Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who's not going to Wembley today?

13»

Comments

• Options

personally I was absolutely gutted it wasn't us playing there yesterday and more so were my kids.

would've ticked 2 off their bucket list, seeing us play at Wembley and seeing us play a top 6 side.

we'd have sold however many tickets they'd been willing to let us have and had a great day out.

same here. would have absolutely loved to taken my two to see us in their first ever trip to Wembley. Gutted we f*cked it up at Wimbledon
  • Options

3-0
    There you are , all you masses of doubters, not a massive drubbing, not a scoreline where we have to take a sickie to avoid our Spurs mates - just a fantastic day out at Wembley.
    Did you enjoy it ??????

Tossas

Very strange behaviour turning on fellow fans. Unless it's a joke with no smiley.
    Its not a moan at all fans, It was just a general moan CE, 1) at the team for fecking up at Wimbledon, but primarily at the number of fans on here who, 1) Couldn't give a toss about the FA Cup 2) Found excuses when we lost to Wimbledon 3) Found excuses, saying it would have been a different ball and all that bollox, when Wimbledon were drawn against Spurs, and the general apathetic attitude of a lot of fans on here .
    To me, like a lot of people, the FACup is important, it has a heritage, it provides you with a chance (as we found) to play at 'exotic' venues - I bet Wimbledon fans weren't saying ' oh, I wish we didn't have to go to Wembley, i'd much rather be playing Bury at Gigg Lane'.
    It just annoys me with the general lack of desire to build and progress, and the languid,feeble excuses given by quite a few fans - tbh , as it probably shows, it gets right on my tits - and it sums up quite a lot of our fanbase tbh.
    A more than fair opinion. It's calling fellow fans tossas that I disagree with.
    Particularly as it's actually spelled tossers.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

3-0
    There you are , all you masses of doubters, not a massive drubbing, not a scoreline where we have to take a sickie to avoid our Spurs mates - just a fantastic day out at Wembley.
    Did you enjoy it ??????

Tossas

Very strange behaviour turning on fellow fans. Unless it's a joke with no smiley.
    Its not a moan at all fans, It was just a general moan CE, 1) at the team for fecking up at Wimbledon, but primarily at the number of fans on here who, 1) Couldn't give a toss about the FA Cup 2) Found excuses when we lost to Wimbledon 3) Found excuses, saying it would have been a different ball and all that bollox, when Wimbledon were drawn against Spurs, and the general apathetic attitude of a lot of fans on here .
    To me, like a lot of people, the FACup is important, it has a heritage, it provides you with a chance (as we found) to play at 'exotic' venues - I bet Wimbledon fans weren't saying ' oh, I wish we didn't have to go to Wembley, i'd much rather be playing Bury at Gigg Lane'.
    It just annoys me with the general lack of desire to build and progress, and the languid,feeble excuses given by quite a few fans - tbh , as it probably shows, it gets right on my tits - and it sums up quite a lot of our fanbase tbh.
    A more than fair opinion. It's calling fellow fans tossas that I disagree with.
    Particularly as it's actually spelled tossers.

Or, to use pwopa English...

"Particularly as it's actually spelt tossers."

• Options
    I'd rather get to the Checkatrade trophy final than play Spurs in at Wembley in the 3rd round.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

I'd rather get to the Checkatrade trophy final than play Spurs in at Wembley in the 3rd round.

As clearly do the 673 others that went to the Fulham game on 1st November.
  • Options
    spelt or spelled - both are correct.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Both are 'correct' - however Spelled is regarded as an Americanism, in America you would generally use Spelled because they have a grain product called Spelt, however, in 'olde' English Spelt is 'correct'.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Please tell me you are joking
  • Options

PopIcon said:

As clearly do the 673 others that went to the Fulham game on 1st November.
    So you won't be going to the final if we get there? Just be those 673 fans...

So many deluded Charlton fans. We are a division three team, the Checkatrade trophy is our level, that is a fact!

It is ridiculous that Spurs have been allowed to hire out Wembley. Makes a mockery of our national stadium. What is so special about playing there if every team in the Premiership gets to play there this season.
  • Options
    Gutted...we could have played Newport away in the 4th round ;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrOneLung said:

Both are 'correct' - however Spelled is regarded as an Americanism, in America you would generally use Spelled because they have a grain product called Spelt, however, in 'olde' English Spelt is 'correct'.
    So what is 'tossas'?
    Don't bother looking it up, it's fucking annoying.