Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool Away 27/01/2018 - Roll Call?

Comments

• Was going then realised it would probably be called off, so changed my mind.... What about fulham new years day i think in the mid to late 70's. I am sure the game got called off just as our coach pulled up at the ground.
  • Safe journey home and those staying have a great cold windy night out.
  • edited January 2018

Anyone remember port vale away in the 70s.
    Almost reached the ground before game was called off.
    Quite an eventful afternoon.

That was late 80's wasn't it ? (unless it also happened in the 70's).
    Or did the 80's game go ahead in monsoon conditions ? I remember going to the pub by the ground, but can't remember if a game broke out :smile:
  • Anyone remember port vale away in the 70s.

Or did the 80's game go ahead in monsoon conditions ? I remember going to the pub by the ground, but can't remember if a game broke out :smile:
    Definitely 70’s

1745/5,season -think we lose the game when it was played - but got promoted that season -Had some great away days that season -Anyone remember Brighton away - not quite how sure how that game finished as was like a swimming pool at the end -Happy days

1745/5,season -think we lose the game when it was played - but got promoted that season -Had some great away days that season -Anyone remember Brighton away - not quite how sure how that game finished as was like a swimming pool at the end -Happy days
    70’s were a great time for awaydays.
  • stonemuse said:

Anyone remember port vale away in the 70s.

70’s were a great time for awaydays.
    Certainly were.
  • Got all the way to Rochdale’s ground in 2011 and it was called off.
  • I was at the Port Vale postponed game in the 70s & also arriving at Bolton to find it was off (late sixties I think).
  • Sponsored links:

• Well that was a tad annoying... in sports bar playing pool not far from ground and saw was called off. Not end of world but was hoping might be played today.

To top it off me and mate stayed drinking until after spurs match.. went ate and then to check in. Was going to have 30 mins-1hour nap as i was up 6am and left 630. Bad call that as mates alarm didnt go off as on silent so woke up around 1030-1045pm knackered and djdnt bother going out. What a bollocks wekened lol good job i won some money poker friday night round another mates which paid for weekend.
  • Well that was a tad annoying... in sports bar playing pool not far from ground and saw was called off. Not end of world but was hoping might be played today.

To top it off me and mate stayed drinking until after spurs match.. went ate and then to check in. Was going to have 30 mins-1hour nap as i was up 6am and left 630. Bad call that as mates alarm didnt go off as on silent so woke up around 1030-1045pm knackered and djdnt bother going out. What a bollocks wekened lol good job i won some money poker friday night round another mates which paid for weekend.

Asleep is the only way to enjoy Blackpool.
  • I'm going to be in the North West next week for work so will be going to the game on Tuesday night, am I going to be on my own? who else is going?
  • The Fanackapans and dear friend, Marilyn will be on the 13.30 out of Euston & overnighting again in the Travelodge opposite the ground.
  • Wasn't going originally but I am now. For my sins I'll be in the director's box!
  • johnny73 said:

Wasn't going originally but I am now. For my sins I'll be in the director's box!

OOOH !

Do please elaborate !
  • Ordered tickets today. A tentative booking in the travel lodge but this might change to the premier inn. Not sure yet what time train up t'north
  • johnny73 said:

Wasn't going originally but I am now. For my sins I'll be in the director's box!

OOOH !

Do please elaborate !
    Not complicated. I know someone who knows the Oystons. I'd like to think I have higher morals than to take a freebie but I don't get to see CAFC often and they have heated seats!
  • All being well I should be there too.
  • johnny73 said:

See if you can glean any info on the takeover.
  • Sponsored links:

Lewis Coaches arrived at the ground JUST AFTER GAME WAS CALLED OFF. Eddies coach went onto to villa park to watch villas cup game against Sheff Utd villa won 5-1 AND ABOUT 30 OF US STOOD IN THE HOLT END WITH THE RED AND WHITE SINGING FOR VILLA.

Lewis Coaches arrived at the ground JUST AFTER GAME WAS CALLED OFF. Eddies coach went onto to villa park to watch villas cup game against Sheff Utd villa won 5-1 AND ABOUT 30 OF US STOOD IN THE HOLT END WITH THE RED AND WHITE SINGING FOR VILLA.
    Mental times.
    But I loved every minute.
  • Yeah hotel booked for this
  • I’m on expenses so booked the hotel at the ground, anyone stayed there?

No but booked that one as well.

Share a room, cut down on the costs.

This is a football forum not a dating website. )

This is a football forum not a dating website. )
    Aha, I wondered where I had been going wrong.
  • Darn it, i was going to change the thread title to show the re-arranged date. Sorry no can do, also wont be going either shame. Maybe next year when we dont go up :neutral:
  • Desperately trying to schedule a client meeting in Manchester for Tuesday so that I have a reason to be up North and can get most of the train fare on expenses...

Will either stay in Blackpool or in Manchester as have to go back via Manc

Might reconsider if Peterborough beat us :)