Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Varney leaves Ebbsfleet....

Comments

• Airman Brown is in the building
  • I would very, very cautious about assuming this has anything to do with Charlton. I think it’s a personal matter and not suitable for speculation.
  • I would very, very cautious about assuming this has anything to do with Charlton. I think it’s a personal matter and not suitable for speculation.

Then we need to draw a line under it.

• Choked on my baked beans when I saw the title of this thread !

But on further reading, interpreted the Ebbsfleet tweet as meaning Peter will not have any future involvement with Charlton.

SO hope I'm wrong though.

But as it was mentioned on another thread a few weeks ago, I sincerely hope that his health is not the reason for leaving.

Would be my concern, too.

Ask again Airman, are they sure?
  • edited January 2018

I would very, very cautious about assuming this has anything to do with Charlton. I think it’s a personal matter and not suitable for speculation.

Shame. I thought he would be coming back
  • Sponsored links:

Thought it sounded too good to be true. Disappointing.
  • Redhenry said:

I would very, very cautious about assuming this has anything to do with Charlton. I think it’s a personal matter and not suitable for speculation.

Shame. I thought he would be coming back
  • Not particularly gracious quotes from the incoming bloke - a thank you to PV might have been in order, you'd have thought?
  • Not particularly gracious quotes from the incoming bloke - a thank you to PV might have been in order, you'd have thought?
    Not really, no quotes from Ebsfleet shows this is not a amicable parting of the ways
    Bit weird that a 60 something, with massive experience in business and running a football club is being replaced with a 31 year old ex player
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Not particularly gracious quotes from the incoming bloke - a thank you to PV might have been in order, you'd have thought?
    Not really, no quotes from Ebsfleet shows this is not a amicable parting of the ways
    Do find the quote strange. Even Charlton under Duchatelet managed to inform people if someone was leaving for personal reasons. IE Murray when he was ill.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Not particularly gracious quotes from the incoming bloke - a thank you to PV might have been in order, you'd have thought?
    I think Airman has suggested that speculation regarding this is not appropriate and on that basis I think we need to stop that speculation.

I agree that speculation is not helpful but I also think AB’s comments may be a bit of a smokescreen for the real reason PV left Ebbsfleet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Took a picture of the annoying bugger sitting next to me today. Didn’t think much of it at the time, but now it makes sense.
  • masicat said:

JohnnyH2 said:

I think Airman has suggested that speculation regarding this is not appropriate and on that basis I think we need to stop that speculation.

I have decided to carry on speculating. I might even speculate under the covers in private, but I’m going to speculate away.
    It’s the speculation that kills you
  • masicat said:

JohnnyH2 said:

I have decided to carry on speculating. I might even speculate under the covers in private, but I’m going to speculate away.
    Sounds like it'll make him go blind at a stroke push
  • masicat said:

JohnnyH2 said:

I thought it made you go blind
  • edited January 2018

Pretty clear from airman’s post and ebbsfleet’s (at first sight slightly bizarre) tweet that it’s a pretty serious private matter that shouldn’t be discussed. The only thing I’d say I hope that all is well.

I wouldn't say that we are discussing a "serious private matter" but speculating on whether PV leaving Ebbsfleet could have something to do with our takeover. If AB believes there is no more to be said, then so be it, but I wouldn't have thought that it should stop us speculating.............this is a forum after all.