Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Robert "Bob" Smith and a name the players

2»

Comments

• Sorry for your loss HBA.

Top photo, fifth from left with fag, Maurice Bannon our long standing groundsman? I wondered if it might have been Les Gore but couldn't find any photos on line.
  • Lovely story @HerneBayaddick , your dad sounds like a real character.

Good to have great memories of your Dad and the Valley. Hope he’s looking down approvingly when we are finally rid of Duchatelet.
  • edited January 2018
    @Henry Irving I cleaned this picture up a bit, by removing the deep creases...............
  • @Henry Irving I cleaned this picture up a bit, by removing the deep creases...............

Thanks, looks great!
  • Happyvalley suggested the character on the far left of the 1963 photo could be Peter Wakeham. Found this image. He was with us at the time. Thoughts?image
  • Happyvalley suggested the character on the far left of the 1963 photo could be Peter Wakeham. Found this image. He was with us at the time. Thoughts?image

Certainly possible even probable. Wakeham was a goalkeeper and is standing with another goalkeeper, Frank Reed, in the photo.

• />

Certainly possible even probable. Wakeham was a goalkeeper and is standing with another goalkeeper, Frank Reed, in the photo.

Right, that makes sense. #keepersunion
  • Charlie Revell in bottom photo? Not his era but was he coach?