. There he will be able to sit there and count his vast wealth and reflect on the fact he ain’t no better off than any of the other inmates.

People with his sort of money do not end up in care homes, they convert a part of their homes, have nurses and doctors on call 24/7 and stay surrounded by their loved ones. That is the whole point of being wealthy.
    Being wealthy also gives you the opportunity of buying new shoes whenever you want them. Whether you take that option is another matter.

RD go & rot in a care home in your duct taped slippers
  • Options
    Still convinced he will do whatever he can to fuck us over. He is a delusional old fool who will in my opinion wait until the transfer window has closed just to give us the final kick in the gonads, even if he sells. He knows he is going to lose a lot of money, whenever he sells, and no doubt he has accountants who will put his losses against his other business activities. The man is a cancer, and those who supported him should take a long hard look in the mirror and realise they are too.
    I would be interested in HMRC taking a look at his years at the club, because to me this has a stench that is not easily explained away. I would like to say more, but libel laws being what they are, well......
    However, once he has gone, I'm sure there will be a lot that eventually comes out.
  • Options
    I remember reading our visionary owner calculated the length of his life. I think he said it was 74, he’s probably got that wrong as well.
  • Options
    He was probably gutted when we won without Holmes yesterday, and must hate that the players seem up for it now he's leaving.
    Imagine what it would do to him if we got promoted right after he sells the club.

I hope if we do he doesn't reap some sort of contractual financial reward.
  • Options

Just move away from Sparrows Lane. There are plenty of other training facilities

Not with two miles of ready dug trench there isn't.
  • Options

Just move away from Sparrows Lane. There are plenty of other training facilities

Maybe that disused farm in West Malling would come back as a possibility?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

He'll barely notice.

The shares he owns in his main electronics business, Melexis, have performed massively over the last few years. Propelling him from mere multimillionaire to billionaire status. (In euros). The price per share has increased from high €20s three years ago to €89 today.

He owns in excess of half the company through a holding company Xtrion. Xtrion will be pulling in approx €2 per share per year by way of dividend from Melexis. By my reckoning that's circa €40mn per annum. The value of Melexis shares held by Xtrion is €1.9bn. Let's be cautious and assume RD (or his interests) is beneficial owner of half of Xtrion. His dividends alone more than pay for any loses he makes at Charlton. He has other business interests too.

However attractive the concept of him taking a big financial hit might seem, the reality is very different. By the time he's organised a loss to set against tax, Charlton will have cost him no more than a small box of Godiva chocolates.

All of which makes it even more fucking annoying that he ruined us.

Took over a championship side with some decent players and up and coming young talent, that with a bit of investment that would've been a drop in the ocean compared to his worth, may well have seen us back in the premier league.

A squad with the likes of Pope, Solly, Gomez, Morrison, Konsa, Kashi, Stephens, Lookman, Cousins, JBG and Yann in it with a few solid additions wouldn't have been far off promotion.

Could've turned his 18m into 118m if we'd made it back.
  • Options
    sm said:

He will not care - just go and look at what has happened to the share price of Melexis, the listed company which he controls, over the past year.

Hmm, might buy a handful and pop over for the AGM...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:

sm said:

He will not care - just go and look at what has happened to the share price of Melexis, the listed company which he controls, over the past year.

Hmm, might buy a handful and pop over for the AGM...
    We've tried that. It is not easy to buy the shares.