Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Fixture Schedule

2»

Comments

• edited January 2018

Pep is the latest to have had a pop at the fixture schedule. 2 games in under 48 hours for them. Spurs playing Tuesday night and Thursday night. In the last two weeks we've had a game every 3 days.

While the rest of the continent seems to be laughing at how busy our festive fixture schedule is, we seem to be making it even busier.

However call me a traditionalist, but doesn't it seem to make sense to play football over the festive period when people are off work. After all football is primarily entertainment. Bands perform 6 nights a week, theater productions often put on 8 shows a week. Why should footballers complain about the prospect of 4 matches in 12 days?

Especially given that your average PL side has a squad of 25+ players, enough money to pack it with quality players so others can be rested if necessary and access to the best sports scientists the world has to offer.

You know what I say. Make 'em play more!</</b>blockquote>

Agreed. These clowns are paid millions to entertain me and if I want them playing two games in three days then they bloody well will.