Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aussie flu survivors?

13»

Comments

• Options
    It's an ill wind & all that, but I was struck down to the extent of missing the Gills game - i can't remember the last time I missed a game through sickness. Deffo more than a normal cold or mild fever..if you'd heard me coughing my way through a client meeting this morning you'd have got the picture...
  • Options
    I've had something far worse than a cold for about 2 weeks now. Was laid up in bed & couldn't move for 3 or 4 days. I'm coming towards the end of it now, but still don't have much of an appetite. I don't know whether it was this Aussie flu or not, but I can confidently say it's the worst I've ever felt
  • Options
    You can realise how bloody dangerous these viruses are for the elderly......without exaggeration, they can be life threatening!
  • Options

You can realise how bloody dangerous these viruses are for the elderly......without exaggeration, they can be life threatening!

A pandemic of Spanish flu between 1918-1920 killed more people that the 1st world war. Estimates are between 50m and 100m deaths. Weirdly, healthy adults were worse affected than the elderly or children.

• Options
    edited January 2018

I've had something far worse than a cold for about 2 weeks now. Was laid up in bed & couldn't move for 3 or 4 days. I'm coming towards the end of it now, but still don't have much of an appetite. I don't know whether it was this Aussie flu or not, but I can confidently say it's the worst I've ever felt

Pretty much the same, except having the squirts as well.
    However, I am pleased to say I managed a fart today without any repercussions.
    I see this as a quite a milestone in my battle back to normality.

Today's fart could be tomorrow's Belgrano.
    Here's hoping.