Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non-Charlton January Transfers 2018 Thread (Deadline Day Page 6)

Comments

• Options

Blackburn look to be signing Adam Armstrong on loan from Newcastle

Its a shame the lad hasn't had a chance under Rafa - Yet at League One level that would be a perfect signing for us!!

He's been at Bolton in the first half of the season, so I imagine staying in the same area was attractive
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Well Dortmund are giving a trial to Usain Bolt so he's no longer needed.

This really fucks me off. It's everything that's wrong with the modern game. Such a load of shit. I like Bolt, he's an all time great, but this casual get a trial at a top football club after being a sprinter is just bollocks. Also how he has a dream to play for Man Utd. So do many English kids who will never get a chance because of the way the prem is structured, yet he can saunter in and get a trial off the back of establishing a career in athletics
  • Options

Blackburn look to be signing Adam Armstrong on loan from Newcastle

Its a shame the lad hasn't had a chance under Rafa - Yet at League One level that would be a perfect signing for us!!

Not really good enough for the premier league and he hasn't even scored goals at championship level.

I'd say league one is about his level really, so i'd expect him to do well at Blackburn.
  • Options

Cameron Brannagan (Liverpool youngster) has signed for Oxford United for £200,000,we have needed a central midfielder that can change the game for a very very long time now.How can we not pull off transfers like this and Oxford United can?

Is he any good then? Tell me what you know about him?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Cameron Brannagan (Liverpool youngster) has signed for Oxford United for £200,000,we have needed a central midfielder that can change the game for a very very long time now.How can we not pull off transfers like this and Oxford United can?

Is he any good then? Tell me what you know about him?
    It wasnt me saying he is the man to play for us,its more me saying,why can we not buy players like this and Adam Armstrong but ricky_otto has answered all the questions i can ask today anyway ahahahaha.I am not a Scout can we confirm that please.
  • Options
    You mean a player that is not proven at this level? Think we've signed lots of them in the past.
  • Options
    Francis Coquelin expected to be listed by Arsenal. Lack of game time means he wants to rejoin a club he played for in the Championship.
  • Options
    Cedric Bakambu (Remember him) is about to move to China for £65m!!

Makes me happy to know that Roland missed out on him for us now
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Francis Coquelin expected to be listed by Arsenal. Lack of game time means he wants to rejoin a club he played for in the Championship.

Going abroad - Spain I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dazzler21 said:

Seen he was linked with Valencia today
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Gone
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Gone
    He has a release clause in his new Valencia contract

Its not much either only £71 million
  • Options
    Not only do we get to see Premiership stars of the future but we get to see future stars of La Liga too !!
  • Options
    Reports suggesting that Tim Cahill is coming home.

Just hope his legs haven't completely gone.
  • Options
    Joe Piggott signed for Wimbledon from Maidstone.
  • Options
    Walcott to Everton

Where will Ademola fit in with competition being:

Bolasie
    Walcott
    Miralles

and a few others... I don't know the Everton squad really, but I can't see him getting past Bolasie and Walcott!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Walcott to Everton

Bolasie
    Walcott
    Miralles

and a few others... I don't know the Everton squad really, but I can't see him getting past Bolasie and Walcott!

Mirallas has left for Olympiakos
  • Options
    Proves my point on how little I know about Everton!
  • Options
    They've been playing Calvert-Lewin (now Tosun) up top, with Rooney behind and Sigurdsson and Lennon (now Bolasie) on the flanks. Logic would dictate that Walcott isn't coming to warm the bench, and Rooney and Sigurdsson won't be left out, so Walcott on the right, Sigurdsson on the left, Rooney behind Tosun. That leaves Bolasie as an impact sub (something he also wasn't brought to the club to be).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Walcott to Everton

Bolasie
    Walcott
    Miralles

You also forgot about Lennon and Vlasic.

I think they should probably loan Lookman out to a top championship side for the rest of the season. so he can get some games. Lookman has now played under 3 managers there and none of them have really given him a run in the side so i can only assume that he's not really ready for top flight football, which to be honest a lot of us said at the time they bought him.
  • Options
    @Chris_from_Sidcup I think he'd do well in League 1 to replace a winger...
  • Options
    They'll also have Seamus Coleman back soon, yet another winger although he's played right back for a few seasons.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

They'll also have Seamus Coleman back soon, yet another winger although he's played right back for a few seasons.

Coleman a winger? never heard of that before, maybe i am being pedantic as he is suited to wing back 3-5-2
  • Options
    Think he started as a winger then moved back when they had injuries.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Think he started as a winger then moved back when they had injuries.

I never knew that, assumed as soon as he came through he was put wing back. Likewise Calvert-Lewin started LB or LWB if i remember correctly which confused me the other week as they played someone back there as a last resort and i was thinking why dont they just put him back there for that game.

Bit of a shame lookman hasn't really had much chance, destroyed Gomez in the cup and not many have done that this season. Also has always looked good when he has come on. Hopefully goes to a top championship side eg. Cardiff
  • Options
    How do you differentiate between a winger and a right sided midfielder?

They have Bolassie, Lookman, Mirallas, Lennon and now Walcott.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

How do you differentiate between a winger and a right sided midfielder?

They have Bolassie, Lookman, Mirallas, Lennon and now Walcott.

I would say:
    Wingers as you have, although Mirallas has gone
    Wing backs: Coleman, Baines, jojo Kenny (dogshite)

RM is pretty much wingers in my book just modernised most are wingers.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Walcott to Everton

Bolasie
    Walcott
    Miralles

You also forgot about Lennon and Vlasic.

I think they should probably loan Lookman out to a top championship side for the rest of the season. so he can get some games. Lookman has now played under 3 managers there and none of them have really given him a run in the side so i can only assume that he's not really ready for top flight football, which to be honest a lot of us said at the time they bought him.
    It might not be that easy. Do any of the top Championship clubs need a winger who has hardly played this season? And would they be guaranteed to give Lookman much more time than he's getting at Everton?