Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First 3 (or 3.5) sites you check on your smart phone when waking up

2»

Comments

• Options
    Emails
    BBC News/sport/weather
    CL
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    MrOneLung said:

Reddit just looks a mess when I have gone into it.

It does look a mess on the normal website. I just use an app for it, makes it look a lot cleaner and more usuable. Avoid the official app though. Use Sync, Relay or Slide on Android or use Apollo if you're on an iPhone.

It's a great resource for almost anything but a lot of the news that makes the front page (before you add your own filters) is very USA-centric since the most popular stuff gets pushed to the top and the majority of users are from the States.
  • Options
    I don’t want to sound sad but I look at CharlronLife and that’s it. I do check other sites during the day but not until after I’ve got up, taken my son to school, logged onto my computer and had something to eat.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    MrOneLung said:

Reddit just looks a mess when I have gone into it.

Once you sign in you only see your chosen feeds. So it can be news and discussion about a TV show you enjoy, different sports, a computer game, whatever you like.

It has a forum for nearly everything, it's a good resource.
  • Options
    redman said:

Emails
    BBC News/sport/weather
    CL

Same as this but the order depends on my mood/what day it is/what time I'm working
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I browse FB, then CL, then I browse through tons of crap in the FB marketplace, just wondering how someone expects to get £300 for a broken tv etc...

I hate what my mornings have become.

I have said before I dislike Facebook from a personal pov and have un-followed most pages and friends. I use it purely to set challenges to one group and to manage my run club (and to keep in touch with those I care about). I'd love to get all my pictures off of it and onto my laptop so I could limit my personal account down even more! Just no idea on how or if it's even possible to get all those thousands of pics off of it.

Think I may set up a mobile & tablet charging station down stairs so that when I go to bed I don't cram my face into my smart devices til the early hours, it'll also stop me cramming my face into my smart devices first thing in the morning.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Normally check WatsApp after waking up. Friends start work really early in the mornings so all major news is normally on there.

Websites:

BBC News & Sport
    Charlton Life
    Bleacher Report (WWE Section)

• Options
    What I find interesting
    Pretty much everyone has said CL in first 3
    Not 1 person has even mentioned OS in top 5
  • Options

What I find interesting

Only use the OS to purchase tickets, or read link sent from the club twitter page.
  • Options

What I find interesting

People on here will usually provide information and source which saves me hunting for it either on the OS or News Shopper etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i generally go on the usual social media outlets.

insagram, facebook, twatter.

charlton life i tend to save for wasting hours of company time at work.
  • Options
    Forever Charlton
    Charlton Blogs
    Charlton Life
    The Times/Sunday Times
    All you need
  • Options
    Charlton Life
    Dr Kish
    Facebook.
  • Options
    YouTube for news channels
    Charlton Life
    Work emails
  • Options
    thetrainline.com/live (fuck you Southeastern)

Then any two of FB, Reddit, CL or Twitter.

I am a simple man.
  • Options
    a/1 - Red Tube
    b/2 - History
    c/3 - Delete
  • Options
    Typically CL first, but if I wake up and if I’ve been notified I’ve been sent a message by SparkleEyes1985 on Plenty of Fish, I will check that first. Invariably SparkleEyes1985 is nothing to write home about so I’ll go back to CL

Then twitter
    Then Guardian/bbc news app
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Typically CL first, but if I wake up and if I’ve been notified I’ve been sent a message by SparkleEyes1985 on Plenty of Fish, I will check that first. Invariably SparkleEyes1985 is nothing to write home about so I’ll go back to CL

Then twitter
    Then Guardian/bbc news app

thats not what u said to me her this morning :wink:
  • Options
    Charlton Life
    Sky news
    BBC news
    Weather
    Racing Post
    Facebook
  • Options
    At this time of year:
    1, BBC.co.uk
    2, NFL.com
    3, charltonlife
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Facebook
    Fab swingers
    Charlton life
    Xhamster
    Get up for shower and work
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I browse FB, then CL, then I browse through tons of crap in the FB marketplace, just wondering how someone expects to get £300 for a broken tv etc...

I hate what my mornings have become.

I have said before I dislike Facebook from a personal pov and have un-followed most pages and friends. I use it purely to set challenges to one group and to manage my run club (and to keep in touch with those I care about). I'd love to get all my pictures off of it and onto my laptop so I could limit my personal account down even more! Just no idea on how or if it's even possible to get all those thousands of pics off of it.

Think I may set up a mobile & tablet charging station down stairs so that when I go to bed I don't cram my face into my smart devices til the early hours, it'll also stop me cramming my face into my smart devices first thing in the morning.

Here you go, mate - https://www.facebook.com/help/131112897028467/

I deactivated Facebook about 2 years ago, been tempted to create another account; I don't like Facebook (I feckin' hate it.) but it's getting to the point where you need an account to log in to public WiFi hotspots, or to check events at the local pub.

One thing I wish I'd have done before I deactivated my account was dump all my photos; I've realised this year just how important those memories are! I just can't bring myself to log in to be fair.
  • Options

What's the fascination with Reddit?

I've gone on a few times yet not sure about it... Is it just another big Forum like CharltonLife?

Just about everything instead?

Yeah, imagine a giant forum with categories ("subreddits") for nearly every conceivable topic and viewpoint there is. I keep an eye on a few work related ones (infosec and programming based), some current affairs ones (politics and news) and hobby ones (motorcycles, lockpicking, sports etc).

It can be a cracking source of news and discussions, but as it's so bloody big it doesn't feel as personal as the likes of CharltonLife; I couldn't list any usernames of note off the top of my head etc.

As @Callumcafc says - try out a different app if you want to use it on your phone; I like Boost on Android.
  • Options
    I wake up with the BBC Breakfast show on (shower of shiite), and get most of my news from there and Reddit/Twitter.

1. Twitter
    2. Reddit
    3. Emails
  • Options
    Southeastern when I get up in the morning, just in case something untoward has happened to my train.
    When I get to work;
    BBC
    CL
    My workplaces procurement site, I can then look at what to spend their money on.
  • Options
    Any filthy videos I’ve taken with my missus whilst drunk the night before
    BBC sport
    Charlton life
  • Options
    BBC News
    Guardian
    CL
    Some Chinese social media stuff.
  • Options
    CL, FB, Sky News

But the joy of insomnia is that I get to read them fairly regularly in the night too