Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would you go to watch Charlton on your wedding day..?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I saw Charlton lose FA cup 3rd round on 19th Feb 2005 against Leicester the day after my wedding. Now separated!
  • Options

I saw Charlton lose FA cup 3rd round on 19th Feb 2005 against Leicester the day after my wedding. Now separated!

....... and happy!
  • Options
    I boxed clever and got married the closed season of 2005 - not even any conflict with a World Cup or Euros, let alone Charlton.
  • Options
    It would have to be an away game, not a penny more... :wink:
  • Options
    Not my own but twice been to a wedding, then to Charlton game and back to the wedding party after.
  • Options
    I'd have loved to, fortunately I got married on a Friday giving my guests an early start to the weekend and leaving no risk of fixture clashes
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Not my own but twice been to a wedding, then to Charlton game and back to the wedding party after.

Yep i done that against spurs years ago.
    When Flanagan scored his hatrick.
    Went to the wedding then drove to Charlton missing a sit down meal at the Bromley court hotel.(pissing off girlfriend).
    Then back for pissup in the evening.
  • Options
    It crossed my mind in October, then decided to settle on mentioning missing it and checking the score in my speech. Was all written and happy with what I was going to say and then it was called off due to international call-ups!
  • Options
    My parents got married on the same day we played Millwall back in 1970.

You will all be shocked to know we lost 2-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Derek Hales' wife married my son, we all missed a home game, dunno what Killer was up to.

This doesn't read well (I was finishing the Christmas whisky last night).

The registrar at my sons wedding realised there was a large Charlton contingent present and said 'My surname is Hales and my husband Derek used to play for Charlton - you may have heard of him ... funnily enough ...
    Thanks for the clarification - I was curious on what you meant !
  • Options
    When the wedding was being booked I said there is no way we can marry during the football season as I couldn’t miss a Charlton game! So we married in June and divorced 10 years later!
  • Options
    Nope, no chance. When the Almighty sees fit to bless our sceptered planet with a being worthy of espousal to me then there isn't a sporting event that could possibly distract me from my nuptial day. Certainly not the pissant stumblings of a half-cocked, mismanaged, fucktard led, third division disintegrating football team, however much longer my relationship with it has been.
  • Options
    I wish I had gone to Charlton instead of the church. Maybe then I wouldn't have seen all my money get spunked away by some one who after twenty five years managed to destroy everything we had built up over that time in a ridiculously short time frame just because she decided that what we had wasn't really what she wanted.

oh, hang on perhaps it wouldn't have been that different.
  • Options
    Who books a wedding during the football season? Seriously poor planning.

Slightly adjacent though, the MD of a company I was working for came to work one morning, took an extended lunch @noon to get married and was back in the office by 2. Who says romance is dead?
  • Options
    Dear o dear, followed match thread during brand new in laws speeches at my daughter's wedding (a glance followed by quick word or two), got caught too... no rehab...
  • Options

That’s the day I got married 4pm in Greenwich , score updates coming through on phone before serivice and as soon as I got in car afterwards I got informed of Dion Dublin’s last minute winner , oh such joy .

We’re still together it’s been a painful journey and I’ll be honest at this moment in time I hate them and would definitely have a trial separation if it wasn’t for the kids .
    As for the wife all good , so far......

%ever after..?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Derek Hales' wife married my son, we all missed a home game, dunno what Killer was up to.

The registrar at my sons wedding realised there was a large Charlton contingent present and said 'My surname is Hales and my husband Derek used to play for Charlton - you may have heard of him ... funnily enough ...
    It sounded like he was saying Darek Hayles was his son.

Darek Hayles wife married my son
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

It sounded like he was saying Darek Hayles was his son.

Darek Hayles wife married my son
    Hales
  • Options
    I sometimes wish I'd gone to an away game, say on the moon or some far flung outpost.