Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Varney leaves Ebbsfleet....

Comments

• So he had a sit down with the media team and gave an excuse? Really strange comment to make and situation in general, knowing our luck it really is a coincidence.
    Perhaps he was playing them a bit, the move isn't linked to any involvement but he may become involved soon...
  • PV isn’t taking over , but Es retiring to spend more time at the valley now RD has gone ;)
  • First comment I’ve made on this thread (I think). Surely this is just too much of a coincidence? Why would he call it a day at this point rather than wait until the end of the season to step down and complete a proper handover? I'm hopeful!
  • Rylo said:

First comment I’ve made on this thread (I think). Surely this is just too much of a coincidence? Why would he call it a day at this point rather than wait until the end of the season to step down and complete a proper handover? I'm hopeful!

I’m the complete opposite. I really do think this is unconnected.

• Rylo said:

First comment I’ve made on this thread (I think). Surely this is just too much of a coincidence? Why would he call it a day at this point rather than wait until the end of the season to step down and complete a proper handover? I'm hopeful!

I’m the complete opposite. I really do think this is unconnected.

Without being funny, I hope I’m right!
  • Hmm I see. Do they mean there's no future involvement for ebbsfkeet with cafc. Is there any now?

Why would they be in a position to say that Varney will have no future involvement with cafc? Surely that's for him to decide and say?
  • edited January 2018
    Whatever this means, I can't see Peter Varney running Charlton. He is 63 I believe, not 'past it' in any way but it could be something that wouldn't appeal now, and maybe actually running Charlton is a job for a younger person.
  • Sponsored links:

• One more job Peter before you retire...
  • Ok thats clearer he has told them that. Nothing to see here then.
  • Rylo said:

Ebbsfleet thrashing by Bromley, Varney's local team, on live TV was the final straw. He was sacked. FACT
    Great so here he comes. Mark my words this is happening.
  • Hmm I see. Do they mean there's no future involvement for ebbsfkeet with cafc. Is there any now?

Why would they be in a position to say that Varney will have no future involvement with cafc? Surely that's for him to decide and say?

According to the second tweet it was Varney himself who distanced himself from any future association with cafc.
  • Get the It's happening GIF ready !!!
  • CHG said:

Airman will be able to put any rumours on this to bed....

Is the new VOTV due out already?
  • Sponsored links:

• Way too much of a coincidence
  • It's the hope that kills you.
  • Airman been on yet??
  • It's just PV winding up RD
  • CHG said:

Airman will be able to put any rumours on this to bed....

Is the new VOTV due out already?
    Exclusive interview with PV him in this months VOTV apparently