Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What happens if there is no takeover?

13»

Comments

• Options
    He is selling.

Firstly he said, some while back, that he'd pull out of his football interests before he was 75. Secondly the departure of the CEO and Finance person indicate that the talks currently taking place are serious: people are leaving the club because new owners are due in.

The only issue is timing.
  • Options
    Nug said:

If there is no takeover before the end of the January window and no signings, which seems likely from what KR has said then I think protests need to be stepped up across the board immediately, meaning during games, in Belgium and anything else that can be done. The club is dying on its arse. I don't think even KR would complain about it. Its our duty as fans to fight back and stop this idiot. If nothing changes for next season I don't think the club will fully recover.

One problem is that the small crowds reduce the impact of any protest. Nearly 15,000 attended the 2-0 v. Middlesbrough, the coffin parade, beachballs on the pitch, and 74th minute walkout match. Brilliant afternoon!
    Protests when the crowds are more like six or seven thousand might produce a bit of a damp squib?
  • Options

The protests were successful and positively reported in the media worldwide. Duchatelet wants to sell. We have had 4 years of mismanagement under his tenure. This is a vital 6 months for CAFC, in which we could die on our feet before new ownership could pump energy, optimism and hopefully some money into our football club. To achieve check mate on Duchatelet after a good opening gambit and game plan which has taken his queen. We need to demonstrate only our love of CAFC, not protest now. That battle has already been won. Roland wants out. May our Knight in silver armour show up before we are slain.

I think all football clubs have shown much more resilience than to die. Administration and huge debts have not removed any football clubs in the football league for as long as I've been watching. I also think that we have too many points, baring a literal fire sale, to end up being relegated so I believe that the only thing that a delay will cause is to scupper our hopes for promotion this season (which I think has as good as happened already) or make it harder to get a squad together for next season.

I can put up with another season or two in this division (even though I don't want to) if I can see us building, properly, to get out of it.
  • Options
    We came within 30 minutes of becoming a memory before. The fan base is disappearing fast. The next 6 months are vital as we have been imploding for 5 years. If we are not dying we quickly need the kiss of life.
  • Options
    What happens if there is no takeover?

• Options

He's admitted he wants to sell.
    Potential buyers are going through DD.
    It's happening folks hopefully this week.
    Just a little more patience required

Surprisingly upbeat Mr R - Let's hope you are right
    Nothing like the thought of Roland selling to make me upbeat
  • Options
    If there is no takeover we can look forward to many more videos about the training ground redevelopment and in particular the new pitches.

And you won't have to be a subscriber to Valley Pass to watch them.
  • Options
    We’re heading for a hard Duchelexit if he don’t cough up a few quid this month for players that’s for sure.
  • Options

Takeovers take time, all of this if it doesn’t happen by the end of January rubbish is just that. More protests at this point are completely pointless, he wants to sell and he will sell. I don’t get why some on here are so desperate to cling on to the negatives, I just hope you all find something else to do with your lives once he’s gone.

Don't worry about that, we can start attending home games again.