Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Konsa to Everton ?

Comments

• SDAddick said:

3m for Gomez was a downright giveaway - I remember saying it at the time and being shouted down.

I was not a member here at the time but I'm sorry I was nor around to back you up and shout back with you. An absolutely obscene fee for a player with the tools to be the best English footballer of his generation.
    Certainly wasn't me shouting the Pres down, but we generally have a poor record when it comes to selling fees. What could we expect with RD and Meire in charge? They wouldn't be able to recognise genuine top talent in a young player.

There is alo a Lifer with a credible story which explains why there was no bidding war, Liverpool had a clear path and a pre-agreed price. Just one of the many examples of their mis-management. Looks like another one coming up.

• I know the shambolic state of the club hasn't helped but even so Konsa hasn't exactly been putting in the kind of performances that warrant a PL move. Why would a club like Everton spunk £4m+ on a player that can't even hold down a place in a god awful side like ours.
  • SDAddick said:

3m for Gomez was a downright giveaway - I remember saying it at the time and being shouted down.

I was not a member here at the time but I'm sorry I was nor around to back you up and shout back with you. An absolutely obscene fee for a player with the tools to be the best English footballer of his generation.
    Certainly wasn't me shouting the Pres down, but we generally have a poor record when it comes to selling fees. What could we expect with RD and Meire in charge? They wouldn't be able to recognise genuine top talent in a young player.

There is alo a Lifer with a credible story which explains why there was no bidding war, Liverpool had a clear path and a pre-agreed price. Just one of the many examples of their mis-management. Looks like another one coming up.

The Lookman fee was decent to be fair

The JBG fee really sucked though. £2.5m (alleged) for a World Cup player when at a similar time they signed Jeff Hendrick for £10.5m

We don't know everything that happens behind the scenes though, and what's actually in a player's contract in terms of release clauses etc.
  • RedChaser said:

Mrkinski said:

Cafc will not see a penny of any transfer money. It will go on 'operating costs'. Soon we will have trouble assembling a squad on matchdays.

KR said at the presser today only likely to be 5 on the bench Saturday at Bury.
    Then he should be fired therecis never a reason to not fill a full bench in this day and age
  • I just signed Konsa, Gomez, Pope and Lookman on Fifa 18 for Fulham. Not because they’re ex Charlton but because they’re some of the best prospects. We gave them all away in real life!!
  • There is no way RD can sell Konsa, the club's most valuable player by market value, while the club is being sold. New owners would simply withdraw their bids. I contend this is a backup plan in case the sale drops through. Which is why we keep hearing about the sale being "10 days away" or deadlines of Jan 26. If the deal does not happen, he will sell Konsa at the end of the window in order to lower his loss for 2017-18. But I see no way this happens if a takeover is underway.
  • RedChaser said:

Mrkinski said:

Cafc will not see a penny of any transfer money. It will go on 'operating costs'. Soon we will have trouble assembling a squad on matchdays.

Then he should be fired therecis never a reason to not fill a full bench in this day and age
    Agreed mate hopefully just a sound bite, on the plus side Bauer should be back.
  • SDAddick said:

The Lookman fee was decent to be fair

The JBG fee really sucked though. £2.5m (alleged) for a World Cup player when at a similar time they signed Jeff Hendrick for £10.5m

We don't know everything that happens behind the scenes though, and what's actually in a player's contract in terms of release clauses etc.
    I would contend that it was no more than fair value in the context that another huge upward surge in TV revenues was coming the way of the FAPL clubs, and as always, that was going to go straight on transfer fees. That was perfectly well known and Meire should have factored that into her calculations. You have to also put a premium on Lookman being a young English player.

The JBG fee was another disgrace, we can certainly agree on that. As was Pope's. But I expect Meire was working on some weird formula supplied by RD based on Transfermarkt, or something.

• Abandon ship!!!
  • Tbh after selling YANN, JBG and Gomez for peanuts £4m for Konsa is a good deal.

Let's hope when Roland finally goes we show some actual footballing ambition
  • Sponsored links:

• 3m for Gomez was a downright giveaway - I remember saying it at the time and being shouted down.

Don’t worry Pres there will be plenty of ITK people laughing as we deride £4m as they tell us it is considerably more and nearer 7/8/9 million only for that to turn out to be bollox.
  • SDAddick said:

Frustrating.

As killer says it's always hard with these things to know exactly what fees are. But anything anywhere near the supposed fees for Pope, JBG, Gomez, and now potentially Konsa are poor for their ability and promise. I think the Lookman fee was par.

I'm trying to put this into perspective. We've pretty much always had to sell our young promising players over the last few years. I thunk Lookman and Gomez went at the right time for their development. If I were Lookie I'd much rather be scoring goals in the Europa League than being kicked pillar to post in this league. Given Gomez walked into the Liverpool team he was clearly ready.

But with Konsa it feels a bit premature, in addition to a low fee. Felt the same with Shelvey and I'm sure I wasn't alone. Also thought the same about Jenkinson though the fee seemed decent.

Point being we've always had to sell young players with promise. And in modern football pretty much everyone does. It's just the fees, timing, and then how they money had been allocated that has been so frustrating.
  • 3m for Gomez was a downright giveaway - I remember saying it at the time and being shouted down.

