Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formal Complaint made re Katrien Meire LinkedIn profile

Comments

• cabbles said:

On a general note, Linkedin represents the very worst of the human race. I go on it because I have to for lead sourcing, but some of the self satisfied smug shit people put on there is shocking. It really is a site where people just put updates about how great they are

I have to resist tearing into total strangers to let them know what tossers they are because the site is unfortunately still a ‘professional network’

if they're a 'total stranger' how do you know they're 'tossers'?

Prejudice me thinks!!!
    I can only go on what they write on their status updates, and I did say ‘some’

One guy wrote something about pulling up a waiter at a top London hotel because whilst he was with a client, he could hear that waiter laughing with another waiter in the background. He said he felt it his duty to point out the error in the waiter’s ways and inform the hotel management. He didn’t say the waiter was bellowing or being overtly over the top. What a great guy he was for doing this
  • This is why other clubs fans taunt us.

It's why other Charlton fans elsewhere taunt us.
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

On a general note, Linkedin represents the very worst of the human race. I go on it because I have to for lead sourcing, but some of the self satisfied smug shit people put on there is shocking. It really is a site where people just put updates about how great they are

I have to resist tearing into total strangers to let them know what tossers they are because the site is unfortunately still a ‘professional network’

if they're a 'total stranger' how do you know they're 'tossers'?

Prejudice me thinks!!!
    I can only go on what they write on their status updates, and I did say ‘some’

One guy wrote something about pulling up a waiter at a top London hotel because whilst he was with a client, he could hear that waiter laughing with another waiter in the background. He said he felt it his duty to point out the error in the waiter’s ways and inform the hotel management. He didn’t say the waiter was bellowing or being overtly over the top. What a great guy he was for doing this
    On the other hand, me and millions of others have LinkedIn profiles that are nothing more than online CVs, because, unfortunately, most people who work in recruitment are lazy thick cunts who want you to do your work for them. The site is a necessary evil.
    Yes please close the thread !
  • Delete the thread. It's ridiculous. She's history and Meire's believes history doesn't matter so can be deleted or ignored freely.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Delete the thread. It's ridiculous. She's history and Meire's believes history doesn't matter so can be deleted or ignored freely.

Somewhat contradictory posting as you appear to be using Meire's own ludicrous approach to CAFC history as a legitimate and valid arguing point in this debate? Really?

Also, am I allowed to say 'move on'? I advised putting this thread to bed ages ago and it has in any event evolved into a sister thread (Counting the Days until Katrien Meire etc etc) which can be ignored or followed whatever is your preference. Now that one will close down on the day she gets round to acting professionally for her numerous English and European contacts. Enjoy.

• embarrassing thread
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    The last word??

Responses on the OP to this thread have included the opinion that it was vindictive (i.e. to make any complaint) to that which might be suggested was at the other end of the spectrum - that it was petty.
    Someone else cited 'ridiculous'.

If we look at these claims:

vindictive: having or showing a strong or unreasoning desire for revenge.
    Well no, it can hardly equate to any form of revenge in any reasonable analysis (so IMO not unreasonable given, as explained previously that Meire sets a lot of store on personal and professional image).

so. petty (of little importance; trivial)?
    Yes, this is probably closer to the mark but even so the response from LinkedIn to the complaint would suggest otherwise:

We're notifying the alleged infringer that the content will be removed within fourteen (14) days, unless we receive a valid Counter-Notice. If a valid Counter-Notice form is submitted, we'll let you know.

We're treating your claim seriously and as a result, it may take some time to process it.

No such Counter-Notice was given and Meire, at some time in the past 24 hours, has removed her profile from the site (no doubt to work-in an update before re-instating).

Probably of little consequence but it does technically bring an end to Meire's association with Charlton, one which she was not entitled too beyond 1st Jan but nevertheless held on to for another 10days.

Did it matter in the greater scheme of things?

Probably not - but its over now and this time I must keep to the promise not to post again on this thread.

Thank you for all your comments and feedback - it was very instructive to see how opinions can be so widely divergent -perhaps we are in need of VAR.

• Well done John. Neither petty nor vindictive, but targeted would be my definition. She has helped to destroy our football club and was a valid target. Will it be petty and vindictive when she gets pelters if and when she next comes to The Valley with her other cloob? Yes, of course she will; this was just a different kind of missile aimed at her direction, and well aimed it was too looking at the response you had from LI.

Good lad!
  • Jesus...she's walked out on us, but lets not get all jealous of Wednesday. Just try to remember all the good times we shared. Yeah?
  • Get a life FFS
  • Keep digging that hole mate.

