Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool Away 27/01/2018 - Roll Call?

Comments

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

Have you spoken to them @CARD

What is the point if he is selling? by all means help with their battle but hopefully ours is nearly over. I probably wont bother personally
  • Options
    edited January 2018

J BLOCK said:

What is the point if he is selling? by all means help with their battle but hopefully ours is nearly over. I probably wont bother personally
    He’s not selling though is, not realistically anyway. 55m for a league one club will never be sold.

I’ll be there.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

He’s not selling though is, not realistically anyway. 55m for a league one club will never be sold.

I’ll be there.
    Has there been any major news to doubt he is selling now then? sorry i dont follow the takeover thread eg.will he/wont he? if it has fallen through again then i am more then happy to go along and help protest, not that i have done previously but he is a disease and needs to be gone.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

I’ll be there.
    Has there been any major news to doubt he is selling now then? sorry i dont follow the takeover thread eg.will he/wont he? if it has fallen through again then i am more then happy to go along and help protest, not that i have done previously but he is a disease and needs to be gone.
    Yep Red Henry has confirmed that Roland wants circa 55million and the highest bidder is offering half of that at most. Looks to be a stalemate until Roland wakes up.

See you on the seafront!
  • Options
    Hi Guys. safe trip up for all that are travelling and I can recommend The Pump. There looks likely to be a protest at the ground so if you can, please support or at least say hello to our lot outside. Inside, we ask that you do not spend anything. Get your food and drinks from local shops etc. It's gonna be like a morgue but I hope you still enjoy your trip to the seaside.
  • Options

Hi Guys. safe trip up for all that are travelling and I can recommend The Pump. There looks likely to be a protest at the ground so if you can, please support or at least say hello to our lot outside. Inside, we ask that you do not spend anything. Get your food and drinks from local shops etc. It's gonna be like a morgue but I hope you still enjoy your trip to the seaside.

I’ll be in the pump with a couple of ex BFC season ticket holders - see you in there
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

I’ll be there.
    Yep Red Henry has confirmed that Roland wants circa 55million and the highest bidder is offering half of that at most. Looks to be a stalemate until Roland wakes up.

See you on the seafront!
    Confirmed......yeh right.
  • Options
    Went there 25th March 1981the year we got promoted from League 3 back to League 2, we won 2-0 (Walsh & Robinson I think), my mate heavily abused Colin Powell that night ( we were very, very drunk) as he took a corner, we scored so Powell turned round and returned the abuse, however the ref disallowed the goal, bloody hilarious. Many years later my mate got married & Powell was a guest (him the groundsman & my mate the match day Electrician) we raised a few glasses to that incident. Anyway back to the thread - To all that go enjoy Blackpool although a total ***thole is a great day out.
  • Options
    Shrew said:

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

I’ll be there.

See you on the seafront!
    Proven ITK sources Red Henry and Airman have both said this - I believe them.

Let’s pretend things are all rosy aye ?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    J BLOCK said:

Shrew said:

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

I’ll be there.

See you on the seafront!
    Proven ITK sources Red Henry and Airman have both said this - I believe them.

Let’s pretend things are all rosy aye ?
    Everything is far from rosy its a pile of absolute fucking crap. We have never had any control over the length and cost of takeovers and unless we as supporters are actually getting a bid together never will. I'm just as frustrated a everyone else on here but apart from whispers that are sometimes right and sometimes way off the mark, no-one knows what is really going on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did I mention that I went to Blackpool in 72.
  • Options

Did I mention that I went to Blackpool in 72.

1872?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

I’ll be there.

