Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mavididi re-signs on loan until end of season (ed. Italy beckons)

Comments

• Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

OUT: Dodoo.
    IN: Mavididi.

Direct replacement. The playing budget stays the same or less.

Upgrade in quality at least.
    Of course, Mavididi was Robinson's target anyway last summer.
    He was so disappointed not to get him - but he's finally got him now.

There must be something about Robinson - both Dasilva and now Mavididi pleased to come back to Charlton, after being on loan here last season.

Not saying there isn't, but is there anything to back this up other than the usual 'pleased to be at my new club'?
    They are both only loan players - if they didn't want to come back to Charlton, no doubt they could have refused and gone elsewhere.
  • Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

OUT: Dodoo.
    IN: Mavididi.

Direct replacement. The playing budget stays the same or less.

Upgrade in quality at least.
    Of course, Mavididi was Robinson's target anyway last summer.
    He was so disappointed not to get him - but he's finally got him now.

There must be something about Robinson - both Dasilva and now Mavididi pleased to come back to Charlton, after being on loan here last season.

Not saying there isn't, but is there anything to back this up other than the usual 'pleased to be at my new club'?
    They are both only loan players - if they didn't want to come back to Charlton, no doubt they could have refused and gone elsewhere.
    Mav grew up with Konsa apparently.
  • edited January 2018
    Does a loan player have to sign any contract to go out on loan? I personally thought it was the clubs that agree and sign, the players is still paid and owned by Arsenal and as such it's like they've just asked an employee to work for them.

It's a bit like we've got Deloitte staff in at work at the moment doing our work, but they've not had to sign anything as Deloitte are paying them and we're paying Deloitte.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Does a loan player have to sign any contract to go out on loan? I personally thought it was the clubs that agree and sign, the players is still paid and owned by Arsenal and as such it's like they've just asked an employee to work for them.

It's a bit like we've got Deloitte staff in at work at the moment doing our work, but they've not had to sign anything as Deloitte are paying them and we're paying Deloitte.

I'm fairly certain players can refuse loan moves.
  • edited January 2018
    Well done Stephy

Signing of the season
  • Sage said:

Genuinely is a very good young player. The thing that makes him more dangerous is how quick and direct he is. He isn’t afraid of running at defenders, that directness is what we desperately lack when we either don’t have Holmes or he is being double or tripled up on.

Having Mavididi and Holmes in the same side is very good. Defenders will be scared of that, it could also create more space for other players to get into and hurt opponents.

I am happy. We need more of course and this isn’t the signing that Robinson was on about who is in form and scoring goals, that was Doyle, and we are after another striker, but for now, Mavididi is a very good addition.

To everyone who was slating before he kicked a ball for us again.... What you saying now?! :wink:
  • Some people are easiy pleased.

Just lost at home to Gillingham, 9th in tier three with no goals in sight and one striker who looks half dead.

Solution is to sign an injury prone youngster on loan who has never scored a league goal.

Let's just get the take over sorted and pack up this circus once and for all.

We sign someone who hasn't scored a league goal in his career.

Peterborough on the cusp of signing someone who has just scored 13 goal so far this season in this league.

I know who my money's on for getting into the play-offs.

Numpties..........get out of our club & let someone who has ambition take us over.

whelmed, not.

Lol!
  • Cue......a 2nd yellow!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    That’s a really good finish. Not easy to squeeze it inside the near post from that position.
  • Dodoo scored on his first appearance against Oldham... :-)

Shhhhh!
  • JaShea99 said:

That’s a really good finish. Not easy to squeeze it inside the near post from that position.

I'm not convinced he didn't get a deflection, but either way great run and he earnt a bit of luck.
  • Great signing, great goal, great player.

Not like that he didn’t.
  • JaShea99 said:

I'm not convinced he didn't get a deflection, but either way great run and he earnt a bit of luck.
    This vinegar pissing. It hurts, right?

No deflection.
  • Sponsored links:

• shame that ..he looks like he is "all hamstrings" though ..i liked what i saw on saturday ..need to improve end product etc
  • Whats worse is they said 10-days now they've said three weeks

If I've learnt anything from this season its to worry when we get estimated times on players returning from injury
  • A shame it wasn't 2 weeks ago (with the gap caused by the Blackpool postponement)

We're not short of options at least. Apart from Kaikai, we could move Fosu to the left and play either Reeves or Aribo at No 10
  • Whats worse is they said 10-days now they've said three weeks

If I've learnt anything from this season its to worry when we get estimated times on players returning from injury

Typical recovery times:

Muscle strain is normally around 10 days.

Hamstring normally around 3 weeks, unless it's a bad tear which takes about 6 weeks.

• Has his impact been even less than the big lad from Scotland who scored on his debut then sank without trace.
  • Has his impact been even less than the big lad from Scotland who scored on his debut then sank without trace.

No