Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ex Rangers Boss Heads Consortium

2»

Comments

  • Will Bucky be the drink of choice?

    You probably have to either live in Devon or Scotland to appreciate this one...
  • DA9DA9
    edited January 10
    >A mate of mine is a retired City type who is Celtic through and through and was part of the team which helped to expose the Rangers financial irregularities. (Great way for a fan to actively damage your rivals :-) ) Just asked him what he knows about Donald Muir (with McLeish), here is his answer:

    Both are same age, come from Barrhead, went to the same school, played football together.
    Donald is a highly competent qualified accountant, not sure if he is chartered or certified, but he was brought in by lloyds to sort out the shambles at rangers and did a great job. He got debts down and costs under control.
    He is a good businessman who lived in Canada for a number of years. He is a good guy, was a goalkeeper and I played football with him.
    A shrewd businessman who is not scared to take tough decisions.
    you need to re-evaluate your friends :-)
  • DA9 said:

    >A mate of mine is a retired City type who is Celtic through and through and was part of the team which helped to expose the Rangers financial irregularities. (Great way for a fan to actively damage your rivals :-) ) Just asked him what he knows about Donald Muir (with McLeish), here is his answer:

    Both are same age, come from Barrhead, went to the same school, played football together.
    Donald is a highly competent qualified accountant, not sure if he is chartered or certified, but he was brought in by lloyds to sort out the shambles at rangers and did a great job. He got debts down and costs under control.
    He is a good businessman who lived in Canada for a number of years. He is a good guy, was a goalkeeper and I played football with him.
    A shrewd businessman who is not scared to take tough decisions.
    you need to re-evaluate your friends :-)

    Wrong thread - and I am not posting on that thread :-)

  • Happy with haggis. Bag pipes are a stretch too far though.
  • Fried mars bars at half-time.
  • In two minds, hate Rangers with a passion but anything is better that the idiot we have now.
  • edited January 10
    Hopefully Donald Muir is involved.We can scrap The Red Red Robin and run out to this......

  • edited January 10
    Redrobo said:

    Happy with haggis. Bag pipes are a stretch too far though.

    How about playing Valley Floyd Road in the centre circle on Roland’s departure day.
  • I wouldn't read too much into Ranger's fans bile for Muir. They would obviously hate anyone putting the brakes on their out-of-control spending and trying to stop the club teetering over the brink, going into Administration and being relegated several divisions. Shame he's not still involved with the Gers because they are heading back for more of the same due to poor financial management.

    True enough, though after Duchatelet I'm going to treat the new owners with caution until it's very clear what their intentions and goals are, and whether they can be seen to be actively pursuing those goals. I'm sure whoever takes over will tell us exactly what we want to hear, but only over time will we get a picture as to their real motivation for buying the club.
  • Sponsored links:


  • RedMist said:

    Will Bucky be the drink of choice?

    You probably have to either live in Devon or Scotland to appreciate this one...

    buckie bombs all round when the takeover goes through!

    image
    I hope you signed the Irn Brew petition then.
  • Feels like if it is them, they may possibly be the front men for other money in the same way Cash had the money behind Jiminez and Slater. One the football expert and one the financial expert.
  • Down to 2 serious bidders

    Will it be Red bull with vodka
    Or Irn brew and whisky
  • Stig said:

    RedMist said:

    Will Bucky be the drink of choice?

    You probably have to either live in Devon or Scotland to appreciate this one...

    buckie bombs all round when the takeover goes through!

    image
    I hope you signed the Irn Brew petition then.
    I did indeed
  • Redrobo said:

    Happy with haggis. Bag pipes are a stretch too far though.

    How about playing Valley Floyd Road in the centre circle on Roland’s departure day.
    No.

    Nothing worse on the ears. Hate that song as well.
  • I love haggis in irn bru this is a win win for me.
  • As long as Mark McGee is nowhere remotely near becoming our manager, I shall retain an open mind....
  • Redrobo said:



    Redrobo said:

    Happy with haggis. Bag pipes are a stretch too far though.

    How about playing Valley Floyd Road in the centre circle on Roland’s departure day.
    No.

    Nothing worse on the ears. Hate that song as well.
    There’s nothing wrong with pipes, or haggis, whisky, tartan, Irn Bru, heather, kilts, midges - or indeed anything Scottish.

    (I play the Clan Munro card when required)

  • msomerton said:

    May be it is a way for Rangers to get an EFL licence, then move us to Glasgow as Charlton rangers, this is how probable this speculation is.

    I'd still go home and away....
    Home would be away.
  • bobmunro said:

    Redrobo said:



    Redrobo said:

    Happy with haggis. Bag pipes are a stretch too far though.

    How about playing Valley Floyd Road in the centre circle on Roland’s departure day.
    No.

    Nothing worse on the ears. Hate that song as well.
    There’s nothing wrong with pipes, or haggis, whisky, tartan, Irn Bru, heather, kilts, midges - or indeed anything Scottish.

    (I play the Clan Munro card when required)

    I have already said I like haggis, scotch is good.

    There is nothing wrong with pipes as long as they are on fire or part of plumbing. Played they are awful.

    I know a lady named Heather and she is lovely, but I assume you are talking about the weed travelers sell? Fine. Tartan? Old fashioned and not something I would like in my house. That said, the dogs blanket is tartan. Kilts? A bit of fun along the lines of Morris dancing. Keeps heritage going and so also a good thing. Midges? Are they the small red headed girls that do blow Jobs? Very good.
  • Sponsored links:


  • They will never be able to play the Red red robin tune with them Bagpipes you know!

  • edited January 10
    E=mc2 said:

    They will never be able to play the Red red robin tune with them Bagpipes you know!

    Just tried finding a version and you’re right no such luck, but you could get this

  • Have I just time-travelled back to the 70s?
  • Have I just time-travelled back to the 70s?

    Look in your wardrobe ;0)

  • Have I just time-travelled back to the 70s?

    Look in your wardrobe ;0)

    Oi, Oi SHG, tell us more :wink:
  • edited January 10

    Have I just time-travelled back to the 70s?

    You're probably too young to remember The Bay City Rollers @Weegie Addick :wink:
    image
  • How long until we protest in Scotland?
  • How long until we protest in Scotland?

    I've being doing a thorough recce.
  • We've not sold him as well have we?

    Henry will be devastated.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!