Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

North Upper Question

13»

Comments

• Anybody remember a very brief time in the seventies, when it was suggested we rename the COVERED END to the South East Shack ? It was thought that with the Shed, Kop, Holt End etc the Covered End was a bit of a basic name for our home end.
  • All known information re J block bloke pieced together ... and still nothing makes sense.
    k.jpg 127K
  • Anybody remember a very brief time in the seventies, when it was suggested we rename the COVERED END to the South East Shack ? It was thought that with the Shed, Kop, Holt End etc the Covered End was a bit of a basic name for our home end.

Yes that was at the end of the 72 season when we were relegated to the 3rd division.
    Luckily it never cought on.
  • I remember him when we had season tickets in the front row think I was 152?? Realy used to piss us off had a big rucksack to bash us all with as well!!
    Glad he's still there!!
    Legend
  • I remember him when we had season tickets in the front row think I was 152?? Realy used to piss us off had a big rucksack to bash us all with as well!!
    Glad he's still there!!
    Legend

What does he have in his rucksack?
    Glad he's still there!!
    Legend

What does he have in his rucksack?
    Tartan Blanket
    Flask
    Pencil Case
    Custard Creams
    Wireless Radio
    Scarf
    Plastic Bag

Miscellaneous Other West Stand Paraphernalia
  • The north upper shuffler wasn't at the game this week, will post an update after oxford.
  • Sponsored links:

• bbob said:

The north upper shuffler wasn't at the game this week, will post an update after oxford.

Bloody fair weather supporters!!
  • bbob said:

Shuffler was back but no shuffle!
    He wasn't in the company of the 2 ladies he usually sits with so my new theory is that one of his companions gets peckish around the 37 minute mark and sends him off to hunt for a kit kat. She is so weak with hungry she is unable to stand to let him pass so he has to shuffle the long way.

Maybe he is on here and has read this post
  • iainment said:

I would'nt budge for early leaver at half or full time.

Is that why you smell of wee?
    Some of us can control ourselves.
  • bbob said:

Shuffler was tempted back to the Valley for the annual festival of football for a fiver event.
    Early dart at 32 mins, I think he is trying to mess with my head.

Sorry mate
  • So he even has a name now! The Shuffler like one of the baddies from Batman. I had my wife and kids with me on Saturday and tried to let them know how lucky they were to have to stand for this historic Charlton figure a full quarter of an hour before half time. I told them he had his own Charlton Life thread. Shuffler is symbolic of Robinson’s team unable to hold on for the refs whistle. Surely he must be in the running for an award at the end of the season.
  • The Shuffler works for the club. Fact.

He listens intently to the wisdom of the Covered End, recording it on his phone for 40 minutes.

Then has to hot foot it to an empty cubicle to pass on the suggested changed tactics to Robinson.

Sadly if the smokers haven't got there first, the batteries in his Samsung only ever last 42 minutes, so the half time team talk has to rely on KR's tactical genius alone.

• edited February 2018
    Slightly different note as I sit in the East Stand.

I suppose we've been spoilt this season with boycotters & general malaise meaning the ground had been 1/3 full most games as I spent most of the game getting up & down letting people past me. One couple filed past about 10 mins into the 2nd half - that's 25 mins after the first half finished. wtf had they been doing all that time ??? Also sitting near an aisle means that the first 5 mins of each half is spent not seeing the action on the pitch but looking at gormless idiots traipsing up & down the stairs peering along rows looking for their seats. KM's "stadium map" is obviously not working.
  • Can you pick him out from this picture. This was Saturday .
  • Sponsored links:

• Just there, next to Wally.