I've lost a LinkedIn connection :(
  • The last word??

Responses on the OP to this thread have included the opinion that it was vindictive (i.e. to make any complaint) to that which might be suggested was at the other end of the spectrum - that it was petty.
    Someone else cited 'ridiculous'.

If we look at these claims:

vindictive: having or showing a strong or unreasoning desire for revenge.
    Well no, it can hardly equate to any form of revenge in any reasonable analysis (so IMO not unreasonable given, as explained previously that Meire sets a lot of store on personal and professional image).

so. petty (of little importance; trivial)?
    Yes, this is probably closer to the mark but even so the response from LinkedIn to the complaint would suggest otherwise:

We're notifying the alleged infringer that the content will be removed within fourteen (14) days, unless we receive a valid Counter-Notice. If a valid Counter-Notice form is submitted, we'll let you know.

We're treating your claim seriously and as a result, it may take some time to process it.

No such Counter-Notice was given and Meire, at some time in the past 24 hours, has removed her profile from the site (no doubt to work-in an update before re-instating).

Probably of little consequence but it does technically bring an end to Meire's association with Charlton, one which she was not entitled too beyond 1st Jan but nevertheless held on to for another 10days.

Did it matter in the greater scheme of things?

Probably not - but its over now and this time I must keep to the promise not to post again on this thread.

Thank you for all your comments and feedback - it was very instructive to see how opinions can be so widely divergent -perhaps we are in need of VAR.

Sounds like mission accomplished.

You probably gave her a few linkiden related sleepless nights till the point where she could no longer handle it
  • Pathetic.
  • edited January 2018
    KM just sent me a selfie on snapchat with nothing but scarfy to cover her modesty. Who do I write a complaint to?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Delete the thread. It's ridiculous. She's history and Meire's believes history doesn't matter so can be deleted or ignored freely.

Somewhat contradictory posting as you appear to be using Meire's own ludicrous approach to CAFC history as a legitimate and valid arguing point in this debate? Really?

Also, am I allowed to say 'move on'? I advised putting this thread to bed ages ago and it has in any event evolved into a sister thread (Counting the Days until Katrien Meire etc etc) which can be ignored or followed whatever is your preference. Now that one will close down on the day she gets round to acting professionally for her numerous English and European contacts. Enjoy.

Then why did you resurrect it after three days, when the previous 3 posts all said 'delete the thread'?!
  • Her new employer is a head-case. Out of the frying pan into the fire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there truth in the rumour that she found another club because Roland went back on his word to her about January investment to strengthen the squad?
  • I almost feel like apologising to her.
  • edited January 2018
    She really cocked the club up but there would be something poetic if even she walked away because of his incompetence and dishonesty :) I still haven't got a good word to say for and never will have for what she did.
  • ... Why does the name 'Ben Odeje' go through my mind whenever I see this thread...?
  • Unbelievably she was head hunted,
  • Dazzler21 said:

Then why did you resurrect it after three days, when the previous 3 posts all said 'delete the thread'?!
    He wouldnt let it Lie!.
  • edited January 2018
    As each day passes Meire's move looks shrewder and shrewder.
    She knew how the old scroat was going to play this sale and probably knew it wouldn't happen at all.
    She'd be left as the CEO of a company that would then look to be cutting and saving at every opportunity.
    And would you want to be the face of the regime when quite possibly players are leaving left right and centre and not being replaced, basic club upkeep is not being adhered to and players and staff that are left are being payed late or not at all.And all the while this is unraveling your superior is skulking away hundreds of miles away with his phone off the hook!
    Ok this hasn't happened..YET. But I do wonder if Daisy had a feeling it might be on the cards.
  • As each day passes Meire's move looks shrewder and shrewder.
    She knew how the old scroat was going to play this sale and probably knew it wouldn't happen at all.
    She'd be left as the CEO of a company that would then look to be cutting and saving at every opportunity.
    And would you want to be the face of the regime when quite possibly players are leaving left right and centre and not being replaced, basic club upkeep is not being adhered to and players and staff that are left are being payed late or not at all.And all the while this is unraveling your superior is skulking away hundreds of miles away with his phone off the hook!
    Ok this hasn't happened..YET. But I do wonder if Daisy had a feeling it might be on the cards.

I'm sure she did.
  • edited January 2018
    She and Roland are as thick as thieves. THEY are the only ones that know what's going on.
    We are the mugs left guessing and paying for Rolands vanity project.