Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lawrie Wilson signs for Ebbsfleet

13»

Comments

• Options

jams said:

at the risk of contributing absolutely nothing to the thread topic i met joe piggott in a nightclub once

I went to school with his missus. She’s bangin’
    Finish the sentence for gawds sake. If you know who she's " bangin' " the least you could do is to let Joe know.

Its Either John Terry or Alan Pardew
  • Options
    Good article thanks for the link. Good guy Lawrie and says stick with Bows to the end of the season and let him rebuild. Agreed 
  • Options
    Wilson, like Bradley Pritchard, is another player who seemed comfortable in the Championship yet has plunged down the divisions since he left us, and not due to injury either (as with Solly)

At 33 he's only a few months older than Michael Morrison who's still playing well in the Championship whereas Wilson is now at Billericay in NLS
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Wilson, like Bradley Pritchard, is another player who seemed comfortable in the Championship yet has plunged down the divisions since he left us, and not due to injury either (as with Solly)

At 33 he's only a few months older than Michael Morrison who's still playing well in the Championship whereas Wilson is now at Billericay in NLS
    Puts the final nail in the coffin of the argument that Powell wasn’t getting the best out of his players at the time.
  • Options

“You’re kind of backed up a little bit and thinking ‘hang on a second, what’s going on here?’ Certain things that you’re being told by the management team that you can’t play on Saturday because they’ve been told by the owners that this person has to play and this person has to play.

“Suddenly you’re there thinking ‘hang on a second, I’ve trained really hard and playing really well at the moment, but I can’t play because a person that hasn’t even watched any games or training is picking the team? So that’s where it becomes disappointing and which sometimes becomes challenging on the pitch.”

• Options
    I shot a game against Billericay for my YouTube channel, and only realised Wilson was playing when I was editing it a month later! The handball incident was a big deal but I had no idea it was him which is ridiculous. Anyway, if you want to see a bit of Lawrie, he's in this episode... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ID2MuqRjx4&t=709s
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Maybe memory playing tricks, but LW plays guitar doesn’t he?

…Just saying 👍🏻

*Edit: think I imagined it!