Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

Comments

• Options

He was wanted to see what he could do at a higher level, and at the age of 30 you can’t blame him for doing that.

I’d have him back in a heartbeat - I’d certainly have him over the likes of Kaikai and Mavididi.

This
  • Options
    edited April 2018

ross1 said:

COULD FORMER PLAYER BE SET FOR SHOCK RETURN?

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/933246081?-11197:833

What a shit "scoop". The article says nothing more than Holmes hasn't played much since his move. Nothing about wanting to come back, or that he is even unsettled or not liking his time up there.

I might as well write a headline saying that Kermorgant is set to play for France in the World Cup because he scored today for Reading.

utter shite.
    The year Bournemouth went up a few seasons ago I thought he might have had a shout TBF
  • Options
    Don't blame him for leaving, would have him back in a heartbeat
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Pointless article. Just cause he’s not playing, he’s possibly coming back to us? Owned by RD?
  • Options

ross1 said:

What a shit "scoop". The article says nothing more than Holmes hasn't played much since his move. Nothing about wanting to come back, or that he is even unsettled or not liking his time up there.

I might as well write a headline saying that Kermorgant is set to play for France in the World Cup because he scored today for Reading.

utter shite.
    The year Bournemouth went up a few seasons ago I thought he might have had a shout TBF
    You are joking?
  • Options
    Told you guys this would happen. As soon as it was made public he is available, Robinson would do all he can as he would be dribbling at the thought of it.

They’ll now have Holmes and Carruthers, something he wanted for a long time at Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ffs. No expectations at all for this season!
    Not boycotting but just don’t want to go!
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Oh do fuck off, how on earth can we not be in for him?!

Wouldnt be surprised if Sheffield United didnt want him coming here...

We were (rightfully) a pain in the arse in their attempts to buy him last season in the first place

Just reiterates how Robinson is a one trick pony!!... Holmes | Carruthers | Martin | Reeves | Lewington (who trained with us one stage) - Bloke only goes for players he's worked with before (i.e. admitted he'd sign Forster-Caskey if he could when he joined Oxford), next article he'll be telling anyone who'll listen that he was the reason that Dele Alli turned good
  • Options
    Match winner on his day. I’m sure he will score more goals than anyone in our team with I hope the exception of Taylor.
  • Options

Match winner on his day. I’m sure he will score more goals than anyone in our team with I hope the exception of Taylor.

He could probably score more than our team...
  • Options
    Holmes to Oxford will be what Reeves was to us.

Watch this space.
  • Options

Holmes to Oxford will be what Reeves was to us.

Watch this space.

But that's due to Robinson.
  • Options
    Makes it easier playing Oxford now. Their game plan will be all around him under Robinson so take him out and they are neutralised
  • Options
    Or, this just confirms that Oxford will beat us twice this season...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Playing against Oxford for us should be easy. Sit back and be compact, the defence will pass slowly side to side and then get the ball out to Holmes in the hope of doing something. Solly will be able to handle Holmes but it would be worth having Marshall on the right to support him. This crowds out Holmes and Oxford’s threat is neutralised. Hit them quick on the counter and win the game.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

You'd have to pay me a lot to follow Karl Robinson from one club to another

Unless of course you’re someone that he absolutely adores and will put you on such a pedestal that you can’t do no wrong, like he will and has with Holmes.
  • Options
    Have to say, that is a hell of a signing for a club like Oxford.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Have to say, that is a hell of a signing for a club like Oxford.

As things stand, it would be a hell of a signing for us too.
  • Options
    Holmes peaked with us - and that’s not saying much! Although we’re not going far or fast, we need to move on.
  • Options
    He wasn't good enough for Sheffield United.......................now they have come good!
  • Options
    Great signing for them and one we should’ve snapped up - he’d walk into our side with everyone fit, so definitely would now
  • Options
    Sage said:

Playing against Oxford for us should be easy. Sit back and be compact, the defence will pass slowly side to side and then get the ball out to Holmes in the hope of doing something. Solly will be able to handle Holmes but it would be worth having Marshall on the right to support him. This crowds out Holmes and Oxford’s threat is neutralised. Hit them quick on the counter and win the game.

What they did to us last season
  • Options

Sage said:

What they did to us last season
    Well, what most fcking shit sides did to us last season