Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson fears he can make no further signings (Jan 4th)

Comments

• Options

Utterly depressing but equally utterly predictable.

Would have been the same had there been no takeover discussions.

Exactly. Cant help think that Robinson knows this as well and is using the hard done by angle in that interview. He knew full well what he was in for when he joined.
    Not sure he did tbh. He was probably fed bullshit by KM and possibly RD, the same way the fans have been
    Im not sure i can have that, when the same people had employed, let down and sacked 6 managers before him.
    Fare Fair comment.

I've stupidly worked for people with bad reputations for one thing or other, and got me fingers burnt though.
    Fixed it for you.
    Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I can’t truthfully say I blame RD for zipping up the old wallet now. If we have to limp along in mid-table for the rest of the season we can at least be hopeful that we’ll have a good clearout and a proper go at promotion next season.

Fare comment

Nearly made me cry though
  • Options
    I'll give you that one
  • Options
    RD has acknowledged that the club is worth more in the CCC than L1 but cannot see that a side with one foot in the play-offs is more valuable than one in mid-table. Deluded fool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Well this is hardly a surprise. Only thing that shocks me is that Robinson either believed he would be able to get players in, or that he had the front to come up with such a bare faced LIE, and thought we would believe him.

Either option be littles him in my book. Whilst not saying get rid, if he left tomorrow I would not be the slightest bit bothered. I believe he is now part of the problem, and not part of the solution.
  • Options
    clive said:
    A lot of ifs and buts there, until a take - over happens we're stuck in limbo. Let's just hope the remaining players that are still fit, can follow Jacko's example and roll their sleeve's up, put some effort in and start getting some results!
  • Options
    We are totally screwed for this season then, well unless Stephy finds his scoring boots
  • Options
    Missed It said:

If I was buying the club and Roland's faffing caused the deal to miss the transfer window I'm looking for a big discount for the wasted season and expense of another year in League One. He is delaying and trying to engineer a bidding war. Another genius plan, guaranteed to piss off his prospective buyers.

Yes exactly, RD could also give KR money to spend and just add whatever is spent onto the club value
  • Options
    edited January 2018

clive said:
    A lot of ifs and buts there, until a take - over happens we're stuck in limbo. Let's just hope the remaining players that are still fit, can follow Jacko's example and roll their sleeve's up, put some effort in and start getting some results!
    “This would be a great club to buy. There’s good people here and the fans will be supportive of everything you try to do, if it’s done respectfully and in the right way.

I can't think who he is talking about there

“Since I walked in the door over 12 months ago, I’ve been nothing but straight with people. People can see the style I want to play and people can also see the style that we’re not playing at the moment.

You mean 4231? Yes, everyone including the other managers can see that.

“I’m just as frustrated as anybody else about our recent results. The players only have to worry about the grass and we’ve got another big game coming up at the weekend. We win that and we could be one point from the play-offs.”

I'm not health expert but is smoking grass a good way for professional sportsmen to prepare for a game?
  • Options
    This is what I was trying to allude yo
    clive said:
    The 'takeover talk' bit sounds like a pitch from Roland.

Fella's desperate if you ask me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    uie2 said:

We are totally screwed for this season then, well unless Stephy finds his scoring boots

and a injury free Fosu gets back into his goalscoring form.
  • Options

clive said:

TBF, it's his job and he wants to hang onto it. Can't really blame him for that.
  • Options
    Well, we had a happy 12 hours when we found out Daisy had gone. Seems it's back to what passes for normal under Roland with knobs on. NO new players means the second half of the season is going to be depression mixed with lingering hopes of a sale.
  • Options

clive said:

TBF, it's his job and he wants to hang onto it. Can't really blame him for that.
    I meant Roland!
  • Options
    Is anyone surprised by this?
  • Options

PopIcon said:

Is anyone surprised by this?

This is why I get frustrated with people trying to push the Robinson out stuff.

It's obvious we are in a pickle and there is all sorts of nonsense going on behind the scenes.

The last thing we need is the fans at this moment in time adding additional onto the manager imo
    I'm not in the Robinson out camp. I'm in the we are screwed camp.
  • Options

clive said:

I meant Roland!
    my ba.... sorry my mistake
  • Options
    TBH, I’d rather we got players in on loan to the end of the season than buy them and surely a couple more of them could be accommodated in the books. As with Dasilva, the PL clubs must be awash with players that can do a very good job at L1 level and at this stage of the season they will be fit. The summer time is for buying players you really want, January is panic buying time.
  • Options
    It is not all bad news, as Karl Robinson says “ he has not been interferred with”!