Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson fears he can make no further signings (Jan 4th)

Comments

• Laddick01 said:

When Robinson has no idea what’s going on at the club it really is a mess.

I just hope the takeover is dragging its heels due to the incompetence of RD/Meire , and doesn’t signal we are being bought by an equally inept owner.

Maybe it means that our new owners may know what they are doing and not taking any bullshit from RD.
  • Jesus what a depressing month. Everything just seems so bleak at the minute. Saying that why didn't we invest in August? When we had the chance. Smell BS from Robinson
  • Maybe RM can get on the blower to Pussy Galore and get in a few Chef Wendy loans......after all, she loves the cloob.........................................allegedly!
  • Jesus what a depressing month. Everything just seems so bleak at the minute. Saying that why didn't we invest in August? When we had the chance. Smell BS from Robinson

BS in that latest stuff about the takeover? I thought that was actually pretty heartfelt. It's a bit of a nightmare at the moment.
  • Getting his excuses in early for outside consumption and the next job application.
  • Would imagine that if Due Diligence were ongoing or even finished, that no costs can be added before a takeover goes through, that is without the agreement of the buyer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Best has been a disaster of a signing, I didn’t know he was out for a year??

Hardly a disaster. A high risk in terms of his injuries and lack of fitness but low risk on cost as short term contract.

I thought he looked promising when he played and gutted for him that he's picked up another serious injury.

I hope the club let him use the rehab facilities at Sparrows Lane when and if he needs them.
    I imagine the PFA may expect Charlton to pay Best while he is injured as he is a contracted player at the time of the injury, although it may be covered by insurance.
    that's normally the case isn't it? Happened with Rojo amongst others down the years. A disastrous signing and all so predictable as indeed it was by many on here.
  • Already posted on another thread but perhaps belongs here:

Well, if RD is still here on Feb 1st, you already know the rules of his game:

Out of contract players/free agents whom nobody wants. Dirt cheap.

• Limbo

Sir Henry is succinct and correct. The bar is now set so low that only Dasilva can get under it. Robinson will have to play the best hand he can now with the cards he's been dealt. If he wants a future at CAFC under the new ownership(sooner rather than later) he must demonstrate a flexible way of playing and somehow find a striker from within the club. Good luck with that problem Karl. Or walk away and let JJ and Bowyer be interim head coaches to the end of season when the situation can be reassessed under the new owner/s.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure if it is usual KR nonsense and spin or he really is that deluded in to thinking Roland was ever going to let him sign four of those six who are desperate to sign for us.
  • Think hes being honest there and it's no surprise. Could Murray reach into his pocket to keep this season going? Looks unlikely. Let's hope the buyers get this done fast. It's a bit of a mess right now.

Maybe for sentiments sake. As long as there aren't a load of people calling him a wanker and telling him to fuck off......oh, wait a sec

• Karl is a bit naive if he thought all would proceed as planned before the breaking news of a takeover.

I have got to the point where I only expect the worse, that way I cant be disappointed and if something good happens then its a positive.....

Roland could make a small fortune in writing a book however.

"How not to run a football Cloob"

Afterall, he has all the essential credentials.
  • Cannot be a big surprise to anyone. RD wants out - so will not be investing - but will also not want a (unlikely) relegation as that will destroy any value left. Would imagine another loan (or two) and can we re-call Vetokele and RCC? Do not see the sale of Konsa, Holmes or anyone else as likely given that the buyers - who want to buy the club will want all of the assets and that includes the playing staff (who will, I assume, have been valued as any other asset). Selling those players will only serve to reduce the selling price.
  • Personally thats probably the best update KR has given for a while although not what we want to hear.. No promises, telling us where things are and that his hands are tied and not to expect anything. Anything he then delivers is a bonus. Not surprised by this considering we are going through a takeover. Why would RD spend on us when he looks at selling as there is no guarantee for him that if the sale goes through he would recoup that money or if the sale would even complete.

We need this takeover to happen and quickly so we know where we stand and will allow KR to make plans accordingly. At the moment, with the squad we have and the injuries in play we are gonna have to pretty much right off this season.
  • Groundhog day until Roland sells.
    Nothing changes all the while he owns the club.

Ffs just get on with it and sell up you senile old scrote.

The longer the fool waits the less he will get back of his original investment. If he thinks drifting aimlessly through the transfer window adds value then he clearly hasn't learned from past experience whatsoever.
  • Imagine if Karl did his business in the summer instead of now. We would not need to worry getting so many players in now which is not going to happen.
  • "I’ve loved every second of being here. I’ve really put my heart and soul into it – so have my staff. But this club needs something quick. From what I’m hearing, we don’t know where we’re at."

What this means is that neither RD or Murray are communicating with anyone within the club.
  • Utterly depressing but equally utterly predictable.

Would have been the same had there been no takeover discussions.

Exactly. Cant help think that Robinson knows this as well and is using the hard done by angle in that interview. He knew full well what he was in for when he joined.
    Not sure he did tbh. He was probably fed bullshit by KM and possibly RD, the same way the fans have been
    Im not sure i can have that, when the same people had employed, let down and sacked 6 managers before him.
    Fare comment.

I've stupidly worked for people with bad reputations for one thing or other, and got me fingers burnt though.