Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Varney leaves Ebbsfleet....

167891012»

Comments

• I can imagine Katrien would've received a similar reception.

• edited January 2018

I can imagine Katrien would've received a similar reception.

Fuck me, where did you get that picture? We are normally so careful that no-one gets pictorial evidence of our "Thursday Club"...
  • I can imagine Katrien would've received a similar reception.
    Tibbles doesnt look happy to be involved (second left)
  • It’s obvious. Anyone that watches McMafia , Peter has the star role a Vadim.
    A real lookalike.
  • 52 and aiming to retire at 60 - would retire tomorrow if money wasn't an issue - do a job that i don't love and has become increasingly more hassle and have plenty of hobbies i'd love to be doing instead - different for PV - guess he's one of the few who's work is something they enjoy
  • Sponsored links:

• What a guy he was…..especially during our Premiership days and lead up to promotion.
    First one in on match day mornings and just about last to leave (around 8.00 am I was once told)…..he had his foot in every door and knew the match day workings in every department from start to finish, as well as being on first name terms with many of the staff on the day.
    We’ve never had a guy like him at the helm before or since …….as far as I know anyway.
    It used to make my skin crawl when the likes of Meire used to rock up (done up to the eyeballs), at around 1.00pm…..shocking example to all concerned! 😠
  • DOUCHER said:
    52 and aiming to retire at 60 - would retire tomorrow if money wasn't an issue - do a job that i don't love and has become increasingly more hassle and have plenty of hobbies i'd love to be doing instead - different for PV - guess he's one of the few who's work is something they enjoy
    This. I often think about if I didn't have a mortgage, would I do something easier or something I enjoyed more. I can see why PV still works
  • Great with the redevelopment of the valley. I wouldn't be too proud of the stand at the kuflink/stone bridge road ground. That stand is shocking architecturally though the facilities are  good. Used to be rusty old roof and a terrace with no facilities apart from a tea hut and an always flooded urinals. 
  • RedMist said:
    It's HONOUR, you bloody colonial.
    We Yanks struggle with all your extra u's in words. Even the meme generator kept changing it back when I fixed it. Next time I will labor to humor you will more correct spelling.
    Please learn the below for future reference,
    American English is like the thick kid in the class who can't spell properly so sound spells the words.
    That thick kid is properly dyslexic and being entirely sensible to spell it like it sounds and hope for the best. Americans consciously altered spellings to make it easier for immigrants to spell properly - again sensible. As we all know, Albert Einstein was dyslexic and (perhaps not despite that, but because of that) made a massive contribution to the advancement of human knowledge. You presumably aren’t dyslexic and gave CharltonLife 21 discussions including the groundbreaking ‘worst sports kit’ and the intriguing but ultimately  equally disappointing ‘Easter would ya’.
  • Great with the redevelopment of the valley. I wouldn't be too proud of the stand at the kuflink/stone bridge road ground. That stand is shocking architecturally though the facilities are  good. Used to be rusty old roof and a terrace with no facilities apart from a tea hut and an always flooded urinals. 
    Don't forget the clubshop/shed.
  • Retired at 66 a couple of years ago and made a list of things I could do if I got bored… totally unnecessary as there are always things to do or people to see. Enjoy your retirement and thanks for the good times.
    I know it’s a tired old cliche but I really don’t know how I found time to go to work. My time is completely filled with things of which 95% I enjoy doing. Never watch daytime tv. Enjoy my home, garden, my children and grandchildren, getting out and about and definitely not the grind of daily work life. I accept it’s not for everyone but I’m generally like a pig in shit. 👍
    Bit of a harsh view on living in Northern England, Shooters...