Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mavididi re-signs on loan until end of season (ed. Italy beckons)

Comments

• Will be a massive loss, gutted
  • Call back KAG. We all know this is the first of a few out.
  • FFS. A real shame.
  • He's not had much luck in his loan spells with us. Or has a serious weakness in his hamstrings seeing that's he's twice picked up serious injuries there with us
  • Thought Kaikai looked good in his short cameo and with him and Fosu we are fine. Reeves and Marshall to fill in also, we are well served on wingers. Issue is up top where Magennis form best described as patchy and the Wolves fella looked absolutely miles from fitness from what I saw.
  • That's gutting news - he's one hell of a player on his day
  • Hopefully the up to 8 weeks is worse case scenario. But arsenal will be controlling his return and will be in no rush to return him.
  • real shame, reminds me of danny haynes
  • the only loan player that looks decent, annoying this is hes been injured in a game that we should of gained 3 points out of, also if true and 8 weeks by time he returns we will have 5 games left and could well be out of playoffs by then
  • Sponsored links:

• The new Danny Haynes.
  • edited February 2018
    Talal said:

the only loan player that looks decent, annoying this is hes been injured in a game that we should of gained 3 points out of, also if true and 8 weeks by time he returns we will have 5 games left and could well be out of playoffs by then

Or... we could have secured a spot by then and will have what feels like a new player going into the playoffs.

Just seeing what a glass half full feels like... it's weird.
    possible but i doubt it, at the very best we get playoffs i dont expect us to win them that current team hasnt got the minerals
  • shirty5 said:

Let's hope we look after him this time. Don't want another end of season hamstring injury.

http://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/charlton-manager-karl-robinson-blames-12675286

Close but no cigar
  • That’s really bad news if not entirely unexpected. He gives us that little something extra. Step up mr Kaikai. This season has been so disappointing on the injury front. Big numbers and important players.
  • That is fucking shite news. Least we have options in that position I guess.
  • That’s really bad news if not entirely unexpected. He gives us that little something extra. Step up mr Kaikai. This season has been so disappointing on the injury front. Big numbers and important players.

Or step up Mr Reeves. After 6 months you should be match fit by now
  • That is fucking shite news. Least we have options in that position I guess.

Do we?!
  • edited February 2018
    Was it his hamstring last season as well?

Our policy of singing injury prone players is so frustrating. Looking forward to Golfie's reaction though...
  • Sponsored links:

• Fuck sake. Get fit soon Stephy.

I really hope it's not a chronic problem because he's such an exciting player when he's on form.
  • Not good news at all. Stephy is so important to us going forward, he is so direct and a real asset to the team. He scares opposition defenders no end.

Let's also get this straight though, he isn't injury prone. Last season he got an injury that ended his season because we played him when we knew he already had a little niggle, it got worse and Robinson took full blame for that. This season he hasn't played too much football, comes to us, does well and picks up a hamstring injury when he is off balance. It does make me wonder whether he has a slight imbalance between the quads and the hammy's but, that is the same in most people.

The only positive we can take from this is that we will see him again in early April, it's not season ending, and that we have Kaikai to come into the side (which he will start on Saturday).

Let's just hope the boys do the business between now and when Mavididi comes back so we still have something to play for.
  • Croydon said:

Our policy of singing injury prone players is so frustrating. Looking forward to Golfie's reaction though...

He didn't get these major hamstring injuries at Preston though?
  • and that is the problem with loans and their lack of match football.
  • Hopefully with new owners we don't have to rely on kids from other clubs with a lack of real match fitness.
  • Croydon said:

He didn't play at Preston!
  • Oh ffs our luck with injuries this year has been terrible.
  • Croydon said:

He didn't play at Preston!
    He played in 10 games for them? On average he played 33 minutes per game.
  • Croydon said:

So is it something our coaching/medical staff are doing wrong? We do seem to be plagued with long term injuries more than most