Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KR calls out Roland

Comments

• ‘Unhappy camp’ is seeping out of every pore

There appears to be a lot of finger pointing in the side rather than players looking after their own game.

I mentioned on the match thread how Lennon had a right go at Magennis in the first half - when the forward moaned at the ball given to him, Lennon's response was words to the effect "why don't you fxxxxxx move then!".

In the second half Konsa and Marshall were having a running battle with each other - Marshall wanted the ball early and Konsa was saying that Marshall wasn't creating any space.

Perhaps that should happen every week if we get the same result.
  • ct_addick said:

As much as I detest RD I wouldn't call him an idiot for not buying players if he is selling the club.

Exactly this It would be like a businessman selling a factory and buying new machinery before the sale goe through.
  • smurfd said:

ct_addick said:

As much as I detest RD I wouldn't call him an idiot for not buying players if he is selling the club.

Exactly this It would be like a businessman selling a factory and buying new machinery before the sale goe through.
    The only good thing about him not buying players during the sale is he also won't be selling any.
  • smurfd said:

ct_addick said:

The only good thing about him not buying players during the sale is he also won't be selling any.
    Not necessarily

Other clubs could activate clauses in certain players' contracts, and we would have no choice but to sell.
  • Don't bet on it Napa
  • Oggy Red said:

I would like the north stand to be named the Alan Curbishley stand so that our two greatest managers in history can share the valley and face each other.

Can't we just rename the'north stand' as The Covered End ?

Seeing as the south stand (jimmy seed) is also an "end" & is also "covered" then it may not be truly accurate. A Covered End, maybe, but not The Covered End.

I'm probably alone in this but I'm not a great fan of naming stands. You generally only have 4 of them, so what happens when Lookman returns as manager in 2040 & manages us for 20 years, winning the Premier League 5 times & the Champions League twice & we find that all we have left to name is the scoreboard as by then we have, in addition to the Jimmy Seed stand, the Curbishley stand, The SCP Stand & the Andrew Muir stand.

As we all know - we don't need a stadium map if the stands are all known by their geographical names.
  • Ben18 said:

smurfd said:

ct_addick said:

Not necessarily

Other clubs could activate clauses in certain players' contracts, and we would have no choice but to sell.
  • JamesSeed said:

Gotta be tex and watt

Could it be the game where Watt ambled around when he came on as sub, and Robinson claimed he'd told him to not to press the centre backs as a long clearance never leads to anything? Thought it was weird at the time.
    I think Karl had his work cut out when he joined...
    Wasn't that the first game this season when Watt made possibly the most useless subs appearance I've ever seen!
  • se9addick said:

I heard about this conversation pretty soon after it happened and from the individuals involved and other information I’m confident it’s an accurate account.

I can add to this by saying I was present at a game last season as a Match sponsor. Bob Bolder was giving us the stadium tour and we were just about to have our group photo taken in the home dugout when KR appears on the pitch.

Two of our group wandered over to have a chat with KR which I thought nothing of at the time.

However when we were sat down having our meal and chatting it turns out KR said to the two individuals that he was “having trouble motivating a couple of the players” and despite what he said to them “they did not want to play that day”

I was gobsmacked, there was our manager telling two people he had never met before that two highly paid footballers who he was supposed to be in charge of “didn’t fancy playing that day”

Bloody hell, the players should be sued for breach of contract.
    I know you can make the claim that it is unprofessional, but I must admit I like him for that. He wears his heart on his sleeve but he cares. Any manager we get will have his limitations, that is the level we are at. I don't like the way he is not flexible around his preferred system, but I do think he has something about him, warts and all and with a bit of backing he could get us up. Beyond that I don't know, but we have to make progress in steps.
  • Sponsored links:

• smurfd said:

ct_addick said:

The part of the company I work for has a goal of making an acquisition a year. We have bought two in the past three at an average cost of around £800m.

