Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney leaves Ebbsfleet....

Comments

• Options

masicat said:

Please bring Dave Archer home with you Pete.

But not that bloody announcer (can’t remember what his name is) ;)
    @bigLDV
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Perhaps ebbsfleet mean THEY won't have any future involvement with CAFC as they're p'ed off that Reg is coming back here?

That's how I read it.
  • Options

Would the Ebbsfleet comms team actually know anything about this? - I know Olly is very good for us but would he be told the ongoings of another clubs takeover?

Would the Ebbsfleet comms team actually know anything about this? - I know Olly is very good for us but would he be told the ongoings of another clubs takeover?

Perhaps they know what his plans are....

Very peculiar timing though. Could be a rollercoaster of a week coming up
  • Options
    All feels very coincidental ...
  • Options
    Strange timing with PV knowing it would open up a can of rumour worms.
  • Options
    Airman will be able to put any rumours on this to bed....
  • Options
    edited January 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    RedMist said:

Perhaps ebbsfleet mean THEY won't have any future involvement with CAFC as they're p'ed off that Reg is coming back here?

Could be! Kind of like "after this experiment, we are done." After all, he did not last long.
  • Options
    Surprised any of Steve Sutherland, Dave Archer or Dave Lockwood will leave there with the Charlton feel they have there
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    He may not have ‘future involvment’ With CAFC, but he could surely have introduced investors to a CAFC takeover - which could be seen as a conflict of interest hence why leaving
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

He may not have ‘future involvment’ With CAFC, but he could surely have introduced investors to a CAFC takeover - which could be seen as a conflict of interest hence why leaving

I read it more as THEY will have no further involvement, not "he."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

sammy391 said:

Further tweets from Ebbslfeet said along the lines of “peter has said there is nothing to do with Charlton”
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

Further tweets from Ebbslfeet said along the lines of “peter has said there is nothing to do with Charlton”
    Is there a "frown" button?
  • Options
    noooo sorry its still Bob Hope coming over Shootershill
  • Options

So he had a sit down with the media team and gave an excuse? Really strange comment to make and situation in general, knowing our luck it really is a coincidence.
    Maybe they said it because a lot of People made 2+2=5 and they, and PDV wanted it cleared up.

• Options
    PV is 64 in February according to Companies House declaration. So retirement is, I guess, an option. Hope not.