Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

Comments

• edited January 2018

Forster-Caskey is the best player at the club by a distance for me

Fosu is way more skilful an Holmes
  • for me, holmes has been no where near as good for us as he has been previously. runs down blind alleys and has one good cross in every 5 he attempts. as mentioned already, fosu is far more skilful and more valuable to us IMO. but of course he will be a big miss and there aren’t going to be many better we could afford however it’s not like we’re going to sign anyone to replace him anyway
  • No unfair treatment from me. Only decent footballer we have in a different class to Fosu, Foster-Caskey and the rest. If he does go that will be the end of this season. His form is being dragged down by playing with some who don’t put in the shift he puts in.
  • Please don't go Ricky! I love You! :'(

Having said that wouldn't blame him in the slightest for leaving.

I just hope that we manage to hold on to enough of the core of the squad till the day Roland is gone. Otherswise itll take some time ornserious money to get promotion.
  • “But what I won’t do is sell the player just for money. I’m sticking to my guns on that. I’d need a replacement immediately and then we’ll want to use the money to strengthen the squad.

“That’s my whole crux of the conversation and I need to be trusted with that. If I’m not trusted then I’m not the person for the job".

this could get interesting. If Ricky goes and no replacement comes in then I expect Gobbinson to walk. He won't though.

Amazing people refer to Robinson as "Gobbinson". In the middle of the shit storm Robinson has been honest with fans providing the answers to the questions put to him and in this current climate I would wonder how many other managers would be as honest and open giving the fans the answers that they would like to know rather than side stepping them.
    Robinson as a manager and as a man has earnt my respect more so during this period and certainly spent deserved to be called out just because he is the manager of the owner that is disliked.
    I think this is the first time I agree with you!
  • Holmes was superb when he came back from injury last season and started this season in the same vein . Hasn't delivered in the last month or so but the effort is still there . Every player goes through the occasional bad patch . Would hate to see him leave .
  • JamesSeed said:

Ricky has had the benefit of scoring some headline goals; 'Worldies'. Now there's a fair amount of luck in smashing those in from 35 yards as any footballer will admit. Take away those goals and what have you got? Yes, he can get his head down and bomb down the wing, and cross the ball. And he does give 100%. In fact he can shoot given the chance.
    But to me he's a little bit of a one trick pony. Do you ever see him put his foot on the ball, look up and play a killer pass? Not often. He hardly ever even dummies a cross so he can cut back inside. He's just a bit predictable, and the opposition has sussed him out, which has affected both Ricky and the side's fortunes.
    Yes, he's one of our better players, but let's not kid ourselves that he's a premier league player, or even close to one. He probably deserves a chance to show what he can do in the Cchampionship, and if he makes it, with or without us, good luck to him.

[btw I don't think he can be sold while the club is 'under offer'.]

I think to an extent he has been "sussed" by opposition teams. He's still trying, but they know how to defend against him better, not helped by the lack of threat elsewhere with Fosu injured.

• Sponsored links:

• Pretty sure this identical thread happened with JBG who "in retrospect" (aka when he's leaving) was "inconsistent, not that far above this level" etc. It is as silly now as it was then Holmes would be a good signing for anyone in the Championship and we'll miss him massively as that spark. You don't find more than a handful of players at this level who can pull of the magic he can.

Obviously can't blame him in the slightest for wanting to go, especially at his age.
  • “But what I won’t do is sell the player just for money. I’m sticking to my guns on that. I’d need a replacement immediately and then we’ll want to use the money to strengthen the squad.

“That’s my whole crux of the conversation and I need to be trusted with that. If I’m not trusted then I’m not the person for the job".

this could get interesting. If Ricky goes and no replacement comes in then I expect Gobbinson to walk. He won't though.

