Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CHECKATRADE TROPHY | Charlton v Oxford United - MATCH THREAD

1101112131416»

Comments

• JamesSeed said:

CAFCTrev said:

Fumbluff said:

Who was our last penalty taker we could rely on?

Ricky Holmes last penalty (Peterborough) was a bit special. Couldn't he have come on and taken one?

PS No post match views thread?
    He was an unused sub.

• JamesSeed said:

CAFCTrev said:

Fumbluff said:

Ricky Holmes last penalty (Peterborough) was a bit special. Couldn't he have come on and taken one?

He was an unused sub.
    I would have popped him on for the last 5 mins so he could take one, unless all subs used.

Just watched post match press conference and I think KR said it was the first time in his career that he'd played three at the back.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

CAFCTrev said:

Fumbluff said:

He was an unused sub.
    I would have popped him on for the last 5 mins so he could take one, unless all subs used.

Just watched post match press conference and I think KR said it was the first time in his career that he'd played three at the back.
    It actually worked pretty well, hopefully he'll now have a bit more faith in playing more than one formation.
  • se9addick said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

CAFCTrev said:

Fumbluff said:

He was an unused sub.

It actually worked pretty well, hopefully he'll now have a bit more faith in playing more than one formation.
    He pointed out the system's weaknesses in the presser unfortunately.
  • Who was our last penalty taker we could rely on? Buyens?

We had a season in the Champs when we had a 100 per cent penalty ratio...

Yoni Buyens scored every pen given to us. Henderson saved all the 2/3 pens given against us.
  • Buyens made it look easy-as soon as the keeper made a move he put it the other side. We got loads of penalties that season too....
  • JamesSeed said:

se9addick said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

CAFCTrev said:

Fumbluff said:

He was an unused sub.

He pointed out the system's weaknesses in the presser unfortunately.
    He played 3 at the back as he only had one fit centre half so it was a largely enforced change of system and hardly a seismic shift in his thinking. I find it unbelievable that he has never used it before and only had a day to work on it in training. Surely you have to train using different shapes/systems during a season and have some degree of flexibility in your approach to matches? It explains why we only seem to employee Plan A.

As for highlighting the weaknesses of 3 at the back perhaps he could spend some time analysing the problems with his preferred 4-2-3-1 and make that work more effectively.........
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

CAFCTrev said:

Fumbluff said:

He was an unused sub.

All the subs had been used- Reeco for KAG, Mavididi for Josh and Lappo for Kashi.
  • Is it a coincidence, that when Holmes was playing well, he was getting booked regularly, now he isn't playing so well, no bookings. Does that mean he is not as interested as before?
  • edited January 2018
    ross1 said:

Is it a coincidence, that when Holmes was playing well, he was getting booked regularly, now he isn't playing so well, no bookings. Does that mean he is not as interested as before?

100% I would be surprised if many regular match go-ers believe for a minute that many of this squad are playing for the club or the manager.

We are where we are, the supporters heads have dropped, the players heads have dropped, the managers head has dropped and still Roland Duchatalet clings on grimly to the belief that he can recover every last schekle.

Until the mad old bastard has gone for good I just cant see many positives sadly.
  • Sponsored links:

• SE7toSG3 said:

ross1 said:

Is it a coincidence, that when Holmes was playing well, he was getting booked regularly, now he isn't playing so well, no bookings. Does that mean he is not as interested as before?

100% I would be surprised if many regular match go-ers believe for a minute that many of this squad are playing for the club or the manager.

We are where we are, the supporters heads have dropped, the players heads have dropped, the managers head has dropped and still Roland Duchatalet clings on grimly to the belief that he can recover every last schekle.

Until the mad old bastard has gone for good I just cant see many positives sadly.
    Agreed. But it amazing what a couple of wins will do

Not sure where we’ll find ‘em though.....