Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KR calls out Roland

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

DA9 said:

KR cannot lose if this is true.

1: Gets sacked and gets paid off
    2: RD lets him sign players
    3: RD lets him carry on without signing players before he sells the club

Obviousky KR would have preferences to each of these scenarios, he either has a big payout, improves the squad AND keeps his job, or just keeps his job anyway and hopes new owners keep him (again, a payout if they don’t)

This might be simplistic, but he would get another job quite easily IMO, I believe he cares about CAFC, but ultimately has a family and career to consider first.

Wouldn't the club have an option to sack him without compo if he's been slagging the owner off, in public to "customers"?
    "Prove it"
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

se9addick said:

DA9 said:

Obviousky KR would have preferences to each of these scenarios, he either has a big payout, improves the squad AND keeps his job, or just keeps his job anyway and hopes new owners keep him (again, a payout if they don’t)

This might be simplistic, but he would get another job quite easily IMO, I believe he cares about CAFC, but ultimately has a family and career to consider first.

Wouldn't the club have an option to sack him without compo if he's been slagging the owner off, in public to "customers"?
    "Prove it"
    Fair point.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Holmes isn’t a Championship player. Well not a good one anyway. He’s not consistent enough. His passing isn’t good enough.

OK I think he looked it for some of last season and at the beginning of this season, but something has changed. All aspects of his game have suffered. To me he doesn't look like a good championship player. I'd love to be wrong, as at his best he's great!
    My son thought that it was easy to double up on Ricky and take him out of the game.

A fit Fosu and a fit Ricky firing on all cylinders make us unplayable and hard to beat.

No idea what’s going to evolve this month, but hopefully the new geez from north London can take the heat off of Rickster, and help him get back to his best.

He looks hacked off at times ( as most of us are) but I’d rather have him than not have him fit and firing in the team.
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Well if Robbo digs his heels in in some way or another, he at least is showing some gumption after being so fulsome towards the regime when he first arrived.
    One not unimaginable scenario is Duchatelet remains, Robinson departs, and Jacko becomes manager.

How else would a new manager be towards his employer?
    Measured.
    People's oppinions on what a young managers "measured" response should be to constant questions re. the protests / owners (his bosses) etc., at the time of his appointment is obviously very subjective.
    Indeed. Individual opinions are subjective, however there is an alteration if enough of those subjective opinions are in alignment.
  • Options

Wynn Grant has also confirmed on his blog that he knew of this conversation before it was made public on here. I have no doubt at all that the conversation took place and what was said. Once again I say, lets give KR a chance to prove himself with proper funds and an ambitious owner(s), if it fails then off he goes, if he succeeds don't we all win?

If there is any money to spend I'd rather trust it to someone else to spend. We were told Marshall and Reeves would tear this league a new one but neither have delivered, nowhere near. If KR is given a chance with proper funds it will just mean less funds available for the guy who replaces him three months later.
    To be fair, Reeves wasn't fit then got injured and Marshall suffered a bad injury. Neither have really had the opportunity to "bed in" so I think your point is harsh. Look what happened to Fosu, had a great start, got niggling injury and then tailed off.

What I don't get in all this, is the time it is taking? Surely any prospective new owner realises they need to come in now to make the signings we need to give promotion a good go. And surely Roland wants out also, as he is haemorrhaging money supposedly. If this is some sick way of RD having the final say then once again his judgement is poor.

Will be very interesting to know, what if any, involvement the FA are having. Clearly there is a growing trend of clubs being run poorly. Come on Roland, you know you're not wanted and I doubt you've enjoyed your time so do the right thing and toodle off to Belgium, metaphorically speaking of course, we know you're never bloody here ! Adieu to you and you and you....
  • Options
    edited January 2018

JamesSeed said:

Why would he tell a fan in a car park?

Why do you think?
    He hasn't told it to the press so why would he tell a fan?
    If he says it to the press then it becomes "official". If he says it to a fan then he can deny it and say that it never happened but still get the message out.

It's a ploy that many a person in the industry have done many times before
  • Options
    Robinson was deflecting fans anger after our awful but lucky win by blaming the poor game on the slow take-over and lack of new players to the press. Fair enough I think. But then he goes way over the top in the car park by calling the owner an idiot! By doing this Robinson was very, very unprofessional! Why did he feel the need to gain a group fans' sympathy in the car park? I think he was also an idiot for this disclosure. Obviously Robinson's passion gets out of hand but as our well paid manager he should keep his feelings about Duchatelet to himself - even though most of us completely agree with him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I imagine Roland doesn't want to see his successor instantly improve Charlton.
    That would rub salt into his failure.
    This may lead to him deliberately delaying the sale until after this window, even if an imminent sale was a possibility. Which seems more likely given KR's public comments.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

DA9 said:

Who knows, there is no proof that it actually happened, only hearsay and one persons account, if we can’t prove it, neither can the club.
  • Options
    Does anybody know exactly when his contract is up. If it is only at the end of the season and given what's happening at the club at the moment makes little sense to sack and pay off at the present time.
  • Options
    With no Night Meire, who would tell him about it anyway?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

JamesSeed said:

Why do you think?
    If he says it to the press then it becomes "official". If he says it to a fan then he can deny it and say that it never happened but still get the message out.