There is always a time during negotiating and then after signing but before taking full control where the existing owners need to run the business in a way that maintains its value.

We agree terms that allow for business aa usual expenditure and for any outlay outside of that, terms that allow us to agree the expenditure and adjust the price. Pretty standard stuff.
  • JamesSeed said:

Gotta be tex and watt

Could it be the game where Watt ambled around when he came on as sub, and Robinson claimed he'd told him to not to press the centre backs as a long clearance never leads to anything? Thought it was weird at the time.
    I think Karl had his work cut out when he joined...
    Wasn't that the first game this season when Watt made possibly the most useless subs appearance I've ever seen!
    Eurgh, id almost forgot about that dirty c*ltic wanker. So glad he no longer has the privilege of putting on a charlton shirt.
  • smurfd said:

ct_addick said:

Or an alternative view is someone selling their house after doing up the bathroom and fitting a new kitchen to make it a more attractive proposition? Just a thought?
  • Charlton Athletic boss Karl Robinson has insisted his transfer plans have not been affected amid the club's takeover talks

This was on 1st of Jan.

The man’s an idiot.

That was before he spoke to Roland...

Nada.

”This seemed to throw Robinson's transfer plans into doubt but the manager said: "I have had clear and precise discussions and that doesn't change [transfer targets].

"Richard Murray is still active in the boardroom and has been at the club for many years," he said.

"I spoke to him yesterday [Thursday December 28]. I spoke with the owner yesterday.

"I'm quite relaxed about it."

Still an idiot.
    Tbf I don’t think the conversation he was relating in the car park on Jan 6th was the same one.
  • Or could it be that the takeover advanced in those days between?
  • Oggy Red said:

I would like the north stand to be named the Alan Curbishley stand so that our two greatest managers in history can share the valley and face each other.

Seeing as the south stand (jimmy seed) is also an "end" & is also "covered" then it may not be truly accurate. A Covered End, maybe, but not The Covered End.

I'm probably alone in this but I'm not a great fan of naming stands. You generally only have 4 of them, so what happens when Lookman returns as manager in 2040 & manages us for 20 years, winning the Premier League 5 times & the Champions League twice & we find that all we have left to name is the scoreboard as by then we have, in addition to the Jimmy Seed stand, the Curbishley stand, The SCP Stand & the Andrew Muir stand.

As we all know - we don't need a stadium map if the stands are all known by their geographical names.
    Oh, come on, Golfie .... lighten up.
    My comment was just tongue in cheek.

Anyway, every supporter still called it the Covered End long after the Jimmy South Stand was built in 1979.
    And for most of us longstanding fans, it will always be the Covered End.

It's part of our history and tradition.

• Sponsored links:

• If he was assured his transfer plans would be sorted, it isn't really him who should be criticised if somebody has gone back on their word!
  • If he was assured his transfer plans would be sorted, it isn't really him who should be criticised if somebody has gone back on their word!

Depends whose word he was relying upon...
  • Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Anyway, every supporter still called it the Covered End long after the Jimmy South Stand was built in 1979.

Who's Jimmy South? I'm going to have to get one of my Colin Cameron's out to check this.....
  • Fumbluff said:

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Who's Jimmy South? I'm going to have to get one of my Colin Cameron's out to check this.....
    Good job it wasn’t Jimmy North or it could have got very confusing.
  • Oggy Red said:

Golfie, do you still need a map to get around The Valley? Bloody hell
  • Fumbluff said:

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

You'll have to ask Henry.

I'm pretty sure he first called it the 'Jimmy South Stand' on here, as a response to comments at the time.

• se9addick said:

One other point around this conversation between KR and fans, I do wish that Robinson would stop naming other teams players as transfer targets, it isn't very classy.

It becomes so Messi.
  • edited January 2018
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Spot on Oggy, I don't know, these Johnny come latelys :wink:

Perhaps so, but his judgement of who to trust would certainly be under scrutiny