See you on the seafront!
    Thanks J Block, i haven't seen anything so didnt realise. Yep always trust Redhenry, so bad news then. What a complete douchebag! i shall try to come along, What time? whos bringing the drinks lol was going to find a local watering hole to have a few bevvies but needs must.
  • Options
    I hope that protesters from both teams can put it all aside on Saturday, as it's been announced today that Jimmy Armfield, Blackpool legend, has died...
  • Options
    Sad news indeed regarding Jimmy Armfield but fans can still protest respectfully. The mood will dictate and personally doubt Blackpool fans will want to do anything other than pay respects to JA which may mean they call off the protests.
  • Options
    It will be a poignant occasion, of that there is no doubt. It would be great if any or all Blackpool boycotters, put their feelings aside to get a great roaring crowd at the game...
  • Options
    They are discussing whether to pay respects inside or outside the ground in the context of the boycott and ongoing protests. Seems a statement from Blackpool supporters trust is expected by some.
    https://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=2904141
  • Options
    I'd like to think that our club will organise a floral tribute to this special man , for presentation in the centre circle before kick off or indeed outside the ground if there'll be a place dedicated to him memory.
  • Options

I'd like to think that our club will organise a floral tribute to this special man , for presentation in the centre circle before kick off or indeed outside the ground if there'll be a place dedicated to him memory.

There is a statue of him outside the ground, which seems the perfect spot.

Those Blackpool fans that are boycotting games are already discussing congregating there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be there with my son and grandson, who live up that way. He tells me that these days Bloomfield Road is even more boycotted by home fans than the Valley and a lot of Blackpool supporters prefer to watch AFC Fylde, who have a lovely stadium on the road to Preston and are doing pretty well in their first season in the National League. The Blackpool team seem to be in disarray at the moment so I'm hoping for a convincing victory by the rejuvenated Addicks. On the other hand, of course, it is Charlton we're talking about!
  • Options
    I was hoping someone going to Blackpool could help me out. Would anyone be able to get me programme for the Blackpool match on Saturday. Payment foe programme will be happily provided.
  • Options
    Believe proceeds from the game will now go to a local hospice. Does anyone know if this applies for away tickets? Would CAFC get a share of the money? Would be good to know as I’m going with three Blackpool boycotters who would rather give money to the hospice and sit in the home end, but will sit with Charlton if it’s all the same
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    5 of us going to this, will be a moving day with news of Jimmy Armfield's sad passing, gound no 70 for me, shame what has happened to both great clubs in the last few years.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Wonder what sort of turnout we will get this week, looking forward to it more now that our form has picked up and a new signing. Lets hope we can make a good day of it and get the 3 points!
  • Options
    Sark99 said:

I was hoping someone going to Blackpool could help me out. Would anyone be able to get me programme for the Blackpool match on Saturday. Payment foe programme will be happily provided.

Happy to get you a programme and post it @Sark99. I'm looking forward to celebrating my birthday in Blackpool, leaving some flowers in memory of Jimmy and hopefully three more glorious points.
  • Options
    Shrew, thanks for that I have in boxed you.
  • Options
    So whats everyones plan? Protest or no protest? I would ideally be going to find a pub around 12 and after to watch spurs game as mate follows them. I dont feel its going to be a big following this maybe 300ish ? Cant remember how many we took to fleetwood but seemed around 800 so would be good if we can do similar as they wont have many more themselves. Going to be good atmosphere lots of room :)
  • Options

So whats everyones plan? Protest or no protest? I would ideally be going to find a pub around 12 and after to watch spurs game as mate follows them. I dont feel its going to be a big following this maybe 300ish ? Cant remember how many we took to fleetwood but seemed around 800 so would be good if we can do similar as they wont have many more themselves. Going to be good atmosphere lots of room :)

Just off the phone to the Blackpool protest group, they have decided not to protest given the death of Jimmy Armfield, though the Oyston's have promised that gate receipts will be passed onto the hospice that cared for Jimmy, it is ambiguous how much and does not include away fan tickets, just home walk ups only.

The group are confident that many will not be breaking their boycott but instead donating the full ticket price to the hospice direct, so they do not inspect more than a couple of thousand home fans in the ground.

In addition the supporters are holding their own short commemoration at the Jimmy Armfield Statue on the corner of Bloomfield Road/Seasiders way at 1430, this is neither a club event or a protest but an informal gathering/silence and hope that as many travelling Addick's can join them for this.

With regards to pre-match drinks the Old Bridge is an away fans pub just 3 mins from the ground and just up from the statue head north down Lytham Road (just off of Bloomfield Road), also for a mixed home/away fans pub try the Albert head south down the Lytham Road (just off Bloomfield Road) around 7 mins from the ground.

Hope that's helpful @Rock Spectacle may have more advice re the nearby pubs.