Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KR calls out Roland

Comments

• KR's recent attempts to deflect blame for the recent poor form does his prospects for future employment as a football manager no good whatsoever.

Meire managed to get a job, football is just a merry-go-round.

Robinson will have no trouble getting another job in League 1. If Roland sacks him, then people just know he's been sacked from a job that nobody could succeed in. If new owners sack him then any prospective employers will know that is the way with a takeover.

None of us really know how the talk is affecting the players, but I do wish Robinson talked less and concentrated more on getting results, starting with a change in formation.
  • Oakster said:

It's kind of weird - I feel sorry for Robinson as there was absolutely no way he would have known what he was walking into when he jumped at the chance to take the job.

There just weren't any warning signs at all that Duchatalatet & Meire were totally incompetent in terms of running a football club.

They say "Buyer Beware" but in this case how could KR have known what a clusterf*ck this club is?

Remember at the time he gleefully joined he told us...

"The owner was very, very good in what he said to me,” he says. “Katrien has been phenomenal in everything I’ve asked. All the things I’d heard about [before I came], haven’t been the case. I think if you asked them both they’d say maybe they underestimated how things worked in England and that’s where things fell down a little bit.”

Are you having a laugh? "Absolutely no way he would have known what he was walking into.....". What about the evidence of the previous 3 years???
    I think we could be about to get a whooooosh
  • JamesSeed said:

Oakster said:

It's kind of weird - I feel sorry for Robinson as there was absolutely no way he would have known what he was walking into when he jumped at the chance to take the job.

There just weren't any warning signs at all that Duchatalatet & Meire were totally incompetent in terms of running a football club.

They say "Buyer Beware" but in this case how could KR have known what a clusterf*ck this club is?

Remember at the time he gleefully joined he told us...

"The owner was very, very good in what he said to me,” he says. “Katrien has been phenomenal in everything I’ve asked. All the things I’d heard about [before I came], haven’t been the case. I think if you asked them both they’d say maybe they underestimated how things worked in England and that’s where things fell down a little bit.”

Are you having a laugh? "Absolutely no way he would have known what he was walking into.....". What about the evidence of the previous 3 years???
    Unfortunately he hasn’t spent the last three years on CL reading all about it.
    Didn't he once comment that we were a basket case of a club whilst still at mkd?

Yes, he knew what he was letting himself in for alright.
  • ROLAND OUT
    Robinson OUT

We need a fresh start with all the smt gone

Where's CLB74?
  • edited January 2018

cafc999 said:

KR also said that he wouldn't be suprised if Holmes was sold.

This was all before the match

Ive now heard something on Holmes potentially going three times today from different angles
    Surprise surprise. Konsa to follow as well probably.
  • That takeover needs to happen right now
  • cafc999 said:

Ive now heard something on Holmes potentially going three times today from different angles
    Although still our hardest working player today, I’m sure something has been up with him. Don’t know if it’s the previous injury or if he has been tapped up, but he hasn’t looked as positive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

This thread is a good example that no matter what Robinson does, he is going to be heavily criticized. He really is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

"The owner was very, very good in what he said to me,” he says. “Katrien has been phenomenal in everything I’ve asked. All the things I’d heard about [before I came], haven’t been the case. I think if you asked them both they’d say maybe they underestimated how things worked in England and that’s where things fell down a little bit.

He lost me there & then.

All the things I heard about haven't been the case. FFS.

Don't care how much he spins & talks I hope he goes with the rest of them when the takeover occurs.

Aaaaaaaagh
  • cafc999 said:

If you can’t buy players due to the takeover you won’t be selling either as they are assests of the club, and who is to say the new owners will sell them.
  • cafc999 said:

If you can’t buy players due to the takeover you won’t be selling either as they are assests of the club, and who is to say the new owners will sell them.
    I'd imagine that's why some (Konsa, Holmes) look pissed off.
  • cafc999 said:

I'd imagine that's why some (Konsa, Holmes) look pissed off.
    Well if that’s the case then more fool them, get your head down keep doing the business and then when it happens then move on, play like a prat and spit your dummy out then you will lose the opportunity to move as and when the takeover happens
  • JamesSeed said:

Holmes isn’t a Championship player. Well not a good one anyway. He’s not consistent enough. His passing isn’t good enough.

Rubbish. Plus Wilder who has been immensely successful seems to think he is.
  • MrLargo said:

“You're coming in at 8am and not leaving until 9pm. I met four agents last night - it’s just relentless at the moment.

“Everyone who’s phoned me up, I’ve told them we’re not trading at the moment.”

If we're not trading at the moment then what an earth is the point in meeting 4 agents on a Friday evening?!
    Maybe he meant agents for himself, looking for a new job, LOL.
  • Why would he tell a fan in a car park?
  • JamesSeed said:

Holmes isn’t a Championship player. Well not a good one anyway. He’s not consistent enough. His passing isn’t good enough.

Yeah Sheffield buying him for the quality of his corners.
  • Sponsored links:

• KR's recent attempts to deflect blame for the recent poor form does his prospects for future employment as a football manager no good whatsoever.

If Russell Slade can keep getting jobs then KR will have no problems. He will get a pay off from the new owners (if/when they ever take over), blame Roland for the failings here and stroll into another league one/two job pretty easily.
  • All we’ll and good fans wanting Robinson out but who would you replace him with? In one breath we are moaning that we are sacking managers and the wrong appointments be it they are foreigners then we appoint an English manager with experience of the league and we want him out. Success is not gained overnight and you cannot keep chopping and changing we are a point from the play offs and the majority of the top ten to come to our place and win

You missed a bit.

Why do you think?
  • JamesSeed said:

Why would he tell a fan in a car park?

Why do you think?
    And it wasn’t just to one fan.....there were half a dozen or so evidently.
  • JamesSeed said:

Alex Ferguson was successful but he still bought players that couldn't cut it in the premier league despite doing it in other leagues.

If Holmes was a little younger then you could to try and improve his game but how he plays at Charlton is how he will play somewhere else and he's getting sussed out.

Cause KR flashed his lights and he come over?
  • seth plum said:

Well if Robbo digs his heels in in some way or another, he at least is showing some gumption after being so fulsome towards the regime when he first arrived.
    One not unimaginable scenario is Duchatelet remains, Robinson departs, and Jacko becomes manager.

How else would a new manager be towards his employer?
  • Quite refreshing to see someone publicly talking shit about Roland, but it's not a great strategy if you want to keep your job under new ownership. 'What's this Karl Robinson like?' 'Well, he's spent the last month telling the fans that the owner is a wanker at every opportunity'. '...Ah.'

If I were the person taking over, I would be aware of the whole situation. I would know that for the previous year he had been broadly supportive of his employer, and that a situation had developed where the actions of that employer were making his job neigh on impossible. I would take it as a sign that he was not a fool, which would be something I would like to see in my employees.