Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson fears he can make no further signings (Jan 4th)

Comments

• Options

HarryLime said:

Don’t forget this period of limbo is all CARDs fault.
    If they hadn’t pushed Roly into a corner and made him want to sell he’d be funding a promotion push now.

Some people (not you Harry) want to blame the protests for everything bad but at the same time believe the protests didn't bother Roland and had no impact on him selling.

I think the term is cognitive dissonance
    Translation for those without a dictionary to hand: utter bollox.
  • Options
    I'm half expecting Gobby to get an offer from Wednesday that he cannot refuse.
  • Options
    I presume that karl will not be receiving any recommendations from thomas this transfer window...every cloud...
  • Options

Best has been a disaster of a signing, I didn’t know he was out for a year??

Hardly a disaster. A high risk in terms of his injuries and lack of fitness but low risk on cost as short term contract.

I thought he looked promising when he played and gutted for him that he's picked up another serious injury.

I hope the club let him use the rehab facilities at Sparrows Lane when and if he needs them.
    I hope his legs hold up whilst he’s stood in the queue outside....
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Maybe RM can get on the blower to Pussy Galore and get in a few Chef Wendy loans......after all, she loves the cloob.........................................allegedly!

No chance mate, londonowl reckons their owner collects players like vintage cars and keeps in a garage doesn't rather than putting put them on the forecourt for sale / loan :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Time to get Rico up front, he’s a tank on football manager. :smile:
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

If they hadn’t pushed Roly into a corner and made him want to sell he’d be funding a promotion push now.

First sentence is indeed what the 'site that shall not be named' are saying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At the moment, as this transfer window is not looking too exciting, I'm feeling a bit relieved that I have left my whelm hanging from the ceiling.
  • Options

Utterly depressing but equally utterly predictable.

Would have been the same had there been no takeover discussions.

Exactly. Cant help think that Robinson knows this as well and is using the hard done by angle in that interview. He knew full well what he was in for when he joined.
    Not sure he did tbh. He was probably fed bullshit by KM and possibly RD, the same way the fans have been

Exactly. Cant help think that Robinson knows this as well and is using the hard done by angle in that interview. He knew full well what he was in for when he joined.
    Not sure he did tbh. He was probably fed bullshit by KM and possibly RD, the same way the fans have been
    Of course he did, when at MK he called us a basket case of a club ............ probably the only time I've read a quote of his when I haven't thought "thats bullshit"
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Im not sure i can have that, when the same people had employed, let down and sacked 6 managers before him.
    Fare comment.

I've stupidly worked for people with bad reputations for one thing or other, and got me fingers burnt though.
    I thought you was the sole proprietor mate of your Newsagents shiop ? :wink:
  • Options
    Would expect prospective owners to have a view on promotion prospects for this season and to therefore have a plan should they takeover before the window closes. If the right players are available and want to come we’d surely have a good shot at the playoffs?

Also RD is probably hoping to leverage the ‘no-one in’ tactic to encourage the prospective buyers to move faster?
  • Options
    A while ago around one of the managerial searches, the advice was 'get it in writing'.
    Once again we have been in lovely people verbal assurance land.
    Robinson decided to trust the regime just as he asks people to trust him. If Robinson is a bit of a scally chancer in all this, he has been trumped by people who are massively bigger chancers and massively more unsupportive than he thought anybody could be.
    Somewhere inside Robinson he must have thought that the regime were serious about the progression of Charlton Athletic as a football club. Perhaps he simply couldn't countenance that something called a football club with sporting aims could really be the 'basket case' he thought it was. Welcome to Charlton Karl your pre-appointment description is at least one thing you have got spot on.
    The regime is not about football, we and Karl are. We are in a world of oil and water, of irresistible force and immovable objects, of pregnant men and flying submarines.
    Should've got it in writing Karl mate.
  • Options

Any guarantee he can change formation?

This is the ideal time. With no signings coming in, he should just change it. We got sussed a few months back with the 4-2-3-1 and a fully fit team (fosu etc).

