Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Oldham | Sat 06 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

1235»

Comments

• Redhenry said:

Konsa starts, passed fitness test

Didn't know that was an issue, but that's a relief. Hopefully Bauer is back today.
  • Are people leaving Reeves out of their suggested line ups because he’s injured or because he’s cack? Just wondered as I hadn’t heard that he was injured and he is most definitely cack.

Reeves isn’t ‘cack’, the problem is Sarr. We are asking him to play a game at the moment that he’s not suited for and he’s drawing attackers to him because he’s a chocolate teapot faced with hot water if he hasn’t got BFG there and he’s also expected to start each play when we have the ball and he can only play it to the left or to the right and when that stalls the player with the ball boots it across field to the other wing and leaves our midfield totally out of the play. We need somebody at the back who plays it to the guys in the midfield and let them run the show
    Er, did you see the Wigan game by any chance? Sarr was absolutely immense.
  • Redhenry said:

Konsa starts, passed fitness test

I never knew he was an injury doubt!
  • SDAddick said:

Are people leaving Reeves out of their suggested line ups because he’s injured or because he’s cack? Just wondered as I hadn’t heard that he was injured and he is most definitely cack.

Reeves isn’t ‘cack’, the problem is Sarr. We are asking him to play a game at the moment that he’s not suited for and he’s drawing attackers to him because he’s a chocolate teapot faced with hot water if he hasn’t got BFG there and he’s also expected to start each play when we have the ball and he can only play it to the left or to the right and when that stalls the player with the ball boots it across field to the other wing and leaves our midfield totally out of the play. We need somebody at the back who plays it to the guys in the midfield and let them run the show
    Sarr is a fantastic player up until the point the opposition target him and put him personally under pressure. If he’s got somebody solid alongside him calling the shots he shines, if he hasn’t he melts and our game plan goes to shit.
  • I think sarrs main issue last few games is that he has been asked to play right of the pairing instead of left due to Lennon coming in. This forces him onto his weak foot too often and that is always a catalyst for mistakes.
  • I think sarrs main issue last few games is that he has been asked to play right of the pairing instead of left due to Lennon coming in. This forces him onto his weak foot too often and that is always a catalyst for mistakes.

Agreed, and I think the other issue has been playing next to Lennon who I think has looked poor.

Yes Sarr is definitely helped by having a more experienced player next to him, but I don't think he's absolutely crumbled every time opponents target him.
  • Shall I wait up until 11pm for the match thread and a possible goal fest ?

No.

Oh plesse do...
    I'm in woopwoop, dodgy internet, i need some verve !!!
    Do them Mavididi do them good !!!
    You've talked me into it but where exactly is Woopwoop ?
  • SDAddick said:

Are people leaving Reeves out of their suggested line ups because he’s injured or because he’s cack? Just wondered as I hadn’t heard that he was injured and he is most definitely cack.

Sarr is a fantastic player up until the point the opposition target him and put him personally under pressure. If he’s got somebody solid alongside him calling the shots he shines, if he hasn’t he melts and our game plan goes to shit.
    I think you are saying Sarr would be a great player if the opposing team did not exist. The poster on the Shrimpers' forum had a point when he said Sarr looked as if he had won a competition to play in the debacle at Roots Hall. A few days later, both Sarr and Kashi were outmuscled and left for dead by Eaves, who then crossed for Gillingham's first goal. We need better players.

• edited January 2018
    SDAddick said:

He only does aways if it's localish :wink:
  • Most of our players would be excellent if they were not tormented by top notch sides like Gillingham and Oldham.

Gobbinson would be a top notch manager if points were awarded for interminable waffle.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!