Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

1232425262729»

Comments

• JaShea99 said:

I didn't understand the reaction towards Holmes at all. Was a great player for us.

I didn’t understand it but it didn’t surprise me given some Charlton fans seem to think the rules is ‘boo any ex player regardless of circumstances’. If anything it devalues the players who actually deserve to be booed. However, the only time I wanted to boo him was when he sarcastically walked off near the end, clapping hands with team mates and taking ages. There was no need for that.
    I thought fair play to him for that. His way of giving our twattish fans who were booing him the finger. I too noticed that he was more concerned about Cullen than acknowledging his side's goal. Class player and that was a class act.
  • I think most people jeered in frustration as no one wanted him to go. Along with it being a niggly game. A game, where most thought we’d win comfortably. Said on the CL podcast, it won’t be plain sailing.

If Ricky picked his wage here, and didn’t put the effort in, I’d understand, but the work rate he put in, important goals scored and assisted was pivotal. If we didn’t have him in the side back then, I think we would have finished in the lower section of L1.

I was frustrated too, with the fouls he won. But as @CAFCTrev said, we didn’t grumble when the shoe was on the other foot, and he won them for us.

Wish Ricky well for rest of season, unless against us of course!
  • JaShea99 said:

the only time I wanted to boo him was when he sarcastically walked off near the end, clapping hands with team mates and taking ages. There was no need for that.

Was he slower than Ben Reeves departure against Barnsley , that was incredible, he moved here, there and everywhere as he left the pitch and all in slow motion!!