Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson fears he can make no further signings (Jan 4th)

Comments

• Options
    “It’s hard for everybody, we know we need to bring in players and we are still doing a lot of work behind the scenes. There are six that I want to bring in and I know probably four of them would walk in this door tomorrow if they could.”

This I imagine is for the benefit of the new owners & fans, because he knows as well as us, that line would be wasted on Roland take over or no takeover.
  • Options
    Well Fosu is nearly back - Robinson has to knuckle down and start getting results with what he has got. Roland was never going to back him in this Window and if nothing happens either way, it will probably be our best window under him since he bought us. Not saying much but true.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

I have tried today to sit back and take this in, at any other club or even here under different ownership it is quite an exceptional interview.

Because of the mess we are in it loses context a little as we just shrug it off as another kick in the bollox.

Being so pissed off after the Southend & Gillingham performances, I was signing up to the Robinson out camp, so far we have seen a lack of ability to adapt tactically, the rushung back of injured players and a lot of talk about pride, passion and wanting to make us happy. This was often then tainted with the 'hands up, head back' routine where his says 'listen, I'll be honest with you, the owner and Katrien, who I know you dont like, have been fantastic..blah blah. It seems like I have heard it a hundred times.

Now is the time for him to move on from it, yes we are in limbo until a takeover but my reading is if Roland were to stay he would be under resourced and f*cked. If Roland were to go on current form he would be undervalued and sacked.

So come on Robbo, tell it the way we all know it is, call Roland out proper as a twat, offer him outside, he is less likely to to turn up than @northstandsteve and we will all get behind you saturday against Oldham. We feel your pain...

He might as well as he has nothing to lose.

He's out of a job shortly so he could open up a bit more.
  • Options
    He won’t say anything yet but everything in this interview is exit strategy

So fucking annoying that it’s playing out as I feared

Can’t wait for it to be over
  • Options
    I feel for KR - we all know the owner and his CEO are compulsive liars. I think he actually believed what they told him.
  • Options

“Since I walked in the door over 12 months ago, I’ve been nothing but straight with people. People can see the style I want to play and people can also see the style that we’re not playing at the moment.

You mean 4231? Yes, everyone including the other managers can see that.

But if we played 442 every week no one would be talking about the tactics and every other manager would still know what formation we were going to play.
  • Options
    Having just listened to the actual interview, thanks @LouisMend I do have a lot of sympathy for him. It must be very frustrating for him as it is us.

I am now even more convinced that for RD its over, finished and he knows it. Glad I listened to it.
  • Options

“Since I walked in the door over 12 months ago, I’ve been nothing but straight with people. People can see the style I want to play and people can also see the style that we’re not playing at the moment.

But if we played 442 every week no one would be talking about the tactics and every other manager would still know what formation we were going to play.
    Disagree. The issue isnt the formation itself but that we won't change it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He changed it just 2 games ago away to Wigan.
  • Options

Defensively though by parking the bus, what about offensively when we have to take it to teams at the Valley and are failing miserably.
  • Options

And immediately changed it back v Gills and we went 2 - 0 down. He changed it 2nd half to 442 and we looked decent.
  • Options

And immediately changed it back v Gills and we went 2 - 0 down. He changed it 2nd half to 442 and we looked decent.
    So what you're saying is he will change it.
  • Options
    Yikes
  • Options

So what you're saying is he will change it.
    No, I'm saying he won't change it as he always reverts back to it. It's his default so he won't change it on more than a very temporary basis.
  • Options
    Don’t worry Karl, you’ll soon be employed by Sheffield Wednesday
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    We desperately need players so this is bad news. However, it’ll be worth it if it means he really is selling. I can’t believe Blackstock’s wages will be that high though so surely there’s money for him. (Assuming there’s anything in that).
  • Options

Best has been a disaster of a signing, I didn’t know he was out for a year??

According to reports at the time, Robinson said we could only sign him until January..
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

We desperately need players so this is bad news. However, it’ll be worth it if it means he really is selling. I can’t believe Blackstock’s wages will be that high though so surely there’s money for him. (Assuming there’s anything in that).

Blackstock ?? sorry, have I missed something or have I been whoosed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    limeygent said:

“It’s hard for everybody, we know we need to bring in players and we are still doing a lot of work behind the scenes. There are six that I want to bring in and I know probably four of them would walk in this door tomorrow if they could.”

"But they're already on crutches."

Oh those Scousers... they are natural fucking comedians!
  • Options

I've just watched the full interview with Karl, he is quite clearly very annoyed, and looks as though a few times he either really wanted to let rip or cry. I hope the takeover is completed quickly and KR is given the opportunity to get in who he wants, is given full support by the new owner(s) and us the fans. One thing he said that really got to me was (and I'm para-phrasing) that this club is good club to buy, its got good fans and whoever comes in will be an immediate hero. He is more worried about the club than himself, and he speaks of the hard work going on, by his team, behind the scenes, getting players lined up to come in.
    Once again this is another piece of abject failure by RD and sad to say RM as well. I've taken time to reflect on what Karl has said and he needs our support, NOT RD, but Karl. RD's experiment has failed and failed abysmally, he now needs to walk away, take the best offer on the table and give the new owners a chance to aim for promotion this season.
    If RD strings this out surely he can see he will LOSE even more money, so MR RD, use your business brain, and go, for the love of god just go, swallow your misguided pride and accept it.

We're just deluded or stupid if we believe him though Red. Don't even know if those saying it have seen the footage!
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

Apparently is linked and was at the Gillingham game.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

Apparently is linked and was at the Gillingham game.
    Bet he left at half time :wink:
  • Options

Well Fosu is nearly back - Robinson has to knuckle down and start getting results with what he has got. Roland was never going to back him in this Window and if nothing happens either way, it will probably be our best window under him since he bought us. Not saying much but true.

Slightly off-topic but am I right in thinking Fosu got injured in the CHecktrade? If so, surprised KR hasn't got more criticism for playing our then most in-form player in a nothing match knowing how important he was to his system
  • Options
    What does WIOTOS mean?
  • Options

Slightly off-topic but am I right in thinking Fosu got injured in the CHecktrade? If so, surprised KR hasn't got more criticism for playing our then most in-form player in a nothing match knowing how important he was to his system
    Didnt he play one game after that Portsmouth match yet your right thats probably when the damage was done.

We'd both Qualified as well
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    _nam11 said:

What does WIOTOS mean?

Oh @_nam11 mate, good job Henners hasn't seen this When It's On The Official Site. In Other words don't count your chickens until they have hatched :wink: