Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kiely to join Palace

2»

Comments

• Options
    Definitely the best keeper i have seen with us since I can remember (early 70s). Saw him make his Ireland debut as well, with @guinnessaddick, when he came on at half-time for Given and kept a clean sheet against Turkey. Beaming with pride when a few old fellas in front were trying to work out who he was and I was able to say "Charlton's keeper" :smiley:
  • Options
    Please God, don't let this be true.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    TelMc32 said:

Definitely the best keeper i have seen with us since I can remember (early 70s). Saw him make his Ireland debut as well, with @guinnessaddick, when he came on at half-time for Given and kept a clean sheet against Turkey. Beaming with pride when a few old fellas in front were trying to work out who he was and I was able to say "Charlton's keeper" :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq4ZuSsT0Ps

@TelMc32 think you had too many, the only thing Deano did was pick the ball out of the net. Kept a clean sheet in the 2nd leg.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq4ZuSsT0Ps

@TelMc32 think you had too many, the only thing Deano did was pick the ball out of the net. Kept a clean sheet in the 2nd leg.
    Too much to drink you say? At an Ireland game you say??

Yeah, could be right there @guinnessaddick!!! :wink:
  • Options
    I remember a 1-0 at home v Spurs when it would have been about 5-1 to Spurs but for Deano being in unbelievable form that day.
  • Options
    Interesting read. Love the way he ends the interview with a line out of the Lee Bowyer Interviewing Handbook. 
  • Options
    Love Deano.
    He doesn't say a lot about how Harry treated him at Pompey - signed him as first choice keeper, then bought another first choice keeper shortly afterwards.
  • Options
    good article
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sounds like a bitter ex employee
  • Options
    Love his emotion and desire. Top man. respect.
  • Options
    Agree, doesn't sound bitter, like his honesty.
  • Options
    Great keeper and a legend for us. Cant look at him in palace garb though.
  • Options
    Great article, and just another one that highlights how big Peter Varney was to charlton! Don’t think I’ve ever read a bad comment about him and his efforts for charlton- would amazing if he managed to come back!
  • Options
    Not the first time that Curbs limitations in man-management have been highlighted.  He was excellent with his team, but God forbid you fell out of favour and the first 11/team.  You were pretty much left adrift and completely ignored.  

No surprise with the high praise for PV...can’t imagine many would be able to say the same about Meire.

I hadn’t realised Deano’s clean sheet record was so good. 1 in 3 is a bloody amazing stat & shows what a great keeper he was.  
  • Options
    I’d forgotten about Diawara...good grief
  • Options
    Nobody ever comments on how bloody excellent Kiely was; just on his errant kicking
    Yeah should comment on his errant hair too!!
    Okay to me that looks like Thomas Driesen....Sorry Deano.