Amazing people refer to Robinson as "Gobbinson". In the middle of the shit storm Robinson has been honest with fans providing the answers to the questions put to him and in this current climate I would wonder how many other managers would be as honest and open giving the fans the answers that they would like to know rather than side stepping them.
    Robinson as a manager and as a man has earnt my respect more so during this period and certainly spent deserved to be called out just because he is the manager of the owner that is disliked.
    So you now believe what he said in the car park to a few fans before the Oldham game to be true now?
  • edited January 2018
    I want to clarify that just because I said that he had hit a dip in form doesn't mean I think he's shit now, either because he's had a dip in form or because he's leaving us. I've never rated him quite as highly as some, but on his day he's an excellent player at this level. Incredibly dangerous, can beat a man, and can produce moments of magic from nothing. Replacing him would be incredibly difficult if not impossible.
  • It’s because

“Hey Ricky your so fine , your so fine you blow my mind , hey Ricky , hey Ricky.......”

didn’t take off

An exciting player who has gone off the boil , far too good for our joke of a club

Fuck off Roland
  • edited January 2018
    shirty5 said:

“But what I won’t do is sell the player just for money. I’m sticking to my guns on that. I’d need a replacement immediately and then we’ll want to use the money to strengthen the squad.

So you now believe what he said in the car park to a few fans before the Oldham game to be true now?
    No because the players he has mentioned in interviews aren’t those in the car park which tends to back this up.
  • Disagree that he's a different class or he would have left in summer. He's a decent league 1 winger. That's it.

Fosu is easily as good a goalscorer, just needs to add some assists. (different type of goalscorer too obviously)
  • RICKEEEEEEY!!! Don't do it, he ain't worth it!
  • Sponsored links:

• I feel sorry for Robinson, that c*nt Dushitalet has left him with sweet f all to work with, and has also left him to answer to fans on subjects he is not qualified to speak about and has no knowledge of!
    Considering the state of our squad I am amazed we are in the play off hunt still, we don't really have any striking options. Magennis has 5 goals this season, that is fucking pathetic, and the only issue I have with KR is that he hasn't given one of the youngsters a chance as they can't possibly do any worse than him! He's been hampered by injuries and then forced to rush players back which has then resulted in them being forced out for longer!
    Cannot wait till that old, scaly c*nt will do one!
  • tgarrat1 said:

I feel sorry for Robinson, that c*nt Dushitalet has left him with sweet f all to work with, and has also left him to answer to fans on subjects he is not qualified to speak about and has no knowledge of!
    Considering the state of our squad I am amazed we are in the play off hunt still, we don't really have any striking options. Magennis has 5 goals this season, that is fucking pathetic, and the only issue I have with KR is that he hasn't given one of the youngsters a chance as they can't possibly do any worse than him! He's been hampered by injuries and then forced to rush players back which has then resulted in them being forced out for longer!
    Cannot wait till that old, scaly c*nt will do one!

Massively weak in the CF position, and badly affected by injuries - is that bad luck or bad management? - but I doubt Shrewsbury would think our squad was weak elsewhere.
  • tgarrat1 said:

Swap him for Carruthers, apart from scoring the odd screamer he does very little! Runs down blind alleys, and gives the ball away constantly

He’s been shit of late, but he the only one who looks to have a bit of quality and can magic something up.

If he leaves I don’t blame him. And indeed anybody else who wants to go. Charlton are a particularly good place to be at the moment are they?
    When I read the title I thought you were going off to join Holmesdale.net
    I’d rather join ITTV than go there.
    Disagree.

At least Holmesdale.net have a reason to dislike CHARLTON fans.
    Good point.
  • He delights and frustrates in equal measure. When in the mood he's great, but sometimes tries to do too much and beat everyone , when a pass would be the simpler/better option. The other times his delivery is utter crap and he runs down a blind alley.
  • Ricky don't lose that number. For all you Steely Dan fans.
  • tgarrat1 said:

Swap him for Carruthers, apart from scoring the odd screamer he does very little! Runs down blind alleys, and gives the ball away constantly

He’s been shit of late, but he the only one who looks to have a bit of quality and can magic something up.

If he leaves I don’t blame him. And indeed anybody else who wants to go. Charlton are a particularly good place to be at the moment are they?
    When I read the title I thought you were going off to join Holmesdale.net
    I’d rather join ITTV than go there.
    Disagree.

At least Holmesdale.net have a reason to dislike CHARLTON fans.
    they don't care about us, they only hate Brighton
  • Those robbo comments are really interesting. I hope he dogs his heels in and rocky stays. Go on robbo. And come on new owners SAVE US
  • I love the "If he don't wanna be here then F-off" comments. I doubt any of the players want to be here right now, should we let them all F-off?