Now we're so predictable. We've got Mavididi and Magennis has looked so isolated and crap up top on his own.

We're not going to suddenly rediscover the early season form if we keep doing what we've done with poorer players. It's worth just changing it

I'd have

Amos

Solly/Dijksteel Konsa Sarr Da Silva

Holmes Aribo Jackson Marshall

Mavididi Magennis

If Kashi is fit he takes JJ's place but I think we'd get more out of that team than the current tried and failing KR 4231
  • Options

A couple of thoughts having read KR's statement & other comments on here.

1) Could or would RM dip into his pocket to fund any signing ?? How much are we looking at - £250k ? (Keifer Moore). Or get all the directors to club together. I remember Parkinson paying for a player when he was in charge - maybe Robinson can do the same.

2) As we are now very unlikely going to sign anyone during January can we not recall ALL our players that are out on loan, including Ajose & Vetokele ?? It seems daft trying (and failing) to bring in a striker when we have 2 out on loan. They may not be what we really need, but they are better than nothing & they are OURS. Also, wouldn't any new owner want their assets in the building & not in some foreign field.

Just trying to think "outside of the box" as there doesn't seem to be any other options.

To respond to no. 2, it would firstly depend on the structure of the loan deal. In general deals for a full season cannot be ended early unless there is an agreement by both parties. Secondly, RD would have to sanction the extra cost on the wage bill. The clubs that loaned the players will at least be paying a contribution to the players wages and if they return, CAFC would have to fund the entire bill until the end of the season.
  • Options
    Best situation as I see it. We're not going up or down this season, so wait until we get a new broom to sweep out all the poisonous shit from the club and start fresh in the summer............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    What 'Other' Directors are we talking about putting their hands in their pockets Golfie?
  • Options
    Its how i thought this would pan out

Exit Strategy for Roland and for KR
  • Options
    What time they coming in for training?
  • Options
    If the takeover happens within this window, they may have their own targets - or at least the manager they have lined up may have them!
  • Options
    I'm really surprised, at the surprise at this, but then I don't generally believe this is news to KR.

We all suspect RD wasn't going to put his hand very deep into his pocket anyway and it would have been a net profit as Konsa was likely to be sold. As soon as KM resigned and RD held out the white flag he was never going to spend any more money than he had to unless it increased the sale price.

theres still a chance of a quick sale, but day by day that eats away at the transfer window.

I'd just accept it's highly unlikely that anyone will be signed on a perm deal and quite unlikely we'll see any more loans come in.

Even if there is a take over this weekend, we all suspect (as I'm sure KR does) that will mean a change of manager and therefore it'll all be too late anyway. Even if new owners give him some time I don't think it'd be this window that they invest in the squad KR wants.

2018/2019 Season champions with a record points tally for League one.
  • Options

Its how i thought this would pan out

Exit Strategy for KR

"I would have loved to have stayed and finished the job at Charlton but the owner disrespected me and won't led me sign the players I needed. I'm now looking forward to playing 4231 with the players I have here at Sheffield Wednesday. It's a massive club"
    where you can see how much it means to the fans, there the heart and soul of every club the fans and that who we play for the fans and aslong as there happy the fans then its good
  • Options

HarryLime said:

Some people (not you Harry) want to blame the protests for everything bad but at the same time believe the protests didn't bother Roland and had no impact on him selling.

I think the term is cognitive dissonance
    How could they have bothered him ? He was never f'king there !!
  • Options
    I can't see how anybody was seriously expecting anything than a disapointing window when every window under this owner has been disapointing and he is now selling the club. Anybody who want's to claim that if it were not for the sale he would have gone for it this month need to book themselves into the funny farm. Our best hope is the club is sold within the next couple of weeks and the new manager is lining players up for when it happens.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Im not sure i can have that, when the same people had employed, let down and sacked 6 managers before him.
    Fare Fair comment.

Fixed it for you.

I've stupidly worked for people with bad reputations for one thing or other, and got me fingers burnt though.