Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Half and Half Ski Hats

Comments

• Options
    Looks like it might be time for a new batch of the Rangers hats...
  • Options
    25May98 said:

I've got a red one with the union flag on it.
    Happy to donate to the museum.

Edit- Bought this at Selhurst late 80's.

Much appreciated. @25May98
    YTS1978 said:

@Henry Irving I've located the Brazil hat, so will pop it in the post for you

That's great @YTS1978 really appreciate it
  • Options

DanDavis said:

There was definitely a Charlton/Hearts one.....I remember the white & maroon clearly.

I used to have the Charlton/Celtic one, remember buying it in the club shop at Selhurst near the Sainsburys end.

I would punch a child to get hold of that hat!
    So if I had one for sale?
    I would buy him and punch him if it meant I got the hat

seriously though, if you have a Hearts/Charlton one, how much do you want for it?
    I'm gonna outbid you by a pound and send you a video of it going in the bin.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I have a Charlton / Dundee Utd one somewhere

As an aside I remember a QPR away game in the late 80's where a load of Charlton supporting Dundee FC fans turned up and caused a bit of aggro with the coppers in the away terrace - nicked a police helmet off a copper and it went off from there - most of them got chucked out

Glad I didn't have the half and half Dundee Utd hat on for that match !!!
  • Options

As an aside I remember a QPR away game in the late 80's where a load of Charlton supporting Dundee FC fans turned up and caused a bit of aggro with the coppers in the away terrace - nicked a police helmet off a copper and it went off from there - most of them got chucked out

We need to see at least a photo @Lordflashheart
  • Options

We need to see at least a photo @Lordflashheart
    I'll try and find it - Mrs Flashheart is moaning on about clearing out the loft, so it will provide a reason to go up there - it's not going to be instant thou I'm afraid
  • Options
    25May98 said:

The hat on the cat in the avatar was bought around that time. In fact it might even have been taken home in this bag

• Options

It also kicked off at the tube station after the game, seem to remember CS gas being involved.
  • Options

I did see one destroyed at Watford one year, but that was by the Dundee (not United) lads who took it off a fans head and ripped off the United half before stomping on it on the terrace!

I remember it well, I actually took it from the poor lads head, we did replace it with a Dundee ski hat, there were never half and half Charlton Dundee hats though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    densderry said:

I did see one destroyed at Watford one year, but that was by the Dundee (not United) lads who took it off a fans head and ripped off the United half before stomping on it on the terrace!

I remember it well, I actually took it from the poor lads head, we did replace it with a Dundee ski hat, there were never half and half Charlton Dundee hats though.

You are correct - people are saying Dundee when they mean Dundee Utd - much to your disgust I am sure ;-)
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

25May98 said:

The hat on the cat in the avatar was bought around that time. In fact it might even have been taken home in this bag

I remember those bags now. Probably have a couple in my Mum's loft. Unwittingly lining the pockets of Ron Noades back in the day. Where was CL to recommend a clubshop boycott?
  • Options

densderry said:

You are correct - people are saying Dundee when they mean Dundee Utd - much to your disgust I am sure ;-)

Correct, a bit like saying Crystal Palace when you mean Charlton Athletic,

• Options
    Wow!!! Thank you Henry.

I'll look forward to seeing it in the museum some time soon. Hopefully along with some other half and half hats.

• Options
    25May98 said:

Wow!!! Thank you Henry.

I'll look forward to seeing it in the museum some time soon. Hopefully along with some other half and half hats.

The plan is to turn one room into a series of displays about the fans so your hat and your story will be part of that.
  • Options

25May98 said:

Wow!!! Thank you Henry.

The plan is to turn one room into a series of displays about the fans so your hat and your story will be part of that.
    I'm absolutely chuffed. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Still need more fan items, fan photos etc to complete the display so get up in that loft all of you.
  • Options
    keep meaning to dig out some old bits for the museum and I will get round to it I promise @Henry Irving got Alan McCormacks match worn shirt somewhere that I won on here.....you are welcome to that!

I know somewhere that I've got the framed Full Members Cup final photo when I was mascot, watching Steve Thompson do the coin toss

Is it easy enough to drop stuff off on a matchday?
  • Options

keep meaning to dig out some old bits for the museum and I will get round to it I promise @Henry Irving got Alan McCormacks match worn shirt somewhere that I won on here.....you are welcome to that!

I know somewhere that I've got the framed Full Members Cup final photo when I was mascot, watching Steve Thompson do the coin toss

Is it easy enough to drop stuff off on a matchday?

Sounds good @Elthamaddick

On match days either bring it direct to the museum from 11 to 1 or if any other time box or bag it up and label it "for the Museum" and put a note in so we know who's be kind enough to donate it. Then just take it to main reception. They are used to it now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have a Full Members Cup Final scarf somewhere. It has a picture of Wembley on it as well. It was on my bedroom wall for years. Couldn't tell you were it is now.
  • Options
    Been promised a half and half Celtic hat for tomorrow.

If you have a CAFC/Rangers hat to go with it drop it off tomorrow in the museum from 11 to 1.00 pm when were open.

If you can't make those times then leave any items you want to donate in main reception marked "for the museum" and with a note so we know who had donated it.

Or you can post items to the museum C/O the Valley

We're a registered charity now too.

cafchistorian@gmail.com to get in touch.
  • Options
    @Henry Irving okay, so I've been really lazy and have failed to post the hat, but here are a couple of pics. I'll send it this week. It'll be worth the wait haha!
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:

@Henry Irving okay, so I've been really lazy and have failed to post the hat, but here are a couple of pics. I'll send it this week. It'll be worth the wait haha!

A thing of beauty

The Charlton Athletic Museum
    C/O The Valley
    Floyd Road
    Charlton
    SE7 8BL

Remember to stick a note in with your name so we can log the donation.

Or drop it off a main reception with a note.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    So we now have

Union Jack
    Brazil
    Celtic

But no

Three Lions
    St Georges flag
    Rangers
    Hearts
    Dundee Utd
    Dundee

Come on, search those old boxes in the loft
  • Options

So we now have

Union Jack
    Brazil
    Celtic

But no

Three Lions
    St Georges flag
    Rangers
    Hearts
    Dundee Utd
    Dundee

And Roda!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

So we now have

Union Jack
    Brazil
    Celtic

But no

Three Lions
    St Georges flag
    Rangers
    Hearts
    Dundee Utd
    Dundee

And Roda!
    You have to produce some evidence of that hat first @Kap10 first
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Hat and scarf were left at reception on Walsall match day, in envelope marked for Museum! Or have i just been whooshed Lol
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Hat and scarf were left at reception on Walsall match day, in envelope marked for Museum!

Top man. Will be collected on Friday.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited January 2018

I remember that, some poor lad had a Dundee United half hat on, and Vinnie (who now lives and works in London and visits every now then) kept hrowing it onto the pitch, steward retrieved it, vinnie took it off the lads head and threw it back