KR has spoken to the press as the recent SLP article shows and it names Carruthers and Josh Cullen as players he wanted.
  • Options
    mart77 said:

cafc999 said:

JamesSeed said:

Why do you think?

KR has spoken to the press as the recent SLP article shows and it names Carruthers and Josh Cullen as players he wanted.
    He didn't say to the press that he called RD an idiot though did he? Nor did he say that RD pulled the plug on the deals either.
  • Options
    I thought that article backed what you said in fairness and think that how vocal KR is being is a sign that the fat lady is singing and that change will come soon.
  • Options
    Wasnt meant to be a dig @mart77
  • Options

SDAddick said:

To me it seems like we're now at a point where we're whinging when a club employee calls for Roland to leave (allegedly) to Roland's face.

I get that people pay a lot of money to go to matches and that for some people this club has been at the center of their lives for decades and they now can't go, and I don't want to belittle or lose sight of that.

I do think there on some on here for whom hating Roland and the regime and everyone (or almost everyone) who works for the club is a form of competition, and there's sometimes this feeling of one-upmanship over who can be angriest of most miserable.

That's it. I'm going to go back to ignoring football-related threads for 24 hours after games.

I don’t think that’s the case at all.

For me, Robinson nailed his colours to the mast from the day he arrived by taking every available column inch and radio show slot to tell the world how great our owner and CEO are and that they are misunderstood.

He’s admitted he knew what he was getting in to and allegedly, whilst MK Dons manager, told our club MC at the time that we were a ‘basketcase of a club’.

Now the reality has hit home and he’s behaving like a worm trying to wriggle off the hook. That’s before we remind ourselves this is he 3rd transfer window in a row he’s reeled out the ‘I know what we need’ line.

I don’t doubt for a second that he’s frustrated but some of his issues are entirely self inflicted.
    100%
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps, he lost his rag and needed to get it off his chest. Most people have done that when exasperated at some point in their lives. I don’t knock him for appearing to support RD to a fashion. He was arguably right to think that to have any chance of promotion he had to get some level of peace to the place.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Roland won’t sanction any incoming transfers this window.

Tells me he’s leaving but I’m not sure “soon” is equally as clear. No money spent in January and no replacements for Meire and Joyes means that apart from monthly ongoing costs which he can’t avoid as long as he is owner he’s not going to spend a penny more than he needs to until the club is sold. That’s all it tells me.

Soon would be good as long as it’s the right new owner. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see this go on until the summer.

• Options

I thinking Led behaviour is about right look at it from his point of view. He takes the job and he is given limited resources which he makes the best of, he is told a takeover isn't in the offing. He is then professional in how he speaks about his employers but also careful not to alienate fans and he plays decent football and starts the season well. We then have the traditional December slump due to a very unfortunate spat of injuries. The takeover news is then confirmed and he is denied his previously promised targets who he had planned for long term.

He then keeps as positive as he can in the press about it but let's slip to some fans that he is fuming.

What's to be angry with him about? It seems that's many on here are just waiting to ha e a go at him to me.

I wouldn’t have said he came across very positively to the press yesterday about the transfer situation.

• Options

JamesSeed said:

Holmes isn’t a Championship player. Well not a good one anyway. He’s not consistent enough. His passing isn’t good enough.

Rubbish. Plus Wilder who has been immensely successful seems to think he is.
    Wilder was certainly interested in Holmes last summer, but back then he probably would just have been setting his sights fairly low, just looking for survival

Now they're seventh, he'll be looking for players for a promotion push, is Holmes good enough for that?
  • Options

Robinson was deflecting fans anger after our awful but lucky win by blaming the poor game on the slow take-over and lack of new players to the press. Fair enough I think. But then he goes way over the top in the car park by calling the owner an idiot! By doing this Robinson was very, very unprofessional! Why did he feel the need to gain a group fans' sympathy in the car park? I think he was also an idiot for this disclosure. Obviously Robinson's passion gets out of hand but as our well paid manager he should keep his feelings about Duchatelet to himself - even though most of us completely agree with him.

Except the car park conversation was before the game which makes you wonder what sort of team talk he gave.

Agree it's most unprofessional and sums up why, whilst accepting no manager will ever succeed under RD, he should be replaced when new owners come in. He is naive, rigid in his tactics, unwilling to pick the right formation for the players at his disposal, seemingly unwilling to take responsibility by deflecting blame on players, injuries and now the owner and above all he knew what he was letting himself into but has such a big ego he thought he could make it work.
  • Options

Footage from Robinson relaying his conversation with Roland to fans has emerged.

https://youtu.be/Nc3x8Db56to

Your Belgium lot are shit
  • Options
    Did no one film this alleged conversation?
  • Options

Personally I’m glad he didn’t keep his opinions to himself. I think we can get over analytical about this stuff.
    He clearly likes being at Charlton and would like to stay. But hey ho.