Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Oldham - Match Thread

Comments

• I have 50 quid on a Magennis first half half trick @ 1700-1.

Should have gone for Mavididi!
  • Stephy Mavididi holds off @OfficialOAFC's Ousmane Fane in the early stages at The Valley #cafc

• I love that Mavidi bloke.

Always knew he would score at least one league goal.

Should have put your£50 on him!
  • Oldham Athletic AFC

Verified account

@OfficialOAFC
    44s44 seconds ago
    More
    29’ Close! Rob Hunt wins the ball on the edge of the box and curls towards the top corner but it’s just inches over the crossbar. 1-0
  • Sage said:

Signing a young player who has never scored you said...

WHAT YOU SAYINGGGGG?!?!

See.. that’s what Mavididi can bring!

Alright Joey Essex.
  • We should have signed him in August instead of Reeves

Apparently we wanted to but Arsenal wanted to send him to the Championship. I still think Reeves>Marshall thus far, though hopefully more to come from both.
  • 32' Amadi-Holloway tries his luck from 25 yards, but it's tame and straight at Amos. #cafc
  • 32’ Davies flicks a header into the path of Holloway to shoot from 25 yards but it’s comfortable for Amos to save. 1-0
  • Lots of the ball so far. Not much penetration. But Ricky did hit the bar and Mavadidi has put us in front, albeit via a deflection but was an excellent run to get into a scoring position.

Someone managing to dribble past a few players looks our only creative outlet right now.

How KAG is being kept out by either one of Marshall and Mag right now is beyond me. Both look utterly devoid of confidence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Currently up to 8th!
  • Bauer with a misskick there to give it away but I can't stress enough how he has been on the end of evertyhing they've tried to do going forward.
  • 33' Ref blows for a Charlton free-kick after a deliberate handball by Green who escapes a yellow card. #cafc
  • 35' Magennis does well to power into the box and gets to the byline before winning another corner... #cafc
  • 36' ...Placide claims again. #cafc

Why bother with corners, prove me wrong
  • Oldham Athletic AFC

Verified account

@OfficialOAFC
    28s28 seconds ago
    More
    36’ Placide claims a corner, plays it quickly to Nepomuceno who cuts inside and crosses but it’s too close to the goalkeeper who claims. 1-0
  • Not a massive win. But better than a poke in the eye.

imageimage

Drinks are on ricky !!!!!
  • edited January 2018

Lots of the ball so far. Not much penetration. But Ricky did hit the bar and Mavadidi has put us in front, albeit via a deflection but was an excellent run to get into a scoring position.

Someone managing to dribble past a few players looks our only creative outlet right now.

How KAG is being kept out by either one of Marshall and Mag right now is beyond me. Both look utterly devoid of confidence.

Think Meg has looked better today, but largely agree. I think the big difference with him up front is that when the ball goes forward it is far more likely to stick than it is with KAG.
  • I can feel another new era coming on.

Piles?
  • Sponsored links:

• That corner delivery was better but we’ll taken by their keeper.
  • 38'
    Mark Marshall (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

Posted at
    38'
    Foul by Brian Wilson (Oldham Athletic).
  • Is Roland there today?
  • 41' Green sends a low shot well off target from 25 yards for the visitors. #cafc
  • Whatever Marshall had that made him so good for Bradford last year is well and truly missing at the moment.

Playing like a shit Callum Harriott.

Will the new owners trust KR with money for transfers, Marshall, Reeves, Page
  • Decent cross by Marshall, I thought.
  • Pigott scores for Maidstone is anyone interested, nothing else to report
  • Another booking for us while they get scot-free.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!