Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton and Graffiti

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
I'm sure i'm not the only one who gets disgusted whenever they seat grafitti spoiling walls and buildings etc. I'm a decent citizen and would never dream of doing it myself, and can't understand the logic.

So why is it i still feel slightly proud if i see some Charlton grafitti anywhere ?

Regular one for me used to be C.A.F.C that for years stood on a wall as a train entered London Bridge between platform 1 and 2. The toilet of the Old Black in Sidcup is littered with Charlton stuff and i've even seen it in the bogs of a greek airport.

Am i the only one that ever gets some crazy sense of pride when you see Charlton scribbled somewhere it shouldn't ?

Comments

• Options
    I've seen some 'B Mob' graffiti engraved on the back of a toilet door at the Inner London Crown Court.
  • Options
    Years and years of being unfashionable make you appreciate any sort of recognition even if it is something you ordinarially would disapprove of.
  • Options
    I am the same I hate grafitti, but when it comes to CAFC grafitti I feel totally different.........

When I was about 12, I put Dave of CAFC on a wall near to where I used to live. My Mum walked past recognised the handwriting - she not only made me clean my bit but also had me washing the whole wall ................ever tried getting paint off a wall with soap and a nail brush?
  • Options
    The bogs of various Bromley pubs would have CPFC in box writing etched into the doors and walls so would sit there and scratch the P into an A.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]I am the same I hate grafitti, but when it comes to CAFC grafitti I feel totally different.........

When I was about 12, I put Dave of CAFC on a wall near to where I used to live. My Mum walked past recognised the handwriting - she not only made me clean my bit but also had me washing the whole wall ................ever tried getting paint off a wall with soap and a nail brush?

LOL Imaginative tagging that !
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]I am the same I hate grafitti, but when it comes to CAFC grafitti I feel totally different.........

hahahah thats is quality ! I put LEE OV CAFC so my mum would never suss ....
  • Options
    Wasn't there a CAFC on a fence in "Only Fools and Horses"? Rodney either chasing someone and more likely being chased.
  • Options
    Seen CAFC in bogs like

Hungry Horse - Near Herne Bay
    Low Life Bar near Baker St
    Prince Regent Marylebone High St
    ETC
  • Options
    After Spurs away last year a pub khazi in the West End suddenly got covered in Charlton graffiti - drawings of the club badge and everything by all accounts.

Nothing to do with me of course, but I have it on good authority that a couple of posters from on here were involved.

Childish, yes - but possibly understandable in the circumstances.
  • Options
    Ive even seen it in a boozer in Crewe!! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I promise that this is a true story.

I had a call from a client of the firm I consult for a couple of weeks ago, She owns a Caravan permanently sited down in the Medway Area. Now she paid about £5K for said caravan some years ago and has used it fairly regularly for weekends away etc in the interim.

During the winter the Caravan got graffiti'd big time and coincedentially another 'van on the site is owned by someone connected to the Saachi's. This other person photgraphed it on their 'phone and sent it to the Saatchis who decided that the Graffiti was of such a quality that the 'Van itself was a work of urban art and could they buy it for £100,000.

Needless to say the owner bit their arm off but what are the tax consequences?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Wasn't there a CAFC on a fence in "Only Fools and Horses"? Rodney either chasing someone and more likely being chased.[/quote]

Yes there was, well remembered GA! The 'Batman and Robin' episode where Rodney chases and then is chased by the mugger. Also I think underneath the 'CAFC' tag it is written 'Millwall suck'.
  • Options
    Agree, grafitti disgusts me but a CAFC sprawled somewhere always brings a smile to my face. Is that London Bridge station daub still there?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite] Is that London Bridge station daub still there?

No, got repainted last year. RIP

Must of been there for a good ten years.
  • Options
    "Big Dave's Gusset" on the wall in a yard between London Bridge and Waterloo East always brings a smile to my face of a morning.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    forgot that pub in Blackburn as well, also the bogs at Millwall
  • Options
    Went to Norwich on a cricket tour August 2005. The pub by the river was still covered in CAFC graffiti. The Crown in Blackheath as well.
  • Options
    there is a charlton badge on a wall as you enter woolwich from charlton.

everyone loves charlton graffiti, especially since there is soo much millwall graffiti around
  • Options
    The bogs in the Denmark Arms, Barking Road are covered in 'CAFC' and 'South London' graffiti somehow!
  • Options
    was CAFC outside Fenchurch St station for years and also "mark/John Charlton FC " on Falconwood station, There is a BMob one thats still there as you pull into Victoria station.

Lewisham clock tower had CAFC on it for donkeys years which hopefully pissed off the Bermondsey Pikeys.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not proud of it but I spent a hell of a lot of my miss spent youth daubing graffiti across our great capital, regularly tagging and spraying along the train lines in the dead of night, meeting some great artists and friends I still have now, lost a couple of pals to who had accidents with trains and big falls from buildings ,

I loved the thrill , the buzz and the friendship
  • Options
    I promise that this is a true story.

I had a call from a client of the firm I consult for a couple of weeks ago, She owns a Caravan permanently sited down in the Medway Area. Now she paid about £5K for said caravan some years ago and has used it fairly regularly for weekends away etc in the interim.

During the winter the Caravan got graffiti'd big time and coincedentially another 'van on the site is owned by someone connected to the Saachi's. This other person photgraphed it on their 'phone and sent it to the Saatchis who decided that the Graffiti was of such a quality that the 'Van itself was a work of urban art and could they buy it for £100,000.

Needless to say the owner bit their arm off but what are the tax consequences?
    Is this it?
    http://www.saatchionline.com/art/Photography-Digital-Caravan/53147/1206311/view
  • Options
    The bogs in the Denmark Arms, Barking Road are covered in 'CAFC' and 'South London' graffiti somehow!
    Jeez, what were you doing in the Denmark? That used to be my local and was rough as houses back then.

• Options
    I've always chuckled at the good old cxxk n balls as long as it has the obligatory three spurts. . . . . . . . .
  • Options
    Jeez, what were you doing in the Denmark? That used to be my local and was rough as houses back then.

Was working round there with someone who uses it. Was a lunchtime but didn't seem all that rough.

• Options
    well it starts off with some harmless graffitti, that then moves onto muggin people, then drugs, then drug dealing, then pimping out prostitutes, then gang rape, then murder ect ect... SAY NO TO GRAFFITTI (or how ever you spill it)... clean streets for decent peeps!

CAFC4EVA.
  • Options
    ^ is that sarcastic?! come on... how can you possibly equate spraying paint onto a wall with violent or organised crime?!

must be a joke, i've fallen for it.
  • Options
    Of course it is.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    ^ is that sarcastic?! come on... how can you possibly equate spraying paint onto a wall with violent or organised crime?!

must be a joke, i've fallen for it.
    Adolph Hitler was a well known Graffiti artist in Germany back in 1910 , so you better believe it...

• Options
    The only graffiti I have ever liked was in Monty Python's Life of Brian.