Who shouted you down? £3M for Gomez was madness.
  • RedChaser said:

Mrkinski said:

Agreed, even if you only stick a couple of youngsters on there for the 'experience'. He's just making a point, to RD and any prospective new owners.
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Mrkinski said:

There were only six on the bench at Southend so not just a sound bite.
  • Then again the Everton article is just re-printing the Newsonline one. Like the Daily Record only re-printed what we said on here.

Nothing new - move along.
    So, does that mean Konsa isn't being sold then?
    Genuine question - no answer so far.
    I've no idea but the story which was run on Newsline was just repeated by the Everton one and imo is just speculation with no credible sources. Everyone knows that we are in turmoil & that in January we often sell a youngster, so "clickbait" ran their story and sat back waiting for people to bite.

I would say its 80/20 that he will still be here on Feb 1st.

• edited January 2018

RedChaser said:

Mrkinski said:

Agreed. He thought it was hilarious in pre season when HE decided to have 3 games in 3 days and have Bowyer on the bench for the last game.

Have some minerals now then Robinson. Put your 41 year old assistant on the bench this Saturday along with a 15 year old from the academy!

That would get the media crawling around your scenario!
  • Who cares he is shit right?
  • edited January 2018

RedChaser said:

Mrkinski said:

Agreed, even if you only stick a couple of youngsters on there for the 'experience'. He's just making a point, to RD and any prospective new owners.
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Mrkinski said:

I was aware of the shortage on the bench at Southend and as I said hopefully his comment today was just a sound bite but it woin't be a surprise if he keeps up his 'not so subtle' messages to RD. The devil in me also says he is building ready made excuses for his next job interview as to what brought things to a head for him with us.
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Mrkinski said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Mrkinski said:

I was aware of the shortage on the bench at Southend and as I said hopefully his comment today was just a sound bite but it woin't be a surprise if he keeps up his 'not so subtle' messages to RD. The devil in me also says he is building ready made excuses for his next interview as to what brought things to a head for him with us.
    That was very frustrating. To be fair Sarr had to pull out in the warm up. But yeah, frustrating.
  • Thought the Everton linking was a bit lazy journalism but just discovered that Damien Matthew is involved in the U23 recruitment at Everton, so may be some mileage.

Don’t expect Lookman to be there beyond the summer though, if not sooner

• Sponsored links:

• Thought the Everton linking was a bit lazy journalism but just discovered that Damien Matthew is involved in the U23 recruitment at Everton, so may be some mileage.

As in leaving on loan or permanently? Heard he was quite good against Liverpool the other night. He's still young and raw but think he has the potential to play at the level Everton are hoping to be at.
  • SDAddick said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Mrkinski said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Mrkinski said:

I was aware of the shortage on the bench at Southend and as I said hopefully his comment today was just a sound bite but it woin't be a surprise if he keeps up his 'not so subtle' messages to RD. The devil in me also says he is building ready made excuses for his next interview as to what brought things to a head for him with us.
    That was very frustrating. To be fair Sarr had to pull out in the warm up. But yeah, frustrating.
    But then don't clubs normally have a matchday squad larger than 18 to cope with late withdrawals normally?
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Mrkinski said:

Yeah you would expect Lennon and Bauer to be in the team, along with Sarr if he's fit.

Best case scenario:
    Amos
    Konsa Bauer Sarr DaSilva

Worst case scenario:
    Amos
    Dijksteel Bauer Lennon DaSilva

The problem with Konsa is he's our best RB cover at the moment, and we all know Solly's injury record. Hopefully we would get Konsa back on loan because frankly I don't see a takeover happening in the next three weeks and I don't see Roland approving any more incomings.
  • SDAddick said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Mrkinski said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Mrkinski said:

But then don't clubs normally have a matchday squad larger than 18 to cope with late withdrawals normally?
    Yes. My only thought is that the U23s were on their Christmas break which is why we didn't have 19 or 20 there. My comment was more "I don't think it was necessarily intentional THIS TIME." But it did happen against...was it Gills? And to me that's ridiculous.
  • What a very sad state of affairs - Konsa the latest to be sold to cover the huge operating losses - most of which are self-inflicted. We'll soon have a team of under 25s running around on 'Match of the Day' on Saturday night (Katrien's unique proposition/wet dream).

I can only assume that no takeover is remotely near. Roland is doing what any emotionally detached owner of his ilk would do and trying to sell anyone he can. As we all know, he has form. For he was the man who broke up and sold Standard Liege's best team in a generation.

This will, I am afraid take many years to recover from.

What a turd.
  • About those "large operating losses".... do we have the Championship wage players off the squad now? I don't sense CAFC has too many back room staff. Our attendance is average to above average for League One. Why do we have such large operating losses?
  • About those "large operating losses".... do we have the Championship wage players off the squad now? I don't sense CAFC has too many back room staff. Our attendance is average to above average for League One. Why do we have such large operating losses?

Paying interest on debt to Duche.
    Maintenance of a large stadium.
    Still paying wages for players out on loan.

I’m sure we got a decent sell on clause.
  • Mrkinski said:

4 million or 10 million, the figures do not matter.

The dough will still go in the pocket of Duchatelet. It only MIGHT reduce what he asks for the club.

All so sad and all so messy. We're f*****.