Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aussie flu survivors?

Comments

• Options
    You kids of today.....bunch ‘a bleeding woosies!
    LOL!
    Nasty cold virus isn’t the flu.......we knew the fecking difference back in the day!
    Never used the word flu unless you were absolutely out for the count.....nowadays the word is thrown around like confetti at a wedding....man up ya Jessie’s!
  • Options

LOL!
    Nasty cold virus isn’t the flu.......we knew the fecking difference back in the day!
    Never used the word flu unless you were absolutely out for the count.....nowadays the word is thrown around like confetti at a wedding....man up ya Jessie’s!

Is the flu your daughter or something? Your obsession with people not having it is odd
    Whoooosh!
  • Options

LOL!

Is the flu your daughter or something? Your obsession with people not having it is odd
    Whoooosh!
  • Options
    To be quite serious for a moment, flu wasn’t a word used that much when I was a little kid growing up back in the 50’s and it has been a word that’s gradually become a ‘catch all’ for anything from a sore throat to the real thing.
    I had real flu only the once in my life when I was in my early 20’s and lost 3 or 4 days out of my life virtually comatose and didn’t care if I lived or died.
    Way too many folk nowadays call the common cold the flu, which of course it isn’t.
  • Options

LOL!

Whoooosh!
    There goes @Robbo on the wing again !

Bet he wishes he'd bought shares in Andrex.

( Really hope you feel better soon , mate )
  • Options
    Congratulations @Leroy Ambrose
  • Options
    Yeah Seems to have slipped under the radar.
    Congrats @Leroy Ambrose
  • Options
    That's great news congratulations mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bloody Aussie consortium coming over here spreading their diseases then bottling out at the last minute.

Those Austrians are made of much sterner stuff.
  • Options

Rubbish the pair of you.......if you had the flu you’d be in your bed semi conscious, sweating like mad with a high temperature and certainly unable to use a keyboard.
    You both have heavy colds not the f’ing flu!
    What is the difference between a cold and the flu?
    You’re lying in bed and a £50 note floats

Rubbish the pair of you.......if you had the flu you’d be in your bed semi conscious, sweating like mad with a high temperature and certainly unable to use a keyboard.
    You both have heavy colds not the f’ing flu!
    What is the difference between a cold and the flu?
    You’re lying in bed and a £50 note floats past your window.
    If you have a cold you’ll drag yourself out of bed and go and get it.
    If you have the flu you won’t give a shyte and stay EXACTLY where you are.

Absolute, utter bollocks. The missus has been diagnosed with it, I've got the same thing but my immune system is a bit stronger than hers - on account of me not having given birth a few weeks ago. I've had flu three times in my life, I know the difference between flu and a cold ffs. Also - not sure if you're aware of this, but there's a new invention called a 'smartphone'. Pretty handy as it means you don't need to drag a keyboard around with you when you want to type
  • Options
    Trying to bold a quote on phone grr

This was in Leroys post

The missus has been diagnosed with it, I've got the same thing but my immune system is a bit stronger than hers - on account of me not having given birth a few weeks ago
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    MrOneLung said:

Trying to bold a quote on phone grr

This was in Leroys post

The missus has been diagnosed with it, I've got the same thing but my immune system is a bit stronger than hers - on account of me not having given birth a few weeks ago

Saw it too but as Leroy did not elaborate didn't comment in case things are not straightforward.
  • Options
    I had flu or something similar once, felt shit for a few days and then as my immune system was low I contracted pneumonia and was in hospital for a week.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

To be quite serious for a moment, flu wasn’t a word used that much when I was a little kid growing up back in the 50’s and it has been a word that’s gradually become a ‘catch all’ for anything from a sore throat to the real thing.
    I had real flu only the once in my life when I was in my early 20’s and lost 3 or 4 days out of my life virtually comatose and didn’t care if I lived or died.
    Way too many folk nowadays call the common cold the flu, which of course it isn’t.

Screenshot_20180104-233614
  • Options

I used to have to get up 3 hours before I went to bed and I'd be killed before breakfast and my dad would make me eat hot gravel before doing 29 hours down pit...
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Eat gravel, luxury, bloody luxury ......you lucky lucky bastard, we were only allowed to gargle it.
    Agh......them were the days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've always managed to avoid the dreaded flu and in recent years had the flu jab also. However, it seems the jab this year (as last year) is only 20% effective. Apparently there are two jabs available the trivalent and the quadrivalent the latter is the more effective as it offers protection against an additional strain (useful this year apparently).

Most GPs will dish out the cheaper trivalent and I don't suppose you'd get a choice to be honest, but if you ever decide to pay for your own vaccine at the chemists its probably worth asking what is available and its effectiveness.

Nb.Trivalent vaccines protect against two influenza A strains, H1N1 and H3N2, and one influenza B strain. The quadrivalent flu vaccines protect against the same strains as the trivalent vaccine, as well as an extra influenza B virus.

• Options
    Father in law had swineflumanbola over Christmas. He was absolutely knocked sideways and this is s man who just doesn’t do I’ll. he’s bulletproof.

Stepsister was off the week before Christmas and is still sick now.

Seems more than a cold and is pretty nasty by all accounts. Definitely think it’s more than a common cold. Stay safe people
  • Options

Ummm... I should probably not have been so flippant when I posted that! For full disclosure, she DID give birth - but it was as a surrogate, thank fuck. I can barely look after myself, let alone a baby! Thanks for the kind words though folks - the baby was fine and (kidney infection aside) the missus was too :lol:

Wow. Fair play to your missus.
  • Options
    It definitely appears to have knocked a lot of people sideways. Sounds particularly nasty.
  • Options

Eat gravel, luxury, bloody luxury ......you lucky lucky bastard, we were only allowed to gargle it.
    Agh......them were the days.

Well we had it tough...
  • Options
    3blokes said:

It definitely appears to have knocked a lot of people sideways. Sounds particularly nasty.

Could do well in our midfield.
  • Options
    Worse than a cold, not as bad as being comatose - if I was at home I'd be in bed for sure, but had some 'can't miss' stuff at work so hauled myself in. Already getting dirty looks!
  • Options

Worse than a cold, not as bad as being comatose - if I was at home I'd be in bed for sure, but had some 'can't miss' stuff at work so hauled myself in. Already getting dirty looks!

That's how I got my user name, by dragging myself into work when particularly poorly once.
  • Options
    Can't say for sure if it was this so called Aussie flu, but came down with something like this a week before xmas. Day 1 & 2, I couldn't get out of bed and just laid there burning up and shivvering and constantly drifting in & out of sleep. Day 3, I was determined to get out of bed and just huddled up on the sofa. In the afternoon I came out to my man cave and swiftly passed out in the garden, laying there unconscious for at least 10 mins. Took about 5 days to be back on my feet and am only now feeling close to being back to 100%..............
  • Options
    Don't worry your super son was there to help you in your dieing hours

Yes I and the wife had it over Christmas, it was the worse I felt in many year, we both had 10 days of not being able to eat, whilst feeling extremely ill, neither of us had a high temperature, but we were both semi conscious for most of the 10 days we didn’t eat, after 3 weeks I have managed to slowly get back to work and doing around 4 to 5 hours a day for this week, still feeling ill and when I get in I totally knackered and sleep for a couple of hours. I went down the doctors before Christmas and they said there’s nothing they can give you and basically it’s a matter of time, however they did insist that I didn’t go out or meet anyone for around a week.