Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

Comments

• Options

Not in the starting line-up or on the bench tonight.

Injured or has he dropped out of the reckoning already?

Jordan Cousins isnt in the QPR squad he must also be rubbish and should have stayed???

He is a fairly new player for Sheffield United, they have a fairly big squad so will rotate, it doesnt mean he is out of the reckoning already.

Why is everyone so desperate to see him fail.

Lets face it if you was a footballer who was playing for a team you dont support, a team in the league above who are chasing promotion offer you double what you are on you would take it.

He is a Sheffield United player now and as a great man once said Move On
    Bit over the top mate.

I don't blame him going at all - yup I 'do have done the same. But the grass isn't always greener elsewhere and I'm always interested in seeing how our old players get on after leaving us.
  • Options
    Holmes is out injured apparently.
  • Options

Jordan Cousins isnt in the QPR squad he must also be rubbish and should have stayed???

He is a fairly new player for Sheffield United, they have a fairly big squad so will rotate, it doesnt mean he is out of the reckoning already.

Lets face it if you was a footballer who was playing for a team you dont support, a team in the league above who are chasing promotion offer you double what you are on you would take it.

Bit over the top mate.

I don't blame him going at all - yup I 'do have done the same. But the grass isn't always greener elsewhere and I'm always interested in seeing how our old players get on after leaving us.
    That wasnt just aimed at you.

It was aimed at everyone who as soon as he is on the bench or not in the match day squad that posts on this thread to laugh at him.

Funny that when he started no one wrote on here lol.

Apologies if you thought I was digging you.out had a rough day today lol
  • Options
    Dont forget that Jordan Cousins has missed a lot of his QPR career with a few injuries since he left us
  • Options

I don't want to see him fail & I like to see all our ex players do well (apart from Simon Church obviously). However, I do find it strange that he's not in the squad if he's not injured, seeing as he couldn't play last Friday as he was cup tied & so a great chance for squad rotation surely.
  • Options
    But he's injured.
  • Options

I don't want to see him fail & I like to see all our ex players do well (apart from Simon Church obviously). However, I do find it strange that he's not in the squad if he's not injured, seeing as he couldn't play last Friday as he was cup tied & so a great chance for squad rotation surely.
    You really are an odd, odd man.

Why on earth would you wish more ill on Church than someone like Defoe, Parker or Poyet?

Church was shite, I accept that, but he worked hard and tried his best, what more can you ask for? It's not his fault we were broke and couldn't afford a real striker.
    Where is Poyet nowadays?
  • Options
    Cyprus, what a waste of talent.

Greedy bastard got what he deserves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not even one of the top sides either. Plays for Paphos who when i last looked had average crowds of about 1500.
  • Options

Not even one of the top sides either. Plays for Paphos who when i last looked had average crowds of about 1500.
    But not very much. Has started only nine games and been substituted in 5 of those.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    cafcfan said:

But not very much. Has started only nine games and been substituted in 5 of those.
    Blimey, that's a staggeringly large fall from grace.

I was going to say surely he'd get more cash and a better standard of living from it by wandering the lower leagues in the UK... but by the sounds of it even that's a level too high.

What the f*ck happened to him?! It can't just be believing his own hype, and he can't have been fluking the decent performances when he got the first team in the Championship.
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

cafcfan said:

I was going to say surely he'd get more cash and a better standard of living from it by wandering the lower leagues in the UK... but by the sounds of it even that's a level too high.

What the f*ck happened to him?! It can't just be believing his own hype, and he can't have been fluking the decent performances when he got the first team in the Championship.
    Agree. Too much there for it to have been a fluke. Yes his role was fairly limited in what he did, sitting in front of the defence breaking up attacks and keeping us ticking. But he did it so well for too long for it to have been chance.

Maybe the hype around him made us believe he was a bit better than he actually was. But there was something there.

It's possibly a question of whether his heart is really in it. Playing sport at the highest level is a huge commitment and impacts your lifestyle massively. If your heart isn't really in it it's easy to be left behind.
    Tony Watt, anyone?
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

cafcfan said:

Agree. Too much there for it to have been a fluke. Yes his role was fairly limited in what he did, sitting in front of the defence breaking up attacks and keeping us ticking. But he did it so well for too long for it to have been chance.

Maybe the hype around him made us believe he was a bit better than he actually was. But there was something there.

It's possibly a question of whether his heart is really in it. Playing sport at the highest level is a huge commitment and impacts your lifestyle massively. If your heart isn't really in it it's easy to be left behind.
    An important role though, and every team needs a player like that

I'm staggered at his decline, especially as it hasn't been caused by injuries. Scraping around for not much money in Cyprus, it must be hard to keep the motivation up.
  • Options
    Also pretty surprised that he had to head out there, could probably earn more turning out in the National league, and i'm sure that turnip at Billericay wouldn't mind paying him 2-3k a week.
  • Options

You really are an odd, odd man.

Why on earth would you wish more ill on Church than someone like Defoe, Parker or Poyet?

Church was shite, I accept that, but he worked hard and tried his best, what more can you ask for? It's not his fault we were broke and couldn't afford a real striker.
    scrolled past this to comment in anger... glad someone else felt exactly the same!
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

cafcfan said:

I think it is your lifestyle massively.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah I was going to say...Poyet's got what he deserves, living and working in one of the best cities in Europe :D
  • Options

Also pretty surprised that he had to head out there, could probably earn more turning out in the National league, and i'm sure that turnip at Billericay wouldn't mind paying him 2-3k a week.

got a mate thats a ref reckons there wage bill is 25-27k a week.
  • Options
    Haha...poyet must be loving it! Paid off by West Ham, set up for life financially, living in sunny Cyprus and occasionally kicking a football around. Where did it all go wrong?
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:

Haha...poyet must be loving it! Paid off by West Ham, set up for life financially, living in sunny Cyprus and occasionally kicking a football around. Where did it all go wrong?

Leaving Charlton.
  • Options

COULD FORMER PLAYER BE SET FOR SHOCK RETURN?

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/933246081?-11197:833
  • Options
    Not even on the bench today.

"Too good for league one" "Would walk into any Championship side"

Lol
  • Options
    Did'nt want to be here, got his"big move", deserves to stay up north.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    He got what he wanted and even if he could slightly help us, I don't want him back. Once you ask to leave and do, I no longer really care about that player.