Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non-Charlton January Transfers 2018 Thread (Deadline Day Page 6)

Comments

• West Ham would be fools not to take the £20m offer from Chelsea for Andy Carroll - he's out again injured for a month with an ankle injury now. That's a lot of money for a 29 year old who has started just 171 League games in his career in his 11 year career.
  • dizzee said:

Chelsea in for Peter Crouch. Quality stuff.

United sign Sanchez
    Arsenal sign Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan
    Chelsea after Carroll and Crouch
  • dizzee said:

United sign Sanchez
    I think Abramovich put the kibosh on big signings this window. Probably wise. They have zero chance at the title, are reigning champs and almost certain top 4. Might as well hold on and regroup in the offseason.
  • dizzee said:

United sign Sanchez
    I think Abramovich put the kibosh on big signings this window. Probably wise. They have zero chance at the title, are reigning champs and almost certain top 4. Might as well hold on and regroup in the offseason.
    Disagree almost certain top 4
    Currently 3rd
    3 points above spurs
    Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan really gonna help Arsenal try and squeeze in

If Morata and Batman dont score, they are gonna struggle, they have played 5 gamesin 2018 only scored 3 goals, and have played Norwich twice
  • dizzee said:

United sign Sanchez
    Unless they agree to spend big in the summer i can't see Conte being there next season.
  • dizzee said:

United sign Sanchez
    Currently 3rd
    3 points above spurs

If Morata and Batman dont score, they are gonna struggle, they have played 5 gamesin 2018 only scored 3 goals, and have played Norwich twice
    Thats if Aubameyang and / or Mikhitaryan sign for Arsenal - the latter probably will but we've seen time and again where they've been linked with a big name and its not happened
  • dizzee said:

United sign Sanchez
    Currently 3rd
    3 points above spurs

Thats if Aubameyang and / or Mikhitaryan sign for Arsenal - the latter probably will but we've seen time and again where they've been linked with a big name and its not happened
    By all accounts Aubameyang has played his last game for Dortmund, been left out of their squad for tonights game and has agreed terms with Arsenal.
  • dizzee said:

United sign Sanchez
    Currently 3rd
    3 points above spurs

Holy goals Batman!
  • Plymouth Argyle have signed Wales international forward Simon Church on an undisclosed-length deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

Plymouth Argyle have signed Wales international forward Simon Church on an undisclosed-length deal.

I thought he was going to Poland?

Joking aside, Church is reasonable player at this level. Not prolific of course, but a decent channel runner
  • edited January 2018
    Franck Moussa: Gillingham hand deal to ex-Walsall midfielder

Did not want to get fans excited by putting it on our transfer thread
  • ross1 said:

Franck Moussa: Gillingham hand deal to ex-Walsall midfielder

Did not want to get fans excited by putting it on our transfer thread

He was a decent looking player until he got Charltonized...
  • edited January 2018
    If Aiden Flint is worth more than £6m how much should we accept for Konsa? My hope is that those doing DD will put a kybosh on any move.
  • If Aiden Flint is worth more than £6m how much should we accept for Konsa? My hope is that those doing DD will put a kybosh on any move.

Flint is an established Championship defender who should be old enough to step up, with Konsa it's more about promise, would he even be first choice CB for us if Pearce and Bauer were fit?
  • If Aiden Flint is worth more than £6m how much should we accept for Konsa? My hope is that those doing DD will put a kybosh on any move.

Flint is an established Championship defender who should be old enough to step up, with Konsa it's more about promise, would he even be first choice CB for us if Pearce and Bauer were fit?
    City went up when he joined conceding 58 goals. Next year 66, last 71. Hardly a defensive rock although decent this year.

£6m for a Championship CB who has never played above that level and will be 29 before next season seems ridiculous to me.
  • edited January 2018

If Aiden Flint is worth more than £6m how much should we accept for Konsa? My hope is that those doing DD will put a kybosh on any move.

£6m for a Championship CB who has never played above that level and will be 29 before next season seems ridiculous to me.
    Pocket change for them. It is in the real world
  • Sponsored links:

• Darren Bent joins Burton on loan from Derby. An easy commute for him!

• As Nigel Clough says, he's gone for a total of £60m in transfer fees during his career so he's no Pete the pole.
  • Would love to see him back with us.
  • This deal has been in the making for a good 2/3 weeks now. Rowett obviously has good connections and a relationship with Burton from his time there. Was always going to be the only destination Derby were allowing him to go, just fear for them being too late to go and stay up now.
  • Tim Cahill being offered a contract by Millwall! Now 38...
  • Oldham sign a striker.............from Wolves.

Duckens Nazon. May not have played much in this country but on-loan at Coventry this season & scored 8 in 24.

So, Wolves have a proper striker that has been playing regularly this season & we ask them for a player that's been out injured & not played a league game this season.........and is not a recognised striker.

well played all concerned.
  • Nazon is 5"11 so i'd have thought it unlikely he can play as a target man, and probably works better in a front 2, which KR isn't going to play. 8 in 24 in league 2 is hardly prolific either, and he'd be stepping up to a level he's never played at. I doubt he's any better than Ajose.

Zyro can play wide or as a target man so is probably a better option for us. I trust KR on this.

Duckens Nazon. May not have played much in this country but on-loan at Coventry this season & scored 8 in 24.

So, Wolves have a proper striker that has been playing regularly this season & we ask them for a player that's been out injured & not played a league game this season.........and is not a recognised striker.

You are probably overlooking that fact that Robinson didn’t want Nazon?

Its actually 6 goals in 21 league games
    And thats in league 2.

Lets see who has scored more League 1 goals by the end of the season